chileanjew

Where's our players at

chileanjew

We almost have 300 members for BFV but I don't think half of them have even played the game since launch...so my question is, where are these players?  Guaranteed everyone would have a better time playing the game if we had more active members...

So where are they at?  This past week we've had an average of 4-8 players a couple of hours every night and it sucks.  This post isn't meant to bitch about the game, the game is where it's at and I myself enjoy it thoroughly.  Just not without fellow clan members, otherwise I couldn't be here now.

I'm hoping the numbers will pick up but I'm not one to sit around and watch until the game passes by for years while not having enough people to play with.

rip.JPG.ec48dbcb1faad85302d1e9569140fc7e.JPG

awkwardlookaround.gif.cc1750120b3837e8b09281ba94e23220.gif

rip.JPG

• Like 1

ranchitup

The division is most likely not an accurate number of active players. I can't speak for everyone but considering the rough state of the game right now, I think most folks are playing other games at the moment while things get fixed on DICE's end. Also, maxing out at level 50 and not earning CC to upgrade anything really halts any kind of progression. I'm sure things will pick up again with a solid, new patch.

• Like 1

macgregor1964

The game does not inspire members to play it .  I would hope they optimize the game and increase rank system to create a challenge and promote game play. The thing with this game that pisses me off more than anything is the negative impact it has on community involvement !!  Increase max rank, speed up vehicle re-spawn, speed up plane re-arm , add content ( maps etc ). These are just a few things that would definitely increase member participation. CC fix will not accomplish f-all with respect to really helping  BF communities. Next content drop as far as i am aware is only 1 new map. You got to be kidding me. Should be at least 4 maps.  I still enjoy BF gaming with friends,  but if i am honest the game for a lot of people has gone stale, ergo not many playing consistently. Hard to believe when you consider the game is barely 3 months old. I hope this changes but i am not holding my breath.

• Like 2

chileanjew

I guess my point that I'm trying to make is that we as a clan, who have been playing with each other since at least BF1 should not be sitting around and waiting for changes for the game in order for us to play with each other, since we ARE our own community. 

I see a lot of bitching going on whether it be in the forums/ in-game/ or teamspeak.  I understand there are issues but if vets are constantly talking shit and not even making an attempt to play the game with our newer members and to keep players interested by playing with our clan members then this so called "Division" of BFV will be dead by the time the game is improved "enough" for people to play it.  See what I'm saying?

At this point it might already be too late since the majority of players in our "Division" very clearly do not visit the forums, let alone be active in TS while we play nightly in BFV.  

It's a damn shame that we have so much potential for having a good time as a clan but as far as unity?  We don't fuckin have it and it's pretty god damn disappointing.  

ranchitup
39 minutes ago, chileanjew said:

I guess my point that I'm trying to make is that we as a clan, who have been playing with each other since at least BF1 should not be sitting around and waiting for changes for the game in order for us to play with each other, since we ARE our own community. 

I see a lot of bitching going on whether it be in the forums/ in-game/ or teamspeak.  I understand there are issues but if vets are constantly talking shit and not even making an attempt to play the game with our newer members and to keep players interested by playing with our clan members then this so called "Division" of BFV will be dead by the time the game is improved "enough" for people to play it.  See what I'm saying?

At this point it might already be too late since the majority of players in our "Division" very clearly do not visit the forums, let alone be active in TS while we play nightly in BFV.  

It's a damn shame that we have so much potential for having a good time as a clan but as far as unity?  We don't fuckin have it and it's pretty god damn disappointing.  

This comes off as a bit dramatic. There are undeniable issues with Battlefield V ranging everywhere from gameplay to performance that haven't been fixed or have gotten worse since the release. I don't expect anyone to play or support a game that they are not enjoying, especially due to shoddy development and poor communication. I still enjoy BFV but I don't expect much "unity" or larger playerbase until DICE decides to significantly polish the current state of the game.

• Like 3

chileanjew

You have your opinion, I have mine.  

ranchitup
5 minutes ago, chileanjew said:

You have your opinion, I have mine.  

You sure do. But I would like you to understand that your perspective of poor numbers from the UWS forum/teamspeak is not a reflection of our community and is misguided. The recent bout of inactivity is a reflection of what DICE has (or has not done) with BFV.

• Like 1

chileanjew
27 minutes ago, ranchitup said:

You sure do. But I would like you to understand that your perspective of poor numbers from the UWS forum/teamspeak is not a reflection of our community and is misguided. The recent bout of inactivity is a reflection of what DICE has (or has not done) with BFV.

I wish I could blame DICE for everything. 

And yet if you look at our players in TS alone, you’ll see even the buggiest games being played daily with a larger player base than BFV.  If you look at the games themselves, it speaks for itself.  

BFV is extremely playable for myself, I think a lot of people are just caught up with everyone else’s opinion.  But that’s fine, I’ll deal with it.

Edited by chileanjew

murrpheus

Lolz, I'll be on over the nights during weekends. Hard for me to join on weekdays.

• Turned On 1

AChildishKitten

I think people are just busy or doing something else. I love the state of BFV right now. There is some stuff that needs work but not a ton. I haven't had a CC issue yet because I never bought anything but the gun specializations, but I can certainly understand people being annoyed by it.

• Like 1

Minos

I think a good portion of people just don't like the direction DICE took in regards to post launch content and overall design.   I can't say I'm surprised either considering the insane amount of controversy that surrounded BFVs launch.    I personally passed on this title in hopes that they learn and take a better direction with the next Battlefield.  I think they could bring lots of people back by going to a modern setting again because it seems that is  what the majority of people want from now on and I would have to agree.  I think the World War eras just don't fit as well for Battlefield as a modern/future game would.  They have so much more weapons, attachments, and gadgets to work with the modern setting.  Hell, they can do whatever they desire with a future setting too.  Until then, I and many others will just find other games to play.   

• Like 1

macgregor1964

Hey dude , i am a UWS Vet.. Wtf , i resemble that opinion . Truth is , prior to anyone voicing/articulating issues with respect to the game , the numbers were already dropping precipitously . Or maybe we should censor the Vets opinions.lol jk..? Like i said, I still enjoy gaming with friends in BFV and hope things improve. Don't think it's helpful to single anyone out. No-ones fault . I feel ya Chile , but you cant force that horse to drink.Unless its Canadian , and its pale ale with a hint of maple syrup.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4F73RM47H

As someone who has over 250 hours in BFV from both alpha's and the beta I'm simply burned out right now on. I still play 1 or 2 rounds daily but I can tell you it's super annoying joining up on you guys when you're all in a round and I sit in 5th place queue for 20 minutes only to join a fresh panzerstorm game and then half the enemy teams leaves. Which then we kill the server because we destroyed them(this has been the last 2 nights for me). Even if that doesn't happen in panzerstorm it will definitely happen the next round. I also just got a new 4K tv and have been enjoying that (might be a reason why I personally haven't been playing my usual 4 hours). I'm just waiting till the next patch to really get back into BFV. I'm burned out. 

This also isn't an issue with UWS but with BFV. The developers have confirmed that player retention is down and that's something they need to fix...hence why we had a TTK update but that didn't fix the issue. BFV needs a bit more time in the oven and I'm all for bugs and shit but I just don't have a reason to come and play...I'm max career rank, tides of war rank, and while I don't have my support or scout class maxed I just have no personal reason to max those as I don't enjoy playing those classes. 

I mean, it's Friday night and while I work tomorrow I'll still be hopping on tonight but I swear to God if I join in and it's on panzerstorm I might kill someone LOL...cries in medic. 

• Haha 3

magicbulllet

As someone who has over 250 hours in BFV from both alpha's and the beta I'm simply burned out right now on. I still play 1 or 2 rounds daily but I can tell you it's super annoying joining up on you guys when you're all in a round and I sit in 5th place queue for 20 minutes only to join a fresh panzerstorm game and then half the enemy teams leaves. Which then we kill the server because we destroyed them(this has been the last 2 nights for me). Even if that doesn't happen in panzerstorm it will definitely happen the next round. I also just got a new 4K tv and have been enjoying that (might be a reason why I personally haven't been playing my usual 4 hours). I'm just waiting till the next patch to really get back into BFV. I'm burned out. 

This also isn't an issue with UWS but with BFV. The developers have confirmed that player retention is down and that's something they need to fix...hence why we had a TTK update but that didn't fix the issue. BFV needs a bit more time in the oven and I'm all for bugs and shit but I just don't have a reason to come and play...I'm max career rank, tides of war rank, and while I don't have my support or scout class maxed I just have no personal reason to max those as I don't enjoy playing those classes. 

I mean, it's Friday night and while I work tomorrow I'll still be hopping on tonight but I swear to God if I join in and it's on panzerstorm I might kill someone LOL...cries in medic. 

This happened to us last night so we swapped to the small frontlines mode and had a blast. Maybe because of the lower player count every time the opposite team left it populated really quickly.

Edited by magicbulllet
  • Like 2

4F73RM47H

You know what's funny.... the first game of the night was panzerstorm, start of the round. It wasn't bad though. It was a full server but it's funny that it happened. 

AChildishKitten

Here's another thing. When you join a channel with 10 people and ask if people have any opening and no one responds and then more people join and they get in even though you just asked like 2 minutes ago. I know it puts me off.

• Like 2

macgregor1964

Yeah Childish that's new with BFV. When your friends are in a full sqaud , you are prohibited from joining server/game. Why it doesn't just put you into the same server/game based off the friend you join, i have no idea. Not very well thought thru. You would rightfully think this should be automatic after 5 BF builds that all addressed that eventuality. Also no-one should be ignored trying to join up with members. Majority of the time someone will jump out and start a new squad. I have seen members stepping up to get players into game. Whether it is new members,pubbers or existing. Right direction.

• Like 1

AChildishKitten

I wouldn't mind if Dice made it so we can join off friends or platoon easier. Last night I went to join on platoon and because we now have 3 platoons, I could only join the 1st platoon members, and they were in a different game than the one I wanted in. Then in the main menu, they only give the option to join off of one friend who is playing, and that was the same one as the platoon. I was over it after trying to play for 10 minutes so I left.

Edited by AChildishKitten

Brien

huge influx of people (probably 100+) came and went as either a casual clan wasn't what they were looking for and/or the game is just not in a fun state. If i look in the main platoon there are maybe 30-40 people I recognize and a good 10 of them I haven't seen in a month or more. And to be fair BF1 was similar in that there was a main 10-15 people that played and that was in the later stages of the game that didn't have as many issues as BFV has currently. It doesn't help that there are many other good games that came out recently, if any had piqued my interested I would probably not play any more either

magicbulllet

I really do think the upcoming patch is going to fix many of the issues people have and will bring them back. Not to mention the holiday season is winding down and many people were busy with that.

• Like 1

mfranca915
5 hours ago, macgregor1964 said:

Yeah Childish that's new with BFV. When your friends are in a full sqaud , you are prohibited from joining server/game. Why it doesn't just put you into the same server/game based off the friend you join, i have no idea. Not very well thought thru. You would rightfully think this should be automatic after 5 BF builds that all addressed that eventuality. Also no-one should be ignored trying to join up with members. Majority of the time someone will jump out and start a new squad. I have seen members stepping up to get players into game. Whether it is new members,pubbers or existing. Right direction.

The whole max 4 squad members and not being able to join on them to the same server is definitely really annoying. You can get around this by just getting the server info and then looking that server up in the advanced search section to join. It is a crappy way of going around the situation of joining the same server but till they change the method for joining up on friends/platoon members for a match, which they may never do,  that's how you need to do it with a friend that is in a full squad. Figured I would throw that method out there, you all probably already knew how to do that though anyways.

Mongoose_Chief

I’m ready for UWS to have a BFV server.

• Like 3

AChildishKitten
1 hour ago, mfranca915 said:

The whole max 4 squad members and not being able to join on them to the same server is definitely really annoying. You can get around this by just getting the server info and then looking that server up in the advanced search section to join. It is a crappy way of going around the situation of joining the same server but till they change the method for joining up on friends/platoon members for a match, which they may never do,  that's how you need to do it with a friend that is in a full squad. Figured I would throw that method out there, you all probably already knew how to do that though anyways.

This will likely put you on the other team though. It's 50/50.

mfranca915

Yea I know, that's why it is not the best way to completely fix the problem but you're still in the same server with the platoon and you could try re-connecting till you are. Perks on behalf of bad systems that were implemented as macgregor has said, not well thought through.