Sign in to follow this  
Desert Rat

1440p 144hz 27" Monitor

Desert Rat

Have a bit of a dilemma deciding on a new monitor as per description. It's a minefield out there. got around a £400 budget. Thought i would ask here on people experiences who own one. Think i am looking at an IPS panel as not too fussed about the response time but more interested in colour and contrast for immersiveness. although i do read that IPS panels have backlight bleed isssues and blacks don't look so sood.

maniacalwombat

I have an Asus ROG Swift PG279Q.  It is 27", 144Hz (can OC to 165), 1440p, and gsync.  I paid $800 American about three years ago and I love it.  The difference between this and what I had before was so extreme that it took a few rounds to get used to it because the games seemed to play so much faster.  The price has come down and you can get a non-gsync version for cheaper than that too.  I love this thing and if you have the money to spend, it's worth it.

• Like 2

AChildishKitten
21 hours ago, maniacalwombat said:

I have an Asus ROG Swift PG279Q.  It is 27", 144Hz (can OC to 165), 1440p, and gsync.  I paid $800 American about three years ago and I love it.  The difference between this and what I had before was so extreme that it took a few rounds to get used to it because the games seemed to play so much faster.  The price has come down and you can get a non-gsync version for cheaper than that too.  I love this thing and if you have the money to spend, it's worth it.

Same here. Great monitor and love it.

• Like 1

Kragar
23 hours ago, maniacalwombat said:

I have one too.  I love it

• Like 1

maniacalwombat

Just one more piece I'll throw in here is that I've heard a lot of great things about the Acer Predator line as well.  Just something to look into for variety's sake.

TexLS1

Bringing this back from the dead because I want the Asus ROG Swift but nothing in my area and no one knows when they will have them again. So my only options are:

Acer Predator Z321QU 31.5" QHD 165Hz

Acer Predator XB273K Sbmiprzx 27" 4K UHD 144Hz

Samsung Odyssey C32G7 31.5" WQHD 240Hz 

Samsung is free sync g sync compatible, which is a put off it’s not g sync 100%. New pc in my hands next week and like to have a monitor ready to go.