SecretSquirrel43

Update 4.2 Notes

SecretSquirrel43

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/ch9gek/battlefield_v_update_42/

What’s New?

We have reduced the recoil, and increased the muzzle velocity for the P08 Carbine in a bid to improve its effectiveness

Kills in Firestorm are now awarded if the enemy player disconnects during the downed state

What’s Changed?

Fixes targeted at removing extreme instances of Invisible Soldiers

Specializations are now able to be reset on the P08 Carbine

The game will no longer stutter when killing enemies with tanks

Removed an unintended suppression effect that was applying to infantry soldiers when a tank fires it’s main cannon

The screen will no longer turn black when firing stationary cannons

The Arras sights on the Lewis gun now displays correctly when using extended mags

Rate Of Fire for the MKVI Revolver has also been reduced to 180RPM, from 200RPM

The correct crosshair now shows for the Mosquito FB MKVI on all load-outs

The Company will now display the correct amount of bombs for the JU-88

Players trying to spawn into airplanes should no longer get stuck on the deploy screen

So this update is pretty pathetic for how long it took. Like 10 changes lmao. P08 buff. Nerfing the only good sidearm. They didn't even say they fixed the invisible soldiers, just "extreme instances".

This is abysmal. Suicide is preferable.

Al-Sundan - STILL NOT COMING 

Marita - Next week apparently

"Our next major update (4.4) is currently scheduled to release at the end of August"

What’s being worked on for Update 4.4?

• Additional fixes are also targeted to improve performance and stability across all platforms
  • New Maps: Lofoten Islands and Provence
  • Increase in Max Rank to 500
  • Updates to Fortress Mode
  • New Weapons - In preparation for subsequent Tides of War Rewards (Panzerbüchse 39, Breda M1935, C96 Pistol Carbine)
  • Fixes for desynced top-gunner hitbox on certain Vehicles
  • Fixes for desynced soldier hitbox known to occur when reviving or vaulting
  • Sad 1

murrpheus

LIES !! ALL LIES!!

MORE MAPS!! LESS BUGS!!

• Haha 1

kk5

It's awefully short for the current state of the game. 

murrpheus

imagine a game with BF1's stability visibility content and bfv's gunplay .... sniff sniff... i can only dream

• Like 1

SecretSquirrel43
45 minutes ago, kk5 said:

It's awefully short for the current state of the game. 

For it being a full month between patches this small little turd of a patch is a disgrace. 10 FIXES. IN A MONTH. How many employees are there at DICE working on this game? 1? 2? and 5 other artists that make boin shit? 1 bug fix per 3 days and no real meaningful content (2 weapon adjustments is not content and is a simple replace value) is just S A D

murrpheus

HEY!! STOP Complaining!!! 

YOU CAN NOW GET ELITES IN A BUNDLE AND SAVE ON BOINS!!!

• Haha 1

chileanjew

murrpheus
Posted (edited)

apparently there are now invisible vehicles too after todays patch

expectations.png

Edited by murrpheus
  • Thanks 2

SecretSquirrel43

Played the patch for 3 hours or so. No invis vehicles for me. That post on reddit is an old video trying to farm karma apparently according to the comments.

Grav1ty

I've encountered 2 wierd bugs since the update

1)I was getting Enemy hit 4+ even when I did nothing, more than thrice in one round.

2)While driving a vehicle,the vehicle would immediately just go away and the people in it just start walking, happened to me twice in Hamada.

DICE just fixed 1 bug by introducing 2 new,this is BFV for you.

SecretSquirrel43
54 minutes ago, Grav1ty said:

I've encountered 2 wierd bugs since the update

1)I was getting Enemy hit 4+ even when I did nothing, more than thrice in one round.

2)While driving a vehicle,the vehicle would immediately just go away and the people in it just start walking, happened to me twice in Hamada.

DICE just fixed 1 bug by introducing 2 new,this is BFV for you.

1. is weird, never seen it before. 2 is a known bug thats happened to me several times in the past.

thats from nov 23'rd lmao

• Haha 2

Zer0Wulf

Lol I miss playing with @4F73RM47H

• Like 3

murrpheus
1 hour ago, Zer0Wulf said:

Weekends  during BF1's second year (post french DLC) had more people in Teamspeak than now, less than a year into BFV.  

SAD.

MORE MAPS!! LESS BUGS!!

4F73RM47H
6 hours ago, Zer0Wulf said:

Same here, where the hell is that guy!? 

I might actually hop on again tonight if I get time 😉 

• Like 1

murrpheus
59 minutes ago, 4F73RM47H said:

Same here, where the hell is that guy!? 

I might actually hop on again tonight if I get time 😉 

My money's on a new girlfriend...

• Turned On 1

Sgt_Wrx

I haven't been noticing as many bugs lately. Occasionally I'll get an invisible soldier or my shots don't seem to register but it doesn't seem as bad as before. 

SecretSquirrel43
10 minutes ago, Sgt_Wrx said:

I haven't been noticing as many bugs lately. Occasionally I'll get an invisible soldier or my shots don't seem to register but it doesn't seem as bad as before. 

So far its definitely been better for me.

Mat0
Posted (edited)

[Obligatory bitching at the game]

Its just been the main vacation period in Sweden. Also the audio in your clips is messed up Squirrel. 

Atleast invisible dudes seems to be a thing of the past. However, disapearing vehicles is the new bug 😄

Edited by Mat0

SecretSquirrel43
7 hours ago, Mat0 said:

Also the audio in your clips is messed up Squirre

Yah those were in november and I sorta set it up wrong. Should be fixed on all my recent videos.

macgregor1964

image.png.3330c56f51412bd7f8738d3fbe7d0131.png

• Haha 2

kk5

I notice they added adaptive map specific camo for vehicles that spawn in like the halftracks, bren carriers, and towable weapons. 

SecretSquirrel43

4.2.1 is now out, with Marita being released and new elites added.

Known Issue - Through testing on Marita, we've discovered a minor issue whilst certain Weapon Skins are equipped in the Receiver slot.  Under certain circumstances, an overly bright reflection from the Sun can cause an unintentional Glare effect that's present with Aiming Down Sight. This is most prominent when a reflective skin is applied (e.g. Gold Plated, White Tiger, Blued etc.), and can be lessened by switching to a different skin in your Receiver slot.

Examples of the most extreme instances of this are shown below (under both of the maps weather conditions).

pzc9f3pex8d31.png

g72ahmxhx8d31.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Zer0Wulf

FA5E2042-BBF9-43DC-9473-34EDF7DFC9E1.jpeg

• Haha 3

macgregor1964

Just played 5 min in Marita and left.. Meh,  Similair to Mercury. Side of mountainous terrain and one dimensional.Will give it more time . Its new i guess..LOL I refer you to my previous post...yuck yuck  oink oink

murrpheus
10 hours ago, SecretSquirrel43 said:

4.2.1 is now out, with Marita being released and new elites added.

Known Issue - Through testing on Marita, we've discovered a minor issue whilst certain Weapon Skins are equipped in the Receiver slot.  Under certain circumstances, an overly bright reflection from the Sun can cause an unintentional Glare effect that's present with Aiming Down Sight. This is most prominent when a reflective skin is applied (e.g. Gold Plated, White Tiger, Blued etc.), and can be lessened by switching to a different skin in your Receiver slot.

It seems like visibility issues have really plagued this game. Not sure if pushing for ray tracing too soon has caused all this. It started with in general poor visibility (which still has not been fixed), followed by invisible soldiers and now this. While functional bugs , (like ammo crates going through the floor) and kinda understandable, i just dont get these visual ones.