Sign in to follow this  
CarnageINC-

Mandatory Preparation Watch List for Dark Hours Raid

CarnageINC-

Due to the amount of times I've/we've ended up teaching every mechanic in the raid and slowing the pace down the team, I am implementing a easy to watch 'tutorial' of the raid.  The main thing I want new players to get from watching these videos are how each boss battle works.  Once you've seen how the bosses work it will be easier to give a brief explanation of how we will do certain sections in the raid.

I want every player to have a DPS Unbreakable build with either Demolition or Survivalist Specialization.  Have BOTH in your loadouts please.  For those who like to tinker with other builds, have a 3 red 3 blue Vanguard shield build that runs the ECM pulse or a 5 red 1 blue 'Tardigrade' build with the Demolition and Survivalist Specialization for each.  These last two builds  are not mandatory and do not guarantee you will use them during the raid, they are to give the group as a whole options during the raid.  If you can, have a glass cannon chest piece you can plug into your raid build for Buddy and Lucy.

For now, the optimum raid composition is 1 Vanguard Shield, 1 Overwatch Sniper, 6 Unbreakable DPS. 

The first 2 videos are mandatory to watch, the 3rd video is new players and the 4th is to watch to see a non 'super YouTuber' group go through the raid.  New players, after you have watched the videos, make a post below stating you want to raid.  I will pick from this pool of players to go raiding, no name, no raid.

This first video is the most important one.  Know the mechanics of each boss please.  Boomer and Razorback are the important ones to know how they work.

This is the new Buddy and Lucy technique we are using from on out.  If you normally run a unbreakable chest piece I ask that you switch it out for a Glass Cannon one only for this boss.  Also, if you have the Bullet King, its best use is this part of the raid.  Also, you will equip a Scanner Pulse in place of your healing.

This video is for those who are not sure on how to create a "raid ready" unbreakable build.

Non Mandatory video, their raid ends around the 1:05 hour mark.

• Like 3

os--

im running the unbreakable now , on a rifle /AR setup  and loving it works a treat for me. Still tweaking the stats and get close to having most of them right 🙂  great video and a must watch for all FNG.s  even a few vets may benefit Thanks 

• Like 2

0xygenthief

I had just one question in regards to the unbreakable build...

The revive hive skill is a no brainer, but the shield drone isn't very usable IMO.  To me its only good when you KNOW you are about to be flanked by a hard hitter.  Kicking it off after you've already been shot and nearly killed can potentially help you stay alive a few more seconds while you scramble for cover to use an armor kit, sure.  But is it any better than a healer ball or drone that can be used to heal teammates as well?  I ask because it seems the shield drone lasts only a few seconds even without performing any shielding.  How does it compare to alternatives?  Or am I missing something in its use during this raid specifically?

• Like 2

Spankssz
Posted (edited)

Have seen the videos and would like to join for a raid at some point. Have to lvl up Survivalist first tho.  

Have lvl'ed up survivalist and got unbreakable build

Edited by Spankssz
  • Like 2

AgentSerro
5 hours ago, 0xygenthief said:

I had just one question in regards to the unbreakable build...

The revive hive skill is a no brainer, but the shield drone isn't very usable IMO.  To me its only good when you KNOW you are about to be flanked by a hard hitter.  Kicking it off after you've already been shot and nearly killed can potentially help you stay alive a few more seconds while you scramble for cover to use an armor kit, sure.  But is it any better than a healer ball or drone that can be used to heal teammates as well?  I ask because it seems the shield drone lasts only a few seconds even without performing any shielding.  How does it compare to alternatives?  Or am I missing something in its use during this raid specifically?

My personal opinion, healer ball is better as it will heal you and near by teammates without you doing anything plus mine stays up for a long time and only takes I think 25 secs to recharge so its up almost all the time during the raid. healing drone would be my 2nd choice. I have tried to use the shield drone before but it is only up for such a quick moment that I prefer using healing ball or the drone over it as I feel like it keeps me alive much longer. My raid build uses unbreakable + healing ball as I am running survivalist and I really do like it.

When looking at other builds, use them as a base blueprint for yourself. Once you have the build all set up, always upgrade and improve but don't be shy about changing things up because sooner or later you will have a build that works great for you.

• Like 1

AgentSerro

Seen this video and thought maybe it would helpful, its short and covers what we are doing. He even mentions the boomers weak points LoL

• *Expect for razor back, as using the demolitionist is prefer over tossing grenades.
  • At the end of the raid, two people have to toss a grenade into a small box and get the grenade to land on the lip of that small box, its hard, slow and problematic but if you use your special weapon from the demolitionist class, then its super easy because you just aim at the small box and shot, this works every time. You do this right after the crossbow guys explodes the grate covering the small box. You will see what im talking about in the videos.

• Like 1

Darkflo_264

Hello!

I´ve seen the videos and have both mandatory builds handy.

I would love to participate in your raids!

Sadly no big experience here, only have done it on "easy mode" so far.

• Like 2

Bace100

Watched them both, might need a push every now and then as its gonna be new me to be raiding again in this game.

• Like 1

AgentSerro
7 hours ago, Darkflo_264 said:

Hello!

I´ve seen the videos and have both mandatory builds handy.

I would love to participate in your raids!

Sadly no big experience here, only have done it on "easy mode" so far.

15 minutes ago, Bace100 said:

Watched them both, might need a push every now and then as its gonna be new me to be raiding again in this game.

We would like to get you both into the raid 😁

Normally... we do a raid Saturday and Sunday around 10am pst.

Bringing one or two new raiders into the raid is fine, if you watch the videos and can listen, then your good to go 👍

When you see Carnage on TeamSpeak, just let him know you are wanting to raid. Raid Commander Carnage is a great person for teaching the raid, heck he is the one that thought me even.

Darkflo_264

Thank you. Completed it once on normal with a random group right now. So at least i know a little bit more whats going on now 🙂

If some raid is going on and i´m not on TS, just ping me on uplay or discord please and i´ll be there 🙂

• Like 2

AgentSerro

Actually looks like the raid times are abit up in the air at the moment...

I would say catch carnage on TeamSpeak and he will get you into the raid.

Raid times are anywhere between 8am pst to 12 noon pst, guess depending on whos online at what times.

• Like 1

Britainnic

Thought these two pictures may help new raid players understand where things are located and where enemies spawn from when area activated.

Boomer Map.png

Razorback-Map.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

raiid1970

Watched the videos and have an Unbreakable or Tardigarde set ready. I work in a hospital, weekend shift during the daytime EST, so unsure if I'll ever be available when a raid is going on, but if so I'd be happy to go.

• Like 2

xajcobthegreat
Posted (edited)

I have watch the video and  want to raid.  If I am on teamspeak just ask! I have an Unbreakable set. 

Edited by xajcobthegreat
  • Like 2

EmperorOffman

I have watched all the videos  and have DPS unbreakable build so please let me know of future raids. I would like to run a couple when there are open spots. Thanks!

• Like 2

AgentSerro
6 hours ago, EmperorOffman said:

I have watched all the videos  and have DPS unbreakable build so please let me know of future raids. I would like to run a couple when there are open spots. Thanks!

Make sure to check with CarnageINC- but I am sure we will be raiding this coming Saturday around 9 or 10am pst 👍

• Like 1

raiders9595

I've watched the videos and got my build ready to raid

• Like 2

ObsidianNight

watched

• Like 2

Farcryer01

I have watched the vid's & have an ok unbreakable build but sadly no great mg yet but I am using the named one which has a decent output I think. I also completed the discovery mode. I can equip the Exotic mask too & also have the named chest piece for perfect vanguard. Do I need to make an NVD build for the Buddy/Lucy boss ? The two required builds if I understand are unbreakable with 1 as Demo & other as Survivalist loadouts ?

Are you guys still going to do the first raid after the new one releases ?

Have you got any imfo on the new raid bosses builds yet etc ?

• Like 2

AgentSerro
On 6/19/2020 at 5:44 AM, Farcryer01 said:

I have watched the vid's & have an ok unbreakable build but sadly no great mg yet but I am using the named one which has a decent output I think. I also completed the discovery mode. I can equip the Exotic mask too & also have the named chest piece for perfect vanguard. Do I need to make an NVD build for the Buddy/Lucy boss ? The two required builds if I understand are unbreakable with 1 as Demo & other as Survivalist loadouts ?

Are you guys still going to do the first raid after the new one releases ?

Have you got any imfo on the new raid bosses builds yet etc ?

Out of the 8 players in the group, its required to have 2 demo and 2 survivalist

When we do Buddy & Lucy… you equip the scanner pulse, then a weapon like bullet king, mg5 or maybe an ar with a large clip and fast to reload... it takes us about 20 seconds to kill them both.

Unbreakable is really REALLY good to have in the raid.

please keep in mind that discovery mode as different mechanics and missing things, compared to the normal raid.

Normally... on the weekends, around 10am pst give or take an hour, we form up and run the raid so please join us, would be great to have you with us!

Once you run the normal raid once... everything starts to make since, you see first hand how everything is and will be able to make better builds. we are fairly good at teaching players new to the raid so just come on in with us. also this weekend, we may be getting an afternoon raid together to help one of our members.

Just be on TeamSpeak and let us know you want in on the raid, we will take it from there 👍😁

Farcryer01

Ok cool I now have my headset setup but I am trying to eliminate this horrible buzzing sound.

• Like 2

Ryptide

Ready to raid!

• Like 2

AgentSerro

remember, best way of getting into the raid is joining us on TeamSpeak and letting us know.

We have and always will be really good about making sure all members get into the raid, get the loot, get commendations and have fun 😁

CarnageINC-

I still plan on running the Dark Hours Raid on the weekends for anyone who is interested.  We also will be experimenting and running Iron Horse raid afterwards or in place of if we don't get enough interest.

• Like 2