XpRsSn

How to: Find weapon parts the easy way.

XpRsSn

Some of you might already know this and other might not, but there is an easy trick to finding all the weapon parts on the flea market. 

We've all had this in the past. We are looking for a certain muzzle device for our SA58 or M4 but we can't find the right one or you buy one and it fits the RSASS instead of the SA58.

The easy way is to use Linked Search.

m4.png

But the problem with this is that, in this case, you'll have every single mod available for the M4 in front of you. Ofcourse you can still filter it out on the left menu but that's somewhat of a chore. 

Now, if you perform a linked search on the upper reciever you'll get all the mods you can attach to the upper reciever. This narrows the search down quite a bit. 

uppper.png

As you can see down below, searching just the upper reciever will give you the options for barrels and handguards. Also in the funtional mods you'll only find sights. 

2019-08-28[22-21] (0).png

It's just a small trick to make you life a little easier building you're weapons. It works on all the items in game.

Another example. If you have a M-LOK grip but you're unsure of the handguard it fits? Just link search it and it will give you all the handguard it attaches to. 

Also, if you for instance buy a item of the flea market and want mods that go on that item you can directly link seach in the flea market.

Like I mentioned in the beginning, most of you probably know this but I'm putting this out there for all the new guys joining the game.

If I missed anything let me know and I'll make an update. 

• Thanks 1

ranchitup

Invaluable guide for weapon modding! The flea market searches are not very well explained inside the game so I had been alt tabbing between the game and a browser with a modding guide website for the longest time before figuring this out. Hopefully the upcoming hideout will make modding even easier!

• Like 1

AssembleTheSerfs

I'm having trouble unlocking Jaeger to get certain parts. Do I need to level up or complete tasks to unlock him?

Kedzie
3 hours ago, AssembleTheSerfs said:

I'm having trouble unlocking Jaeger to get certain parts. Do I need to level up or complete tasks to unlock him?

In the trader screen, you'll see the level requirements in the upper right.  

image.png.a7e82815fcf67201c9777f1ac9947a1f.png

His quests are rather annoying.  Plus, completing some of other traders' quests will reduce his rep.

It might also behoove you to check out the wiki:  https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Jaeger 

Edited by Kedzie
  • Like 1

XpRsSn
16 hours ago, AssembleTheSerfs said:

Jeager is someone you have to unluck. As found in the wiki, you'll get a task from the Mechanic called "Introduction". Completing this task will unlock him for you. 

• Like 1

AssembleTheSerfs

Thanks Capt. and company! I managed to unlock the Introduction quest just now so that's helpful 🙂

DDevastatedTV

Nice work