Wraith

Corsair Void Pro Mic not working

Wraith

Yesterday my mic was working PERFECTLY. No problems at all. It was working earlier today also. However, just 20 minutes ago, it randomly stopped working and I don't know WHY and I can't find a solution. This headset is less than 2 months old. I am using windows 10. I restarted my computer and it worked temporarily for only 5 minutes. Then it stopped working again. 

I went to the settings and ran troubleshooting. Windows said it fixed whatever problem there was but it didn't. Now windows won't detect anything. It thinks the microphone is working perfectly fine. 

I went to mic properties and changed it every quality (DVD, CD, Telephone, etc) and nothing worked. 

I unplugged the headset and plugged it back in. Still nothing. 

PLEASE HELP))): 

Wraith

And yes.....the microphone is on

Trunkz Jr

Have you tried it on another computer or laptop just to make sure it’s working fine?

Wraith
25 minutes ago, Trunkz Jr said:

Have you tried it on another computer or laptop just to make sure it’s working fine?

I just tested it on my sister's computer. Not working on that computer either. Audio is still fine. 

xEvinous

Is it not working in general or just Teamspeak?

Bissin

Have you recently added in any new hardware, or did windows install or update any drivers around the time your microphone stopped working?

Also, have you reinstalled your drivers for this headset?

Wraith
15 minutes ago, xEvinous said:

Is it not working in general or just Teamspeak?

It's not working in general. I tried discord too. I also tried it on the system test settings 

Wraith
10 minutes ago, Bissin said:

Have you recently added in any new hardware, or did windows install or update any drivers around the time your microphone stopped working?

Also, have you reinstalled your drivers for this headset?

I don't think any updates were made. I haven't tried reinstalling drivers. How do I do that? 

Wraith

The microphone is responding now but it did the same thing earlier. It is randomly working and not working . EDIT: Mic stopped responding. Reinstalled the driver. Mic still not responding

Edited by Wraith

QuickStrike

It seems like a hardware issue with the microphone itself. Since it is less than two months old, it is probably still under warranty.

xEvinous

If it's not working on any computer it's almost certainly the microphone. If you haven't already, uninstall the drivers and any Corsair software if it has it and then reinstall

Cherry

sound settings in windows are elusive at best...gotta tweek..I had same issue and had to slap around my settings/drivers etc until it took.

Wraith

@xEvinous I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled everything just now.  The computer required a restart to finish the uninstallation. Once restarted, my microphone worked on the Discord test settings for 2 minutes and then went out again. 

Trunkz Jr

I’m starting to think it’s hardware too if it’s acting the same on a different computer I’ve had problems like this in the past if I ran over my cord once (or too many times) the mic would start to go out but sound is fine. Even the headset I use now the mic is dead from that very problem but I use the headset still and i just use a blue yeti now as my mic. 

• Like 1

Wraith

I just checked the warranty guide on the headset and rules for warranty say that a return is only applicable within the first 30 days after purchase. So I can't get my money back on this thing): I'll just get another mic. The audio on the headset works just fine. 

Edited by Wraith

Stoutlagger

Most likely it's hardware related, and probably covered under Corsair's warranty. If I'm not mistaken, @KZ0Pony had a similar issue with his Corsair headset and ended up returning it after a couple days. The other one he got did the same thing too. I don't think their QA department is worth a damn except when it comes to power supplies and possibly keyboards/mice.

Cherry

Blue Yeti Mic...got one....recommend if its in your wheelhouse

Wraith
1 hour ago, Stoutlagger said:

Most likely it's hardware related, and probably covered under Corsair's warranty. If I'm not mistaken, @KZ0Pony had a similar issue with his Corsair headset and ended up returning it after a couple days. The other one he got did the same thing too. I don't think their QA department is worth a damn except when it comes to power supplies and possibly keyboards/mice.

Yeah I checked their articles for help. The articles usually have less than 20% saying it was helpful

Wraith
1 hour ago, Cherry said:

Blue Yeti Mic...got one....recommend if its in your wheelhouse

I'm going to have to be silent on TS for a few months. I'll be in channel but won't be talking because I don't have the money to buy another mic.  Spending all my money getting prepared for college fall semester. 

Trunkz Jr

Could always use TeamSpeak on your phone and use that as mic ☝️

• Like 1

Stoutlagger
4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Yeah I checked their articles for help. The articles usually have less than 20% saying it was helpful

How about contacting their customer support directly and making a warranty claim? 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 888-222-4346

Edited by Stoutlagger
Added the Customer Support phone number

Wraith
1 hour ago, Stoutlagger said:

How about contacting their customer support directly and making a warranty claim? 

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 888-222-4346

I contacted them directly asking if they could solve the problem first. If they can't, then I'll ask for warranty 

Wraith

Okay so I was talking to my father about my broken microphone on my headset and he gave me an idea. I still have my OLD headset. The exact same one. I only stopped using it because of a frayed cord that something had been chewing or pulling on. My dad asked if I could take the microphone from the old one and put it on the new one. Does this seem possible? Or is that not how headsets work? 

Wraith

Good news guys! I contacted corsair and they have agreed to send me a replacement for my headset! I am so thankful that I don't have to spend another $100(: