Sign in to follow this  
Moose004

BFV 6.0 out

Moose004

Hey...for them what still cares about BFV, the new map (Solomon Islands) released today.  I'm patching now, haven't had a chance to play it yet.  Might try it later tonight or tomorrow.

Also, vintage DICE...two of the weapons that were supposed to be TOW chapter rewards, the M2 Carbine and the Ithaca Model 37 shotgun, got accidentally released this morning.  So DICE has just decided to go ahead and give them to everybody and put other stuff in place of them in the chapter rewards.  So enjoy your new shotgun and automatic Nerf assault rifle. 😄 

• Like 2

Trunkz Jr

Damn awesome will be playing tonight, that map looks sweet give some Bad Company II Valpriseo vibes (or whatever that Jungle map was called). 

Moose004

I played a game on the new map.  I'm not sure how it's going to play overall, but man it looks good.  You can really tell that the same guy that did Argonne Forest did this one, the lighting and feel of the jungle are similar..  But it's not nearly as tight as Argonne, there's at least one LVT per side and I think a couple cars/jeeps?  And at least some room for them to maneuver.  Good infantry action too, at least for one game.  FIve flags on Conquest, the middle flag is a village with a river running through it.

The M2 is a full-auto Nerf shooter.  830 rpm, 30-round magazine, not sure what it hits for up close but it goes down to about 12 damage out a ways, so 9 BTK at long range.  Not much recoil, seems fairly easy to handle.  Honestly it feels like assault just got an SMG.  (I know there were complaints in WWII and Korea about the .30 Carbine round not hitting hard enough, but the M1/M2 family were never designed to be front-line infantry weapons, they were the PDWs of their day for tankers and non-infantry types.)  The specializations are basically SMG specializations, you can either go less recoil/better ADS movement speed or better hipfire.

• Like 1

Trunkz Jr

Damn sounds good, downloading the update right now 

• Like 1

Trunkz Jr

Holy crap there’s a Crocodile in the water that will attack you lool that’s pretty neat but damn thing is a kill stealer. 

kk5

Did they port Chompi over from BF Hardline? 

Trunkz Jr

@Battlefield Players

We can create BFV Servers now I guess? I see some made, and it seems free too

• Turned On 1

kk5

Do they let you progress tides of war in them yet? 

Zer0Wulf

Not likely, last time I checked couple weeks ago, yeah you can create them for free, no tides of war progression though

Edited by Zer0Wulf

Trunkz Jr

Plus side we can now finally host our BFV Pistol and Knife Tournaments along with any others we choose to do ☝️