H0tH34d

Questions for Members of Leadership

H0tH34d

1) What are the rules on hosting an event? (For example: Does it have to be led by a higher member of UWS? Does it have to be on PC? Is there a way to get a sponsored prize for an event?)

2) In the rules, it states that members of UWS cannot be members of other clans/communities, unless it is something not offered by UWS. That being said, would it go against those rules for someone to join a competitive team for a game on console, even though we do not have a team for it on console here at UWS, we only have a team for PC?

MistDreamer

To answer your questions. 

1. Far as hosting an event we prefer a staff member over the game such as a captain or game admin to arrange it.  As for pc to console, that depends more on the members as all event are normally for community members first. All prizes or consideration of a prize pool need to go through

@wetredneck 

2. Members should not be apart of another community. Exceptions to this rule tend to be in the cases of. Comeptive teams we do not offer. Major games like battlefield, tarkov, ect. So console are not really in our purview.  Keep in mind wearing other tags and switching back to our community's games.

H0tH34d
6 minutes ago, MistDreamer said:

To answer your questions. 

1. Far as hosting an event we prefer a staff member over the game such as a captain or game admin to arrange it.  As for pc to console, that depends more on the members as all event are normally for community members first. All prizes or consideration of a prize pool need to go through

@wetredneck 

2. Members should not be apart of another community. Exceptions to this rule tend to be in the cases of. Comeptive teams we do not offer. Major games like battlefield, tarkov, ect. So console are not really in our purview.  Keep in mind wearing other tags and switching back to our community's games.

Thank you! Very helpful!

wetredneck

if you have a specific idea for one that you might want to host holler at me through pm. we can toss it around and see if its possible. im always willing to help out with any ideas people have. 

SkullCracker
Posted (edited)

@H0tH34d

What console you play on? I play on the Xbox One on the weekends. I play a variety of games but lately it's been CoD BO 4. I can hold my own and went 36-6 in my the last game I played. I only play HC TDM as well.

Edited by SkullCracker

H0tH34d
1 hour ago, wetredneck said:

if you have a specific idea for one that you might want to host holler at me through pm. we can toss it around and see if its possible. im always willing to help out with any ideas people have. 

Awesome! Ty!

H0tH34d
2 minutes ago, SkullCracker said:

@H0tH34d

What console you play on?

PS4. CoD and Smite

SkullCracker
Posted (edited)

Get yourself a Xbox 🙂

Edited by SkullCracker

H0tH34d
4 minutes ago, SkullCracker said:

Get yourself a Xbox 🙂

I am trying to get on a team for CoD BO4 and get into the CWL ladder/tournaments. However, this is only on PS4 due to Activision's contract with MLG and Sony.

SkullCracker
36 minutes ago, H0tH34d said:

I am trying to get on a team for CoD BO4 and get into the CWL ladder/tournaments. However, this is only on PS4 due to Activision's contract with MLG and Sony.

That's called discrimination, I'm filing a complaint with the FCC against SONY and Activision 🙂 Damn Xbox haters they are.

H0tH34d

🤣🤣 it used to be Xbox only until Black Ops 3.

SkullCracker

I have no problems with the PS. Thing is everyone I know is on the box. I could switch if you'd buy me one 🙂 lol.

H0tH34d
7 hours ago, SkullCracker said:

I have no problems with the PS. Thing is everyone I know is on the box. I could switch if you'd buy me one 🙂 lol.

Ya know, I kept saying the same thing to one of my Airmen. He kept saying I needed to paylay smite on the PlayStation instead of PC. I told him to buy me one. He said no.. lol. I ended up going home and telling my wife the story, and she decided we should get one anyways.. lol

• Like 1

H0tH34d
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, MistDreamer said:

Addition to this question, @MistDreamer, what would one have to do to be allowed to put UWS as part of a console team?

Edited by H0tH34d

Maverick V6

We are a PC centered community. Unless TS5 offers a strong cross platform program that people are willing to adopt we will likely be unable to succeed with cross platform support as a community.  @H0tH34d

SkullCracker
Posted (edited)

Most games these days are cross-platform and growing which is the future for gaming. This place could really grow if a division for the console was made. Find someone who you can trust and put them in charge of running it and test the waters. As for TS5, I don't see it becoming part of the console world at all. But no console would ever support it anyway even if it was offered.

You must treat this place like a business. And if you wanna grow you must try new things and if they work that's great, if not oh well. Commie, Dev, Trunkz know this as we all spoke about growing way back in SAS days. The problem we had was a clan leader who lived in the stone age and never saw the bigger picture. The other thing I might ad is the majority of console players also play on the PC. I see that as a win-win for this place 🙂

One more thing I must mention. Many would rather sit on the couch in front of that 65" and play games while relaxing. After a long day in a crappy office chair most don't feel like going back into one just so they can game.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Razer-Turret-for-Xbox-One/8QC1QMT3JC2Z

Edited by SkullCracker

H0tH34d

@SkullCracker Wow. This was a great reply and some great info. If the community does decide to go this route. I would love to head up a PS4 section with @mfranca915. Have quite a lot of background in it and would love to use my experience to help out.

H0tH34d

That is, assuming @mfranca915 would want to lol