Sign in to follow this  
Col-Squirrel

From Rank 50 to Rank 500 (Here come more ranks!)

Col-Squirrel

From:  https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/bv7uq7/community_broadcast_introducing_promotions/

6qgrss7osj131.jpg

Afternoon folks -

One of the standout pieces of feedback that we’ve received over the past six months has been that you want the ability to keep leveling your Career Rank beyond 50. So during the later part of Chapter 4: Defying the Odds, we’re upping the cap to let you progress all the way to Career Rank 500.

Note: This post is numbers heavy! Don’t be shy to ask questions in the comments and I’ll do my best to answer. We're in active development of the feature now and so take the below as a first look at the work that we've done so far.

PROMOTED

For every 50 ranks that you gain, you’ll earn a Promotion, signifying your progress on the road to 500. During Ranks gained from 51 through to 100, you’ll receive Company Coin, and this will repeat between each Promotion.

5mbk938ftj131.png

Note - Mockup Image with placeholder information

At level 100 you’ll be Promoted for the first time, a new Dog Tag will be delivered to your Company, plus you’ll now have a shiny new Career Rank Icon for your in game scoreboard.

You’ll receive further Promotions at Rank 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400, 450, and finally 500.

500 RANKS

I’ll list out our current thinking in terms of exact XP required to level up at the bottom of the thread, but to set the scene, the distance from Rank 50 to 51 (and the ranks that follow) won’t be on the same trajectory that got you from 49 to 50.

Currently, in order for you to get from 49 to 50, you need 35,000 XP, but getting from 50 to 51 will only require 12,000 XP. This is 3x higher than when you went from Rank 0 to 1, and you’ll see a similar trend as you continue on through to your first promotion at Rank 100.

7i7ttk4vtj131.jpg

Rank XP Curve - Showing the gain from Rank 1 to Rank 500

Each time you get promoted, the XP Curve is reset, but made stronger, with much bigger jumps in the curve coming for the final Promotions.

2dej4clptj131.jpg

Rank Icon - Concept Art

AWARDS

By the time you reach Rank 500, you’ll have earned close to 2 million in Company Coin, just from ranking up by playing the game. Once you reach level 500, you’ll continue to earn Company Coin through Assignments, Daily Orders, and Tides of War Rewards. To help balance out the addition of Company Coin earned per rank, you will find that End of Round Company Coin awards will be switched off once the new ranks are added to the game during Chapter 4.

You’ll get 1500 Company Coin per Rank from 50 through till 70, and then 3000 Company Coin per Rank until you reach 100. On your Promotion, you’ll receive more Company Coin, the Dog Tag, scoreboard icon, and then the cycle resets, with increases to the amount of Company Coin you receive.

ks0otch4uj131.jpg

Example Rank Icons - As displayed on Scoreboard

And that’s the news, this will be live during the later half of Chapter 4. I’ll see if I can come back with an update on our progress at the end of June, hopefully including a more defined release date. Please do let us know what you think here on the official Battlefield Forums, Battlefield V subreddit, Twitter, Facebook, Discord.

See you at EA Play?

Freeman

Link to Career Ranks Breakdown on Google Sheets

chileanjew
4 hours ago, Col-Squirrel said:

I’ll see if I can come back with an update on our progress at the end of June

See ya in 6-12 months BFV.  Literally have never held out this long for a game until now.  Never again.

Trunkz Jr

Still waiting on servers so we can finally host our BF events on them.

SecretSquirrel43

Still like 6 months of grind lost. I bet several of us would be hella high ranked but its all lost since this simple concept wasn't in the game at launch.

At least we will get it. in like 2 months lol.

4F73RM47H

We can't make maps so we'll just up the level cap 450 more levels LOL. Maybe when people start hitting 500 we'll get more content.

Seems really weird that it took them this long to up the level cap. I'll be looking forward to custom servers but not much excites me about their current roadmap. 

• Like 1

Col-Squirrel
38 minutes ago, 4F73RM47H said:

We can't make maps so we'll just up the level cap 450 more levels LOL. Maybe when people start hitting 500 we'll get more content.

Seems really weird that it took them this long to up the level cap. I'll be looking forward to custom servers but not much excites me about their current roadmap. 

So nevermind the Marita map coming next month, 5v5 mode in July, an urban map in either July or August, and the Pacific theater in Sept/Oct? Along with a ton of more guns and stuff?

Also PartWelsh explained in a comment why it took so long:

I don't know the technical aspects of it, but I would volunteer that it's not as simple as just writing new ranks in to bolt them on the end of what we have. We originally built a system that went to 50, with a belief that folks would be happy with the additional leveling offered via Tides of War

4F73RM47H
5 minutes ago, Col-Squirrel said:

So nevermind the Marita map coming next month, 5v5 mode in July, an urban map in either July or August, and the Pacific theater in Sept/Oct? Along with a ton of more guns and stuff?

Also PartWelsh explained in a comment why it took so long:

Is this battlefield or COD? I enjoy battlefield for 32v32 conquest. Always have. Any time they've done smaller games modes they've died because of people play battlefield for conquest. It won't be July and you can quote me on that. It'll be the end of August so that's 3 months away. Pacific theater will be the end of October so pretty much a year after release. Gun doesn't really keep me interested as it's trickle feed and I'm still playing the same maps I've played on for 18 days... (yes, 18 days) 

11 minutes ago, Col-Squirrel said:

I don't know the technical aspects of it, but I would volunteer that it's not as simple as just writing new ranks in to bolt them on the end of what we have. We originally built a system that went to 50, with a belief that folks would be happy with the additional leveling offered via Tides of War

So the rank that doesn't show up anywhere for anyone to see? Personally, If I put a lot of hours in a game I would like to have that shown. But the tides of war ranks only allow me to see my rank (although I guess there is some "cosmetics" that are associated with those levels). Also, I hit rank 50 in 2 days. Guess that was just poor planning on their levels. I find it hard to believe that BF1 BF4 BF3 had a good incentive to keep playing as it took much longer to hit max rank and this game just doesn't keep me coming back. It was one of my goals in BF1 to hit max rank and it took a hell of a long time to do. It gave me a good sense of pride and accomplishment hitting max rank in those games (see what I did there) 

To each their own but this isn't something I'm interested in. I've played my monies worth for the game already but have no interest in playing anymore. BF1, on the other hand, kept me coming back no matter how much I played it. Can't explain why it was just fun for me. 

I'm not sure why you get so defensive for DICE or this game. I'm simply putting in my opinion. I feel I've earned that right as someone who has 18 days in game. BF1 had a larger player base in this community and interest in the game kept going until this game came out. It's really hard to bring in new members for BFV, just not a lot of interest.

Anyway, thanks for posting this nevertheless as it is informative! And sorry for the salty rant. 

• Like 1

Col-Squirrel
17 minutes ago, 4F73RM47H said:

I'm not sure why you get so defensive for DICE or this game. I'm simply putting in my opinion. I feel I've earned that right as someone who has 18 days in game. BF1 had a larger player base in this community and interest in the game kept going until this game came out. It's really hard to bring in new members for BFV, just not a lot of interest.

You have, and I'm sorry if I made you feel that you hadn't.  I'm just not ready to give up on DICE or this game yet, just like how I wasn't in BF4 when everyone started bailing because of the bugs, or BFH when others hated it because it wasn't "Battlefield", or BF1 when everyone in my last clan left because it didn't play like BF4 and it took too long to get new maps, and the community kept calling the game "dead".  Two of those three games are now considered some of the best Battlefield games ever, and it took over a year for each of them to get there.  (BFH should be on there as well, but too late for that)

They are supposed to be showing off a lot of stuff for BFV at EA Play next Sunday, and I hope what they show helps keep the community going, because I don't want to see my favorite game series die.

• Like 2

4F73RM47H

@Col-Squirrel I still have hope too I guess! Just been disappointed too much with this one.  Fingers crossed something big gets revealed. 

Col-Squirrel
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, 4F73RM47H said:

@Col-Squirrel I still have hope too I guess! Just been disappointed too much with this one.  Fingers crossed something big gets revealed. 

So kind of funny, just noticed they posted the weekly debrief for this week, which also includes whats coming next week.  Looks like we have some good things to look forward to (hopefully):

RELEASES

• Game Update 3.5 (TBD)

TRAILERS/VIDEOS/LIVESTREAMS

• Chapter 4 Trailer
  • Marita Map Trailer
  • EA PLAY Battlefield V Livestream

BLOGS

• Chapter 4/5 Roadmap

Edited by Col-Squirrel

macgregor1964

Level 500 , really . Yeah lets just flip this into the absurd. I could see 100 , 140 , 150 maybe even 200. I am surprised they didn't just go to 1,000 .  One thing that is absolute is numbers.The number of the active BFV player base  ( even within our own clan ) and game sales speak for themselves. I could crunch the numbers all day, like map releases , gun content,  relative player base, etc .  If it waddles and quacks it's a  duck , and sometimes it's a dead duck.  We are only 8 months in and last night most of us were in BF1..nuff said.  F 5 V 5 = DOA ...

Col-Squirrel
3 hours ago, macgregor1964 said:

The number of the active BFV player base  ( even within our own clan ) and game sales speak for themselves. I could crunch the numbers all day, like map releases , gun content,  relative player base, etc .  If it waddles and quacks it's a  duck , and sometimes it's a dead duck.  We are only 8 months in and last night most of us were in BF1..nuff said.  F 5 V 5 = DOA ...

I honestly feel like I'm having a case of deja vu, because this exact kind of talk, about how the game is dead, happened at this exact time during BF1's cycle.  Where everyone was calling the game dead, that it was taking too long to get maps, that BF4 was better, etc. etc. Now we look back at BF1, like we did with BF4, and will do again with BFV when the next game comes out.

Brien

adds 10x more ranks, has no content to go along.... you tell us no premium pass needed but forget to say that means no content. BF1 had more content on launch and new content came 

• Like 1

Brien
5 hours ago, Col-Squirrel said:

I honestly feel like I'm having a case of deja vu, because this exact kind of talk, about how the game is dead, happened at this exact time during BF1's cycle.  Where everyone was calling the game dead, that it was taking too long to get maps, that BF4 was better, etc. etc. Now we look back at BF1, like we did with BF4, and will do again with BFV when the next game comes out.

Not really, this game has had 1 map and a few guns added in the first 8 months of release. BF1 had thou shall not pass 6 months after release  that gave us 6 maps (7 with giants shadow), 2 new operations, and the same amount of guns that BFV has piece mealed us so far. Don't forget BF1 had more guns, maps, and less bugs on release than BFV. Hell even the mediocre progression in BF1 was worth doing to level 10 of each class for guns, this game literally was done for me after level 20 overall getting the good guns and now the new guns went to achievement based/ i buy a month later and determine they aren't better. This game is dead, the population, the buy rate, and the tone from DICE with their updates that have no real updates shows this game was fumbled and die hard fans aren't into it.

• Like 1

macgregor1964
8 hours ago, Col-Squirrel said:

image.jpeg.6ddbc4115323ecd786492e18101ad5e8.jpeg

Blueberryjam

I am also putting BFV away for awhile.  The sad thing is that I WANTED this game to be as good if not better than BF1.

The UWS community has been bleeding BFV players. Many nights, there is one squad worth of players. Some nights there are more, but often times when I am playing we cant field 2 squads of 4. This is not due to the people, but rather the failing games as a service model.

As others have said, the BF community wants new MAPS. 2 maps in 7 months since release and one more next month is not how you deliver a game as a service. Sure, the Pacific may be incredibly awesome with the addition of more cut and paste weapons, cosmetics and a TBD number of maps. Bit this will be nearly 12 months after the release. 

DICE needs to stop with all these limited time game modes. I could give a flying fuck about these. Battlefield is Conquest and Rush, not Firestorm, not TDM, not any other of these shitty modes.

While there may be something that interests me at EA play, Unless it is a surprise pack of 3+ maps, BFV will be on the bottom of my list of what I fire up to play. It is a sad day when I am more excited for a COD game than BF.

RAZZAQUE

Seriously, more ranks? You are not seeing me on the Battlefield any time soon.  

SecretSquirrel43
7 hours ago, Blueberryjam said:

The UWS community has been bleeding BFV players. Many nights, there is one squad worth of players. Some nights there are more, but often times when I am playing we cant field 2 squads of 4. This is not due to the people, but rather the failing games as a service model.

It's true. Staff and I have tried to mitigate it, but without RSP and not being able to do events, there is no way for us to keep players here because they are here to play games, and if they dont like the game there is only so much we can do to keep people here. Recruiting is basically a wasteland of nothing. The state of the game is wearing down us just as much as you guys. 

• Like 1

Col-Squirrel
19 hours ago, Blueberryjam said:

As others have said, the BF community wants new MAPS. 2 maps in 7 months since release and one more next month is not how you deliver a game as a service. Sure, the Pacific may be incredibly awesome with the addition of more cut and paste weapons, cosmetics and a TBD number of maps. Bit this will be nearly 12 months after the release.

Well two things, right now there are more maps in development then there has ever been in past games. This was said by a DICE Dev on Twitter back in like March.

Which now those maps are now coming to light, because good news, we are getting another map on June 27th. But it's not Marita nor the urban map previously mentioned in the past roadmap. It's a new unknown map internally called Sand and Sea, and was found in the latest patch, tied to the first week of Chapter 4's Tides of War, which starts June 27th.

veNz

In Dices defense, they tried pushing back the launch even further to prevent this from happening, but EA made them launch it as we got, which was in my opinion far from polished.

Cant wait til we get new maps... it usually takes some time to balance out Battlefield to make it a better play. It's been like this over the last several releases, I'm optimistic this one will improve greatly as well.

Blueberryjam
12 hours ago, SecretSquirrel43 said:

It's true. Staff and I have tried to mitigate it, but without RSP and not being able to do events, there is no way for us to keep players here because they are here to play games, and if they dont like the game there is only so much we can do to keep people here. Recruiting is basically a wasteland of nothing. The state of the game is wearing down us just as much as you guys. 

You hold no blame.  The game has to hold players interest for there to be a community. Right now DICE has only promised more, but promises are not worth anything until something is delivered.

But IMO there is something worse about BFV that cannot be fixed. The core game design killed fun and kills community.

I have been thinking over is why this game feels less fun than previous BF titles. My main answer is that the massive changes in mechanics created a game that doesn't not support a community, but rather is built for a squad of 4.

Many of the mechanic changes make voice communication all the more critical to being successful, and for this to be effective at all, comms need to be clear and preferably limited to those in the squad. This kills community.

Add in the little changes like all the stupid animations (vehicle interaction, reviving etc), poor map design (fjell having bombers or linear design) and you have a fundamental change to the game that reduces the fun. You sometimes fight the game more than you play the game.

Blueberryjam
1 hour ago, Col-Squirrel said:

Well two things, right now there are more maps in development then there has ever been in past games. This was said by a DICE Dev on Twitter back in like March.

Which now those maps are now coming to light, because good news, we are getting another map on June 27th. But it's not Marita nor the urban map previously mentioned in the past roadmap. It's a new unknown map internally called Sand and Sea, and was found in the latest patch, tied to the first week of Chapter 4's Tides of War, which starts June 

This is what they are saying and I know that DICE does not want the game to fail.

But as a player, we where told nearly a year ago at e3 that the game as a service model would serve up more content as fast if not faster than premium pass. As of now, that is not true. We were also told that CC would buy any cosmetic, but we now know that was not true. They promised vehicle customization and again nothing has happened.

DICE has and continues to fail in my eyes. I was hopeful for the last 6 months, but in the last month something snapped for me.

DICE has one chance to wow me and that is with the Pacific theater. I expect at least 4 maps with a couple more to follow during tides of war. Even then, the current state of BFV is depressing on so many levels for me that I will need to be be wowed by something to feel good about the game again.