Sign in to follow this  
CA8OOS3

Homelab Server

CA8OOS3

I am currently working on my homelab server and should have it up this week. Just waiting on the final parts to come in. It's an older server but will suite my needs. Expect to see some video coming soon on the setup.

Base Server: IBM x3650 M3

CPUs: Xeon X5650 x2

RAM: 64gb DDR3 (32gb per CPU) I will be maxing it out at its capacity of 288gb 

SSD: 2x128gb Samsung Evo 850s in Raid 1

HHDs: starting of with a 15k 900gb SAS drive but will be changing for 14 x 4TB 2.5in Drives (so 56TB when I'm done)

OS: this is where it gets tricky, I will be using Proxmox as a Hypervisor then having a few VMs running. At least 1 CentOS7 and 1 Server 2016.

Where this build gets interesting is I do not have a server rack and because I am bored I will be water cooling this server since the stock heatsinks are cooled by little server fans...since I want it to be near silent I will be doing this...

Why a server? I have decided to build a server not only for my ever growing media library but honestly with my work I need enterprise hardware to stay on top of things as well as i want to run some servers from my house and make some cool videos in regards to devops in the meantime. If you guys are interested in learning a little bit stay tuned!!

• Like 1

Chopper

Woot Woot @CA8OOS3 hopefully everything turns out great. 

Trunkz Jr

tenor.gif?itemid=4392995

• Like 1