rifledude

3.6 PTU is launched. New launcher too. 1st wave testers only.

rifledude

First thing is first, CIG put out a new launcher that does both LIVE and PTU builds. You'll be able to access the PTU builds if your account is copied over to the PTU database.

You can get it here:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/rsi-launcher-1-2-0-testing-notes-1/2227111

With this new launcher you no longer rename StarCitizen to StarCitizenPTU in the root RSI folder. If you do this, it will re-download the entire ~50GB game.

Instead, now you rename the LIVE folder located in the StarCitizen folder to PTU. Should look like this:     Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU

Spent some time in the PTU tonight. Sounds got some love this patch, they work way better. Hover mode is wonky as hell. When your ship enters hover mode, it likes to stay in it and it pretends it's a helicopter from GTA V. Manual thrust via decoupled mode just flat out doesn't work once your ship enters hover mode.

PTU seemed pretty stable and lag free really. Got jumped by some Gladii while trying to get to Daymar and the fighting felt good; even though I ended up with two counts of misdemeanor property damage (the Gladii ran off). I did softlock myself trying to get up the ladder in my Valkyrie though... so that was not pleasant. Valkyrie now has 2800 cargo 📦📦📦 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

muskie

Awesome! Will have to try it out soon. 👌

CA8OOS3

Current state for me is completely unplayable...i get maybe 3 frames per second...i need a better laptop i guess

or maybe time to install Shadow just for Star Citizen

Book
6 hours ago, CA8OOS3 said:

Current state for me is completely unplayable...i get maybe 3 frames per second...i need a better laptop i guess

or maybe time to install Shadow just for Star Citizen

Only some of the top tier laptops are going to be able to touch SC.

Average FPS for proper laptops seems to be around 50-70 frames at the moment (aka desktop replacements, some of the razor or ROG series), with anything older (including desktops running anything less than a 970) to run around 30fps at 1980x1080

CA8OOS3

On 3.5.1 I get close to 60 fps ...3.6 I get like 3 to 5