Sign in to follow this  
Waffle

"Solo escapes" channel user migration

New channel for TS  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want another channel to separate "lobby" and "solo escapes"?

• Yes please
    • No (please specify why)
    • I don't care xD

Waffle

I hope I am not the only one getting frustrated by continuous "announcer" when sitting in "solo escapes" channel. Everyone in EFT division joins that channel by default and most switch to another channel after a short while. It really hits a spot when 5 or more users migrate through the channel while trying to actually play as a solo escapee.

Could we make another dedicated channel so we separate solo escapes and lobby (join by default channel)?

TL,DR: I hope we get another channel in TS so we separate "welcome lobby" & "solo escapes" to avoid announcer rape mid raid...

Maverick V6

Regardless if we make a new channel or not, members can manually connect to any channel they wish assuming they have the appropriate permissions. Thus, I don't think this will resolve the problem. 

We have tried to find ways to mute the channel coms in the solo channel only. Unfortunately, with this version of TS it is impossible. Individual members can mute sound announcements but that would carry over to all channels, not just the solo channel. I would recommend at this time if you prefer to play in the solo channel to mute your incoming sounds by clicking the "mute speakers/headphones" button.  This will prevent announcements from annoying you. Hopefully with TS5 which is set to release in Beta soon will provide us options to fix this annoyance. Thanks for the suggestion though. 

Waffle

The downside of muting announcer is disabling  pokes and messages which is kind of a bummer 😞

The Velvet Gentleman
1 hour ago, Waffle said:

The downside of muting announcer is disabling  pokes and messages which is kind of a bummer 😞

You can disable or change just the "User has entered the channel" announcement.