Sign in to follow this  
Donkey

Fans are on full blast every start up.

Donkey

Its been going on for a year and i couldnt find any fix for it. I uploaded a video so you can hear how loud it is. The fans goes back to normal after a few minutes. It only happens every time i start it.

xEvinous

Most motherboards do this. When the computer starts, until it gets a temperature reading it will max to 100% then adjust itself after a few seconds. It does sound like one of your fans is wobbling or hitting something though, unless it's just how the audio captured

Donkey

@xEvinousIs that normal? Because it wasnt like this when it was new. Yes it does sound like one of its fans is hitting something but I already checked multiple times and even reinstalled every fans in the case so im 100% sure that all of the fans aren't hitting something. It really bothers  me how it sounds every time i start it.

xEvinous
2 hours ago, Donkey said:

@xEvinousIs that normal? Because it wasnt like this when it was new. Yes it does sound like one of its fans is hitting something but I already checked multiple times and even reinstalled every fans in the case so im 100% sure that all of the fans aren't hitting something. It really bothers  me how it sounds every time i start it.

How old are they? Maybe one of the bearings on the fans are going? You could also check your BIOS to see if there are any settings that could disable it from doing that, if not, the only way to really stop it is to buy a fan controller which will override whatever the mobo is doing

Donkey

@xEvinous I manage to isolate where the sound is coming from. Its actually coming from the GPU fans. my gpu is msi gtx1070 twinfroze. They only spin on start up then stop because it only spin on certain temp but i tried benchmarking it  to see if it makes the same noise when the fans are spinning but they spin just fine without any noise. So im more confused now.

0xygenthief

It is possible that the fans from your psu are bearing or brushing style fans.  These types of fans make noise when the fans are cold but quiet down when they warm up.  It shouldn't happen to a newer fan but quality control can be a bitch sometimes.

If the fan is under warranty contact the manufacturer for further troubleshooting advice and seek an RMA if possible.

xEvinous
On 6/12/2019 at 3:21 AM, Donkey said:

@xEvinous I manage to isolate where the sound is coming from. Its actually coming from the GPU fans. my gpu is msi gtx1070 twinfroze. They only spin on start up then stop because it only spin on certain temp but i tried benchmarking it  to see if it makes the same noise when the fans are spinning but they spin just fine without any noise. So im more confused now.

I have a GTX 1060, and when i'm overclocking and running my fans at 100%, it's very similar to what I'm hearing from your video. Have you tried setting your GPU fans to 100% in Afterburner to see if it makes the same noise?

Donkey

@0xygenthief I havent ruled out my PSU yet but its fairly new its corsair RM850i. If it happens to be my  PSU should i be worried? i have no idea how to claim the warranty, I'm not in the habit of keeping my receipt so i dont even know if i can still claim warranty.

@xEvinous I tried setting it to 100% but it didnt make any noise so its probably not the gpu now. I'll look into my psu but im still trying to figure out how cause my case (nzxt s340) hides the PSU.