Sign in to follow this  
SinisterVirtue

I need to learn how to play this game.

SinisterVirtue

Coming from the Battlefield section. Got any videos or helpful tips? 

Hellsaber

Do scav runs and learn the maps. really the biggest thing is knowing the maps and taking your time, its an intense game that can turn very toxic when you shoot someone on your team or run off and dont know where you are.

• Like 1

Morgrhim

The best thing I've found that's taught me is just being in runs with other members in Teamspeak. I spent about 4 days doing nothing but solo offline runs with no AI to learn the maps while comparing my spawns/position against the callout maps (I keep callout maps up on a second screen), and then I jumped into LFG and started asking people to let me join, followed along, and mostly stayed quiet unless I saw contact. Within a few days I got comfortable enough to be much more active in raids. Now the gear economy part? I'm still figuring that out.

padi0094

Learn about insurance! The insurance in Escape is a term used to describe a service rendered by dealers. It can provide you with a chance to get stuff back, that was lost upon death. To have a chance to get your stuff back, you have to pay for services of either Prapor or Therapist as both of them specialize in that matter. Almost every piece of equipment that you carry can be insured for a certain fee but there are some rules that determine whether you will get your stuff back or not. There's of course more to it, but for that and more just see the following guide on EFT insurance. Hope it helps. 

lilgartz

poke me on TS if u wanna raid together i can show you around if you still need help

Wibble

This is genuinely the best series to watch for new people, he explains a lot of stuff while playing without information dumping. Sticking to scav runs and reading the Official Escape From Tarkov Wiki is the best way to slowly pick stuff up. Learning bullet stats is also key to understanding how to PVP properly, however very early game this isn't a huge deal.

Of course playing with people on TS is also a quick way of getting stuff and learning a lot.

• Like 1

vivakee
On 5/26/2020 at 12:01 PM, padi0094 said:

Learn about insurance! The insurance in Escape is a term used to describe a service rendered by dealers. It can provide you with a chance to get stuff back, that was lost upon death. To have a chance to get your stuff back, you have to pay for services of either Prapor or Therapist as both of them specialize in that matter. Almost every piece of equipment that you carry can be insured for a certain fee but there are some rules that determine whether you will get your stuff back or not. There's of course more to it, but for that and more just see the following guide on EFT insurance five nights at freddy's. Hope it helps. 

Well that's great thanks for the help