Sign in to follow this  
Sgt_Wrx

New Nvidia Super GPU's

Sgt_Wrx

Been doing a lot of research as of late on these new cards that Nvidia just released. Currently running a 1070 ti in my rig and I've been looking to do a complete overhaul and basically build a mostly new computer. What's everyone's thoughts on these new Super cards? For me they seem like a decent alternative to spending over a grand on a 2080 ti. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/

Cherry

got a 2060 not too long ago..although not a super GPU, I think both Nvidia and etc are kicking it up..I mean hell, what's next ? right?

Grav1ty
Posted (edited)

Compare the cost to performance ratios of the 2060 super and the 2070 or the 2070 super and the 2080 and then decide.I still play on the gtx 970 and all my games still run gr8 on it,so I would suggest you to hold on to your graphic card for a while and wait for the next rtx series to show up.😀

Edited by Grav1ty

Grav1ty
0xygenthief

It really depends on what resoultion you currently run while gaming...

If you are running 1080p then there is no need/reason to upgrade.  Ray Tracing is a gimmick right now so in terms of raw FPS performance the 1070ti will be more than enough for 1080p gaming, even for high refresh rate monitors.

If you are wanting to game on 1440p  (2K) then an upgrade may be in order. 

Sgt_Wrx

Yea after tweaking some settings I'm getting around 80-100 FPS playing on 1080 non overclocked. I might update my case and outside components as I'm also in the process of lifting my truck. Always stuck between modding my truck and my pc lol

Cherry

@Sgt_Wrx   80-100 FPS playing on 1080 non overclocked. is pretty good

Sgt_Wrx

Yea I think I'll wait a bit. put more money into my truck and build out a new case for my pc.. Check the prices of GPU's and CPU's and possibly start upgrading my rig around black friday time frame. 

Game plays fine for the time being, I just hate knowing theres better parts out there and not having them lol 1st world problems.. 

Wraith

I'm using a gtx 960. Works pretty well and has been able to handle everything sent at it. I could probably use a better processor....