ItsCripz

Impressions on the new gamemode?

ItsCripz

So i've completed the new tides of war assignments and have to say I think the new gamemode outpost is just horrible. Is it me or do the players not know how to defend a point? Its basically uncontrolled chaos, with constant bombing and sector artillery. Players just seem to run from point to point, losing the ones they have taken.

What do you guys think?

murrpheus

uncontrolled chaos... lol.  if there were fewer towers i feel people would defend.

kk5

Just two maps is kind of meh. With no spawns at the points it seems to turn into just blobs going from point to point with little actual defending and attacking. I would be curious to see how it played in a more linear way or if spawning on point would make things better.  Only thing I like is that you can destroy objective towers by planting bombs or using explosives. Call ins and bombers are over powered since everyone who plays infantry blobs around the towers. It is also nice to have more things for support players to build but they don't really come into play much with how quickly  points change hands. 

Just doesn't play well or feel finished enough. 

Shambles

Myself and my buddies from school are seriously loving it, but mostly because we have figured out how to make life a living hell for the other team. The tank destroyers can knock down towers in 2 hits, and are rather mobile, meaning it is simple to both keep them alive and completely deny the enemy team any chance at keeping towers up.

However, I actually have been enjoying it more than conquest while just playing normally, I find that the slightly lower number of objectives seems to organize things a bit more than conquest, and the building aspect is just new and unique. Perhaps its just the many, many rounds of conquest I have played in the past that make this feel like something just different enough to enjoy it a bit as it is "fresh". 

SecretSquirrel43

The only thing I really wish for is more spawn points. Sometimes when your squad wipes its pretty frustrating. 

• Like 1

Brien

i would rather play war pigeons 

• Haha 4

murrpheus
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Brien said:

i would rather play war pigeons 

Comment of the year!!

War pigeons, for the uninitiated, was a game mode in BF1 that just never... took off. (snigger, snigger)

Edited by murrpheus
  • Haha 1

Shambles

The worst in that was when your damn pigeon would meet hot lead after it took off.

seriden

not bad, im liking them more as i play them