Larold

What do you do for a living?

Larold

Now I know some of you are soldiers and I think Goose is a cop if I remember correctly but I haven't heard much other than that.

I install and fix garage doors, it's pretty cool. I get a company truck so I don't need to use my gas to go to and from work, I get "piece pay" where I get paid a certain rate for what I install so the sky is the limit on how much money I can make during the busy season. I really enjoy my job.

So yea, what about you guys?

• Like 1

XpRsSn

I work for Libbey. You might know that company. It's American. But they have factories in Mexico, Portugal, China and the Netherlands. 

I am a Hot End operator. I make stemware glass. 

royal-leerdam-994x650.jpg 

It's an amazing job to do. We are the only factory producing glass in the way we do. We use rotary machines and that makes us the fastest producer of stemware glass, up to 9000 glasses an hour. It's hot. In the summer with tempetures going way over 122 degrees Fahrenheit in the area's with a lot of fire. and the coldest places would be around 95. And in the wintertime your balls are freezing off. The glass is mostly somewhere between 2030 and 2120 degrees Fahrenheit when we shape it. The orange stuff in the photo is around 1950 degrees. 

How we get this temperature? We use 14100 cubic feet of gas every hour per oven. And we have 3. 

• Like 3

SkullCracker

I'm a tater tot farmer. I plant baby potatoes and at the end of the year we harvest tater tots. I'm sure many of you've have had them before. I actually love the little guys and the things you can come up with is endless. My favorite is Mexican tater tot pie, you should try it sometime.

BlackSwan

I'm a U.S Sailor.

• Like 3

XpRsSn
10 minutes ago, BlackSwan said:

I'm a U.S Sailor.

Yeah we know ma'am no need to brag :P

• Like 2

TactiTaco

I'm a US Army Infantryman.. just a grumpy ole E-4.. f3d2540eeb7296abfa66fd995efaa0c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Goose

I'm a deputy sheriff for the county I live in. Been at this for 11 years started as a jailer and promoted my way out. 

• Like 3

OiLSLiCK

I produce and sell hot sauce.

Sent from my mobile device.

• Like 2

VertigoElation

US Navy here as well.  I'm an IT.

• Like 2

ProphetBeal

I'm a SQL DBA officially, but I do all kinds of IT work

• Like 2

GunTotingCiv

Electrician, here!  Well...When I'm working...been 'laid off' now since the end of May.  >_>  Supposed to go back after the 1st of the year.  *crosses fingers*

I wire Waste Water Pump Stations and Waste Water Treatment plants, at the moment.  Well...the company I 'work' for does, anyway.  xD  I did Commercial for a long time, too.  New construction, remodels, Schools, offices, the whole gig.  :)

• Like 3

ItsCripz

i'm a Motorsport Engineer, I currently design and engineer cars for professional teams and race days My Company.

• Like 2

XpRsSn
7 hours ago, Plagueis said:

CEO

BS :D

• Like 1

OiLSLiCK
I produce and sell hot sauce.

069bcf6a7ca6fe1519dc23993c0063cb.jpg

• Like 2

Macca

i work a being a irish asshole haha. I am currently in college studying game design and development so basically i do a lot of programming, network systems, web design and Operating systems for now before i move onto graphical stuff and actual game stuff lol. its fun and hell at the same time.

• Like 1

TactiTaco
12 hours ago, Goose said:

I'm a deputy sheriff for the county I live in. Been at this for 11 years started as a jailer and promoted my way out. 

Thanks for your service!

• Like 1

Goose
Thanks for your service!

Thank you for yours and all our service members I couldn't do what I do if y'all didn't do what you do

OiLSLiCK
CEO

Me too!

TactiTaco

Thank you for yours and all our service members I couldn't do what I do if y'all didn't do what you do

But I wouldn't have a home to go back to if the thin blue line wasn't sacrificing their time/ safety in this fucked up Obama America where he acknowledges thugs at their funeral and ignores police fatalities... I seriously appreciate you man! You've got balls!

• Like 1

Goose

But I wouldn't have a home to go back to if the thin blue line wasn't sacrificing their time/ safety in this fucked up Obama America where he acknowledges thugs at their funeral and ignores police fatalities... I seriously appreciate you man! You've got balls!

My wife asks me all the time why I do what I do and the answer is always the same.

"All it takes for evil to win is for a good man to do nothing"

I try my best to be that good man and help as many as I can.

• Like 1

TripleFrequency

I work in a warehouse driving fork lifts, and I oversee one of our customers. Decent pay for my first job ever.

14 hours ago, Plagueis said:

CEO

Mind sharing more info? I'm very curious about what kind of company/size.

• Like 1

wetredneck

I'm a CNC operator/cabinet designer. I work for mouser custom cabinetry out of elizabethtown, ky. We're a really high end cabinetry company. We're known all over the states. I just recently started to move upstairs to our design side for new products but Ive mostly ran our CNC router. it pretty much puts all grooves, dowels, and cutouts for a cabinet all at once. I love my job. I started in residential construction, but the market isn't strong here so this is the next best thing.

• Like 2

Colt51

Armed Security Officer for a locked psychiatric hospital, or, in other words, I'm one of the inmates running the asylum.

• Like 2

muskie

My faculty issued ID says "Student"