Sign in to follow this  
Donkey

PC suddenly cant handle watching youtube vids or netflix while playing.

Donkey

My pc specs

i5-6500

gtx1070

16gb hyperx

corsair 850x psu

2tb hdd

and

1tb SSD.

I can watch netflix or youtube  while gaming when i was using my 2tb hdd as my main drive but after installing my new 1TB ssd my pc suddenly cant handle watching youtube or netflix while playing. I checked my processes but im not seeing anything other than my game using my cpu or ram. I can however still stream without problems so i dont know what the issue is. Please help me cause i dont know what to do anymore.

ranchitup
Posted (edited)

What exactly is your computer doing when you are attempting to watch streaming content while gaming? What browser are you using? Also, have you (re)installed latest nvidia drivers?

Edited by ranchitup

Donkey

@ranchitup Just running my game and nothing else. Everytime i open a browser it slows down and when i try to play a video it slows down alot but goes back to normal once i pause the video. I've always used firefox. Yes i've reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers and did reformat my pc as my last resort but it still happening. Is this possibly an issue with my GPU? I never had this problem before. The only thing i change when the issue happened is my SSD. Before i can even stream while gaming and playing youtube as my bgm.

ranchitup

Have you tried a different browser?

I had a similar issue when I installed my SSD and it had to do with the Superfetch process -> https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/what-is-superfetch/

Try disabling Superfetch and see if that changes anything.

• Like 1

Donkey

I manage to fix it. Turns out i have a corrupted file when i installed my windows 10. I fixed it by reformatting my pc. Thank for the help.

Mongoose_Chief

Do you have your gaming monitor on 144hz or Gsync or something like that?

Donkey
16 hours ago, Mongoose_Chief said:

Do you have your gaming monitor on 144hz or Gsync or something like that?

Yes its on 144hz but its not Gsync. The problem was with my windows 10 installation i didnt thought that there would be a problem with it cause it was a fresh install but it turns out that there was a corrupted file/s in it. I fixed it by reinstalling my windows 10.

ranchitup
On 8/16/2019 at 6:31 AM, Donkey said:

I manage to fix it. Turns out i have a corrupted file when i installed my windows 10. I fixed it by reformatting my pc. Thank for the help.

Glad you figured it out! That's like finding a needle in a haystack...damn windows!!!!!!

Donkey
53 minutes ago, ranchitup said:

Glad you figured it out! That's like finding a needle in a haystack...damn windows!!!!!!

Yeah when the issue started i immediately ruled out windows 10 because it was a fresh install i thought that if it was an issue with the installation it wouldnt boot the system but it did and i was able to use it for 2 weeks until i finally search for the fix. It was really hard to find one and i was considering on buying new parts because i thought maybe my CPU is failing.Good thing a found a forum somewhere that tells me how to find corrupted files in windows 10 by typing some commands in command prompt. lo and behold there's a bunch of corrupted files in my windows 10 installation.