Sgt_Wrx

ANGRY at BFV?

Sgt_Wrx

So myself and other members have noticed a significant drop off of usual members since the latest BFV update. 

So has anyone considered moving back to BF1? I know myself and @macgregor1964 sometimes play after BFV gets infuriating.  As I've said before I'm more so here for the members and playing as a team over a particular game, so I'm always down for some BF1. Just curious to everyone's thoughts. 

For those who haven't been playing BFV and are still active on the forums, have you just taken a hiatus from gaming or are there other games that you are playing currently? 

macgregor1964

I am here primarily just to game with friends also. Much like the majority of our BF members, i am pretty much done with BFV. At this point any content/maps/updates or weapons wont make any difference. This is not  the BF that was the most popular FPS in the world. To answer your question  with respect to a hiatus. Our BFV active player base has been dropping like a rock for over 6 months. There may be a few taking a break , but at this point most are just done. I say download BF1-BF4 and let's have some fun. All that bought into the micro transactions ( buying characters etc ) i hope that massive hole in your foot heals up . I am also up for trying out new FPS games, definitely not into Hard Core. Laid back games like BF3-BF4 are sustainable, you can play for hours and not burn out. Thx for the post @Sgt_Wrx

Edited by macgregor1964
  • Like 1

murrpheus

I'm on vacation, travelling. I'll be back mid Jan and will always be up for some bf1 on Friday and Saturday nights.

• Like 1

murrpheus

I haven't played bfv in some 4 weeks and all the videos and reviews in this time seem really negative. Sad, this game could have been somuch more.

kk5

We are all practicing for our christmas truce. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Blueberryjam

I just am having trouble justifying playing BFV when I have a huge library of games I have not touched. Currently sloging my way through Farcry 5. STILL have not finished Witcher 3 (but am about halfway through)  and Fallout 4 also sits at about 80%. Once I get through these, I will see the state of BFV.

I don't hate BFV, I put some decent time into it and had fun when playing with clanmates,  but as I have said before, BFV tried to be too many things for too many people and failed at almost every one.

• Like 3

kk5

How would everyone feel about a back to bf1 event? I don't know if its worth justifying renting anything from them for a day but I do have some battlefield 1 related goodies that would make fun prizes if we need some. 

• Like 2

Sgt_Wrx

I'm down for some BF1 anytime I'm on and other people are willing. I've always been more partial to the battlefield series. 

It sucks to see that the game made so many people quit, I've always looked forward to seeing the teamspeak server full of people and BSing with the guys. 

• Like 1

QuickStrike

I think that is a good idea @kk5

typwnagain

I don't know what battlefield did, but at this point im willing to try anything but tarkov. I'm about done with that game pssshhhh

ranchitup
On 12/27/2019 at 3:33 PM, Blueberryjam said:

I just am having trouble justifying playing BFV when I have a huge library of games I have not touched. Currently sloging my way through Farcry 5. STILL have not finished Witcher 3 (but am about halfway through)  and Fallout 4 also sits at about 80%. Once I get through these, I will see the state of BFV.

I don't hate BFV, I put some decent time into it and had fun when playing with clanmates,  but as I have said before, BFV tried to be too many things for too many people and failed at almost every one.

I completely agree with you. I think a lot of folks got fed up with waiting for BFV to deliver on content that should have been available on release. I miss playing with the UWS BFV folks but there are too many other fun games right now that are updated with new content regularly. I haven't hopped on BFV in a few months so I might check out what's been new.

Sgt_Wrx

We also sometimes switch over and play some BF1 from time to time, and I'm also down to buy BF4 as I haven't played that in quite a while. Usually I'll play whatever the group is up for. 

BlackSwan

I was stationed overseas, with a 14-17 hr time difference, it was very difficult to be online at the same time as everyone else. Now I am in Hawaii, still a 2-5 hr time difference but a whole lot better. Once I am settled in with my computer and internet, I'll be back to playing with you guys again.

• Like 2

Zer0Wulf

I’ve been having fun since the Solomon island update, the new weapons are great. Hopefully will get back to normal with the TTK revert next patch. And hopefully Trunkz can get the UWS BF4 sever sorted out soon. I’ve been working mad hours and fucked up my back with sciatic nerve pain, so been trying to find time to play (been sleeping in a chair for the last week). I’ll be on a lot more in TS soon, hopefully.

Edited by Zer0Wulf

SgtSammy

social media can really kill a game these days. I haven't played BFV so i really can't make an opinion.. I do have BF1 though. i had a great time playing it and would play again.