Sign in to follow this  
macgregor1964

BF TS Casual Channel

macgregor1964
Posted (edited)

Just a friendly reminder that for most of us , we are not try hards,  and only play BF to let off steam and mess around. Which is exactly why we created the TS " Casual Channel". We dont care about KD or impressing anybody.Some of us have forgotten that this " casual channel" is not just for them. I have heard from 3 new members and some long term members that are not comfortable sqaudding up or even jumping into TS because it becomes too critical . (simply put they think they are not good enough to play with us,or are passive aggressively told they are letting the squad down??) This is counter productive and unacceptable.There are channels available for those that want to play in a serious non casual manner. Try not to be an ass and criticise anybodies game play. No-one wants to hear what you think and we cant afford to alienate/deter players , especially considering BFV is already difficult  to retain active players or recruit.  We have lost enough players to Apex,Division etc or members that have just quit playing.  This post only applies to a very few that consistently seem to forget the header of " CASUAL" and have unfortunately already cost us active players... I personally don't want to lose anymore BF players and understand the efforts that go into recruiting and retaining a healthy active player base.  BFV has become kind of a grind for most of us,so it wouldn't hurt to lighten up and be a little more welcoming and inclusive, especially to new members. Most of all if you want to give someone a hard time/criticise  for not playing the way you think they should pls refrain or move to a serious channel.Thanks.

Edited by macgregor1964
  • Like 1

Blueberryjam

Well I know that I am some of the problem. I know I get frustrated when I am in a squad that doesn't fit my play style and will vocalize it. Kind of a catch 22 when you also get called out for swapping squads that do fit your style. But since it sounds like we have lost some recruits, I will be less vocal in the future.

• Like 1

TexLS1

Possible that some have just gotten frustrated with the game and checked out. I played last night for the first time in weeks, maybe a month.

• Like 1

macgregor1964

@Blueberryjam Thanks for the honest response Blue. Conversely,no one on either side of this equation should have their playing style dictated to them. By all means swap squads , do what ever the hell you want , if it makes it a more enjoyable experience for ya. I am pretty sure we are all here to have fun gaming in a group , and would like to play in whatever way that makes it fun , in an already frustrating game.

Brien

I am old school so I speak my mind and talk shit

ranchitup

To be fair, the channel appears to have been renamed to just "BFV" - so maybe the channel will reflect the context of the majority; ie everyone on comms is doing call outs/organizing VS everyone is goofin off and conversing.

macgregor1964
Posted (edited)
On 8/21/2019 at 7:25 PM, Brien said:

speak my mind and talk shit

On that we agree.lol

15 hours ago, ranchitup said:

To be fair, the channel appears to have been renamed to just "BFV" - so maybe the channel will reflect the context of the majority; ie everyone on comms is doing call outs/organizing VS everyone is goofin off and conversing.

With all due respect ranch i have seen you in BFV only a couple of times over the last few months. So i am not sure you understand what the post was specifically referring to. At the time the context was "casual" channel play and conflicts with members trying to either dictate or challenge other members way of playing the game. You are correct the TS BFV casual channel is now gone , so does that mean we have become a comp style infantry only try hard BFV group ? The amount of casual players is more than you might think.  We all bought this game to enjoy the way we individually choose to play at any given time, not the way others think i or anyone else should play. If anyone thinks they have the right to tell me how to play, then i suggest they refund me the full amount i paid for it, and then we can talk.  The members that want to play hard core infantry only , have every right to that as well. I am simply saying there has to be room for both playing styles without impugning/dictating to either side. Or we lose more players ( new members and long term ) on top of what we have already lost. I am sure it will work itself out. The game has become a total grind fest with no content for way too f-ing long .

Edited by macgregor1964
  • Like 1

SecretSquirrel43

The removal of "Casual" was simply so that it wasn't a designated "gotta play casual here" space or whatever. Regardless of how we plan it or try to implement it, at the end of the day everyone just piles into the first channel, which was the casual channel. In all non-designated channels people should be able to come in and play how they want and not feel judged or be berated for it. 

At the same time, those seeking alternative play are more than welcome to create a channel at any time. Whether there is just too many people and you are finding it hard to concentrate, or you want to see if anyone else wants to PTFO and tryhard a bit more, you can always create a new channel from the drop channels. Maybe just put out there - "Hey if anyone wants to play more PTFO - come join my channel down below". That's all it takes, its nothing judgmental or condescending. 

• Like 6