Zer0Wulf

BF1 and BF4 private servers?

Zer0Wulf

I definitely would be interested in 64 slot servers for both games. I know I’m not the only one interested in this and I’m sure if we can’t get UWS official support, we can just fund our own if y’all want. Let’s see the interest and go from there, I’m willing to throw in money if needed.

• Like 3

macgregor1964

I am definitely up for it. Not sure if we should rent 2 at a time. Might be a little difficult to populate. I would say start with BF1 , as there is only a few (7-10) servers available,  and would be easier to drive traffic. Or start with BF4 , either way sounds like a plan.

• Like 1

murrpheus

+1 for BF1

• Like 2

Sgt_Wrx

I know we've been talking about this for a couple of weeks now in teamspeak I'm definitely up for a BF server of our own. I also agree that BF1 is the logical choice for a server. We need to bolster our numbers in that segment for sure. 

Zer0Wulf

To keep this topic UTD, we tried to rent one and Origin wouldn't let anybody check out and pay. So i guess we'll try again at a later time.

• Like 2

macgregor1964

It looks like they are trying to drive traffic to BFV free available servers. I found one BF1 server admin that could not extend his existing server subscription. We will have to keep trying and see if anything opens up to rent a BF1 server. 

• Like 1

murrpheus

Omg So bfv is not only bad it's also toxic!!  

• Haha 2

macgregor1964

@murrpheus You are just figuring that out now...lol BF1-BF4 good times bro.Join the resistance...

Zer0Wulf

Update again...

Last night I purchased a server for 7 days to see how it goes and if we can populate it. Sgt Wrx, lionkiller, macgregor, Murrpheus, and machine Have admin rights and I’ll add Trunkz tonight. 

server is named 

UWSGaming.com -  Hell’s Half Acre

Lets try to get it populated and get some recruits.

Edited by Zer0Wulf
  • Like 2

Grav1ty
17 hours ago, Zer0Wulf said:

Update again...

Last night I purchased a server for 7 days to see how it goes and if we can populate it. Sgt Wrx, lionkiller, macgregor, Murrpheus, and machine Have admin rights and I’ll add Trunkz tonight. 

server is named 

UWSGaming.com -  Hell’s Half Acre

Lets try to get it populated and get some recruits.

Is it a BF1 or a BF4 server? Cause I just have BF1 and so I can play the hell out of it.

macgregor1964

BF1

Zer0Wulf

It’ll be very difficult to populate unless we have a decent number of players on, as we found out yesterday. I spent a couple of hours in it screwing around, for some randos tried to go easy on them, stuck around for a bit but left. Plus the server only sometimes shows up in the browser, it’s odd and confirmed by others. 

• Haha 2

Zer0Wulf

We could do a knife or pistol tournament since we have the server if staff wants, since we haven’t had one in forever. 

Trunkz Jr
1 hour ago, Zer0Wulf said:

We could do a knife or pistol tournament since we have the server if staff wants, since we haven’t had one in forever. 

Was hoping to do this with BFV but 6 days might not be enough warning for ppl to make plans around. 

Best thing to do is download an auto clicker that will click your mouse every 2min or 1min and just idle on the server when you aren’t there, I remember @Chocospam gave me one long time ago to use on our BF3/BF4 servers which worked great, never got idle booted out and having 9 players on the server sure helps get more compare to say 2-3 active players, this is why we made the server starter award because it takes dedication to get yourself on the server and help get it going be it you idle or just mess around. 

• Like 1

Zer0Wulf

I’ll probably renew the server to see if we can still get things going. So what’s the deal with bfv private servers, how does that work? I’m not up to date on my bfv stuff.

• Haha 1

kk5

I'll try to jump on when I finally get some free time. 

4F73RM47H

We should get a knife fight going or something with the server. Might as well while we have it. 

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

murrpheus

i must say .... i love me some bf1 !

42-3bf1.png

• Like 1

murrpheus

I went to a sushi bar the other day. The waiter asked me, sir, would you like a regular table, or would you like to sit at the bar. I said, the bar. i always go.. with THE BAR !!!

• Haha 3

macgregor1964

I will see you at THE BAR @murrpheus. Nice round ( 42k 3 d ) . I was flying in FAO ( 48k 3d ) lots o fun. As much as i would like to see a viable BF1 private server for UWS , this late in the game it will be difficult to get a following population . Not that we shouldn't try,  but it might be just another fools errand. I agree with social studies, we should get a knife fight or maybe squad v squad v squad  if we can get 8 or 12 players. That way no one is sitting around waiting for ever to play. @Zer0Wulf BFV server DOA. DUH

murrpheus
9 hours ago, macgregor1964 said:

As much as i would like to see a viable BF1 private server for UWS , this late in the game it will be difficult to get a following population . Not that we shouldn't try,  but it might be just another fools errand. 

Very true. I feel the period 6-12 months before bfv launch, when we used to play BF1 is a missed opportunity. Our team speak would be quite packed almost everyday and on weekends it would be utter chaos, with so many of us playing BF1.

However I remember then asking around as to why we did not have our own server, and the rationale then was that the custom servers did not offer much in the way of customization. While that was and is true, the potential to fill up servers and to get new recruits would have been much higher then, given that our teamspeak was much more frequented back then.

I guess hindsight truly is 20/20 because no one could have predicted that bfv would be so bad that our playerbase would be killed like a v1 rocket heading to a bunch of campers!!

Edited by murrpheus
  • Like 1

Zer0Wulf

We will have to wait for the 6.2 patch for a pseudo ttk revert, not even 6.0 that’s due out next. I will likely not play bfv much at all anymore unless they revert the ttk back to the way it used to be.

ill keep the server up if we can get some tournaments going but it’s up to staff to organize them.

Sgt_Wrx

Have we considered going with smaller maps/ game modes like some domination? I've found it's sometimes easier to populate a server if they know they're not going to have to run 3 miles across a map just to get killed. 

• Like 1

l-RUSE-|

If yall are still thinking about BF4, I play actively so ill give you the run down on how the servers go on a day to day basis(noting that I only play North American servers)

Theres a handful of servers right now I can pretty much name them off the top of my head, 
Boots and cats is a 60hz server that rotates golmud railway, hainan resort, lancang dam, rogue transmission and floodzone however ive never seen it on flood zone. Its votemap which means its pretty much golmud railway and rogue transmission
Flubber is a 40hz with the same rotation as the server above but with paracel storm in place of flood zone. Also a votemap and this server is golmud railway 80% of the time
I like turtles is a 40hz with the same rotation as boots and cats but I see flood zone here more often, still golmud railway 80% of the time
TBG is a 30hz server and the only server that has DLC running 24/7. Tends to stay queued during peak times but 30hz is frustrating to say the least.
Best west is a 30hz server that nobody plays because Best east is 60hz. Classic conquest rotation of all base maps with votemap
Best east is the server I play on the most often. 60hz + Has VIP perk that you can earn with challenges which keep you from being auto balanced and gives you 3 commands (!killme !switchme !lead) Gets going around noon and will stay populated till late night as long as nobody is farming it. Votemap classic conquest rotation. DLC is added after 9pm PST if full server which is nice 
AAA bestest conquestest will be populated if best east isnt. 40hz but has the same vip perks and challenges which get me to join. same rotation as boots and cats, votemap
24/7 siege is a 60hz server that i typically farm on. The best attack heli pilots find home here and its one of the only severs that I see admins on consistently. Has rules that are enforced actually. Pilot chooses gunner in heli and no taking down the skyscraper are the main ones 
Theres two rush servers. One 120hz that nobody is ever on, and one 60hz that gets going a few times a week.
Theres one 30 man 30hz TDM server that stays full but why play BF4 for tdm? 

vq37 has a lot of servers and im banned on all of em for doing well. bad admins. 

In my opinion what makes a good server:
60hz
votemap
admins that dont kick/ban aside from enforcing rules

no firing from spawn rule

Edited by l-RUSE-|
  • Like 1

Zer0Wulf
16 hours ago, Sgt_Wrx said:

Have we considered going with smaller maps/ game modes like some domination? I've found it's sometimes easier to populate a server if they know they're not going to have to run 3 miles across a map just to get killed. 

Good idea, I’ll change it up tonight 

• Like 1