Tashpeters

Ban Dispute

Tashpeters

I am disputing the ban of OneGun or at least request details on why. I hear he was in the disclaimer channel when it happened so that seems completely unfair. 

wetredneck

@Tashpeters We cant give you specifics since your not the member in question. If Onegun wants to know why he was banned he can come talk to us. Whether that means openly here in the ban dispute section or in private via a PM to any CA or leader. We will not give out specific info to anyone that isn't the banned individual. we have no idea if they want their dirty laundry aired out for everyone and their mother or not. He's more than welcome to drop a reply here or create a new topic if he wants it out in the public. 

As for what we can tell you is he broke a few of our community rules related to members on multiple occasions in the past few weeks.  We'll tell you the rules but not what happened. that's for the member to decide if they want released publicly.

Server Rules 
1- Show respect to everyone, and treat others as you would like to be treated.
2- No sexually explicit, racist, discriminatory or otherwise insulting remarks.
3- Do not come into a channel and be disruptive.
4- Advertising products, sites, clans and services not related to UWS
5- No offensive (sexual or racist) names

Rules 2, 3, & 5 were the rules broken repeatedly. for more information drop by here and request it @OneGun or PM me and we can go over it. 

• Thanks 2

Tashpeters

So we only discriminate against peoole with mental health issues then? Okay, got it. FYI that is 1 in 4 people. 

wetredneck

we have not discriminated against anyone. mental health had nothing to do with the ban itself.

• Thanks 1

XpRsSn

We ban people on their behavior and their continuing behavior after several warnings. Never have we discriminated anyone on anything, this is also more or less a pillar on which this community stands. You should know better than blatantly saying we discriminate on mental health or anything else for that matter.

Tashpeters

That is all assuming that a person operates at a capacity to control themselves. You can ask a blind man to see...but it is not fair to do so? You can ask a quadreplegic to build a house...but can he? There is a lack of understanding of mental health in the community, and more notably, the country. 

wetredneck

@Tashpeters again as i said before. if @OneGunfeels he is being discriminated against he can message me if he wants an explanation in private or post here and we can lay everything out for him in public. ive said it once ill say it again, he wasnt discriminated against for mental health. the ban had nothing to do with mental health. he made personal decisions that cost him the privilege to use our services. those decisions were not mental health issues.

Tashpeters

How can you say that? How can you even know? What is impulsivity? Poor boundaries? Intrusive behavior? Lack of judgement? Lack if insight? Anger issues, depression, anxiety, inability to pick up on social cues, inability to control ones emotions, inability to control oneself all together...these are all mental health issues that create and cause the types of behaviors that got @OneGun banned. 

wetredneck

@Tashpeters the reason i can know why his ban was put in place is because im an admin and reviewed the ban once this topic was submitted. if i hadnt already looked into it and followed up on the issue i wouldnt be in a place to be replying to this. being that i have done those things i can, within reason, say i do know why he was banned. plain and simply put, we are not going to discuss @OneGun's ban dispute with you because your not onegun. your not privileged to any information that involves him unless he  deems otherwise. he is entitled to privacy and discretion of any issue just like any and all members that take part in this community. none of the things you just said were the reasons for the ban. me, nor any other staff member here, will be going into anymore details without the member in question's request. this discussion is ended. refer him to me for private info about the ban or he is more than welcome to post here and we can discuss it in public. that decision is up to the member in question and no one else.

• Like 1