Vex

PUBG Tournament Idea Thread

Vex

Hey all!

This thread is dedicated solely for you guys to toss ideas out at the BR staff for tournaments you would be interested in! This can be anything from game mode to the ruleset to server locations. 

I'm excited to get some direct involvement with you!

Thank you!

Laykcer

I love the tournament aspect, Yet I do feel it could need more players so we might fill upcoming tournaments at some point. It was fun and all this last tournament we had, yet having only 30 max is somewhat of a lack luster. I understand it is hard to get a hold of more players. But If we could promote the tournaments we hold on sites dedicated to Pubg (Steam,Reddit,pubg.com, etc.) and forcing players to join the site before they can participate should get some new players in. Maybe host Duos and Squad games aswell. 

We can keep voting on first or 3. person view and make it 4 maps so we can play one game on each map. We also could make it so we play once a week and each month have a winner. Each tournament we have a spectator using an "official" twitch channel for UwS showing everything with a 5min delay or something like that so everyone who wanted to watch could see the entire game and then upload the full stream to twitch afterwards for people to look back at. 

This is just thoughts, but if we could host something each week it would be sweet! Atleast then I have something to look forward to every weekend ! 🙂

• Thanks 1

electrolily
6 hours ago, Laykcer said:

I love the tournament aspect, Yet I do feel it could need more players so we might fill upcoming tournaments at some point. It was fun and all this last tournament we had, yet having only 30 max is somewhat of a lack luster. I understand it is hard to get a hold of more players. But If we could promote the tournaments we hold on sites dedicated to Pubg (Steam,Reddit,pubg.com, etc.) and forcing players to join the site before they can participate should get some new players in. Maybe host Duos and Squad games aswell. 

This is just thoughts, but if we could host something each week it would be sweet! Atleast then I have something to look forward to every weekend ! 🙂

Every PUBG tournament i've been apart of since joining UWS has been a duo tourny which is why I wanted the most recent to be solo tourny. And we usually stream every tournament (and we were unable to stream most of it last time because of the settings I placed oops)  

We do post on Reddit and Steam for promotions for the clan, but  I can definitely see what you mean by promoting the tournament itself on there. I also think you may need to readjust your expectations. Our turnout was actually pretty good, and having WEEKLY tournaments? I don't think that's realistic at all, but biweekly may be something. I'm definitely aiming for a regular monthly tournament. I do want to increase the loot substantially per game too. 

Also need to consider the donations. We have to have donations directly to the PUBG tournaments for prize money. So if people aren't regularly donating, then prize money won't be a regualr thing. I also want the people recruited in to actually stay around and not just hop on to win cash and dip out, because the people that actually stick around and care, are typically the ones that donate.

flammbo

Somebody mentioned an idea for doing a "league" rather than tournament. I thought that was an interesting idea. Host bi-weekly tournaments for maybe 2-3 months, people earn points for appearing, kills, and placing. Could even do different variations like duo/solo. That way we're not dependent on donations every single month or event. Also, new players joining mid "season" will have a reason to stick around. Maybe make the final event worth double points, too, just so nobody is really out of it if they have to miss a week or two. Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

electrolily
8 hours ago, flammbo said:

Somebody mentioned an idea for doing a "league" rather than tournament. Host bi-weekly tournaments for maybe 2-3 months, people earn points for appearing, kills, and placing. Could even do different variations like duo/solo. Also, new players joining mid "season" will have a reason to stick around. Maybe make the final event worth double points, too, just so nobody is really out of it if they have to miss a week or two. Just a thought.

I really like this idea! Especially making the final event worth more. 

flammbo

Also, what if you offer an advantage to people who donate? I was thinking, showing the first circle and whoever donated $10(or more) is allowed to jump inside the first circle. Could help with the donations and there's few spots that I think it's a HUGE advantage(Erangel's island).

• Like 1

Laykcer
On 5/13/2019 at 1:03 AM, flammbo said:

Also, what if you offer an advantage to people who donate? I was thinking, showing the first circle and whoever donated $10(or more) is allowed to jump inside the first circle. Could help with the donations and there's few spots that I think it's a HUGE advantage(Erangel's island).

I understand that we need donations to make prize pool a thing. Yet something we had to decide before playing the tournament was how to play it ( First person or 3rd. ) Can make make it so, if there are none donations we go by the strawpoll, but if someone where to donate say 15$ they could decide the first map and if they donated a total of 40$ they could choose the view for all 3 matches. 

So if we had a league that was 3 months long of bi-weekly tour's we could accumulate 240$ if someone payed 40$ each time. That wont be game changing nor would it give that person a advantage. After last tour we had a 50/50 on who wanted first or 3rd meaning players might pay to decide this? What do you think ?

Hully1983

I do know this will be hard to do because of time difference and that, but maybe have a time that would be ok for everyone or switching times every comp as the last one is like 3am for myself, and is just way to late due to me being in the UK, that's about 7pm - 8pm US time depending on what time zone.

It will be ok for people do not have kids but I do (lol) 2 of them and for British people and Europeans this could be off putting due to the being so late and in turn, would not donate due to not being able to compete in the competition.

• Thanks 1

electrolily
22 minutes ago, Hully1983 said:

maybe have a time that would be ok for everyone or switching times every comp as the last one is like 3am for myself, and is just way to late due to me being in the UK, that's about 7pm - 8pm US time depending on what time zone.

I hear you! So since we just had a nice evening event that was easy for the Americans to attend, i'm hoping to alternate and do a Saturday or Sunday midday US/ evening UK for the next event. We'll probably have a poll where you can vote for the specific time like last one. I know the last one was super late for the UK people.  💗

Acid-

Can we have a tournament where we can only be naked with frying pans

• Haha 1

flammbo
17 hours ago, Laykcer said:

I understand that we need donations to make prize pool a thing. Yet something we had to decide before playing the tournament was how to play it ( First person or 3rd. ) Can make make it so, if there are none donations we go by the strawpoll, but if someone where to donate say 15$ they could decide the first map and if they donated a total of 40$ they could choose the view for all 3 matches. 

So if we had a league that was 3 months long of bi-weekly tour's we could accumulate 240$ if someone payed 40$ each time. That wont be game changing nor would it give that person a advantage. After last tour we had a 50/50 on who wanted first or 3rd meaning players might pay to decide this? What do you think ?

I feel like one person donating shouldn't lead to them determining the POV. While the vote was 50/50, there were at least 10 people who voted first person and didn't attend. Anyone who plays pubg on our teamspeak, knows that there are far more TPP players. That's why when we made the live vote, TPP was lopsided. The point of view is definitely a huge advantage. I think the majority should always rule on that, and I'm fine with doing it like we usually do(2 maps for TPP/1 FPP). If the day comes where we have more FPP players, then we can alternate.

I think the top donator choosing the map is perfectly fine. I don't think we want to discourage donations and essentially limiting the advantage to others. I'd prefer everyone, or most, donating $10 than 3 people instantly donating the $40 and there's no advantages to be had. I like my idea of allowing all donators to jump inside circle, with your top donator getting to choose map(s).

• Like 2

VyillEmbrace

I don't think I would let the donations dictate any aspect of the tournaments besides the prize poll, giving people an advantage because they donate makes it seem more like pay to win. I would continue to do the voting for aspect and leave that to were only the participating voter's votes count (majority rules). We are going to be limited to duo/solo tournaments because of the number of participating players, only bringing in more players is going to be able to change that. A league tournament is a nice idea if we can get enough people to commit. For our European friends, with the big difference in time zones it can make some things difficult, like if we are able to hold the tournaments at 3 pm est on Sautarday, it would be 9 pm cet, I am going to guess this time period would be around the best, but we're still looking at roughly 4-5 hours per tournament, So we would be looking at 3 pm - 7 pm est and 9 pm - 1 am cet. and I'm not sure how well that would work out for the majority, We would have to vote and see. For general rules I know we tried playing with the speed of the circle last time and it didn't really work out. So I would leave the circle speed the same on every map and up the amount of loot and vehicles by about 4 times the amount, that way the more aggressive players can loot fast and chase kills. I think this is going to be far better and easier than trying to adjust the circle.

Edited by VyillEmbrace
  • Like 1

Vex

I'm really digging the leauge idea.

Also keep in mind with the Kudo and Exp system now. We are able to do tournaments for those. Super helpful especially once we get the store opened up to spend your exp within the community for merch and games and what not. 

• Like 1