Drizzit1aa

Kill Ping

ranchitup

Looked it up and smells like BS to me. Caveat emptor.

What is wrong with your connection now? Or are you wanting better speed?

Rin

So they work like a VPN, You select a server like if you're playing east coast then an east coast server etc and it will connect you to that server so you can be connected to the server you're playing, Essentially they are trying to create their own path towards a server. Problem is they can only control where a connection starts and where it stops, They cannot connect the inbetween cause that would require them to bounce on a bunch of their own servers along your path and then to the server you're connecting plus the inbetween along their path, I don't think they can do that as it would require placement of servers in EVERY city etc.

You could be trying to connect to their server but the only available inbetweens to east coast are through west coast up to canada and back down. That would be fun lol

It quiet smells like WTFast which is a similar paid aswell program.

• Like 1

Drizzit1aa
7 hours ago, ranchitup said:

Looked it up and smells like BS to me. Caveat emptor.

What is wrong with your connection now? Or are you wanting better speed?

I am getting enough packet lose for Fallout 76 the servers to kick me off regularly. If you know the game you know it's pretty much worthless. You use gathered resources in a workshop you have to fight for so you can get better resources. If you log or get kicked before you get your resources your trying to get then you loose it all. It can take hours for it to pay off.

Mongoose_Chief

It’s all bs, you can’t speed up your ping because it still has to go to the main server. It all has to do with your internet connection. Don’t ever believe that stuff it’s like buying software ram. 

Drizzit1aa
19 hours ago, Mongoose_Chief said:

It’s all bs, you can’t speed up your ping because it still has to go to the main server. It all has to do with your internet connection. Don’t ever believe that stuff it’s like buying software ram. 

My favorite line for this occasion was "Oh it's like a muffler bearing" but then Cadillac had to screw it up and go and make one. lol  Good to know before I spent 500 bucks. VPN's and being able to choose the closest server hop is worthless if your internet sucks to begin with. Gotcha. Thank You sir, I am learning every day! 😁

Zer0Wulf
On 1/7/2019 at 5:11 PM, Drizzit1aa said:

I am getting enough packet lose for Fallout 76 the servers to kick me off regularly. If you know the game you know it's pretty much worthless. You use gathered resources in a workshop you have to fight for so you can get better resources. If you log or get kicked before you get your resources your trying to get then you loose it all. It can take hours for it to pay off.

packet loss is something related to your own network in your house or your ISP usually. What router do you have? You can see your packet loss by testing it through command prompt.

open command prompt by right clicking the windows start menu, click run, and type in      cmd       and press enter.

in the command prompt type in       ping 8.8.8.8 -t

this will continually ping google servers, let it run for awhile......and you end the test by pressing    control+c     together. once you end the test, you'll be able to see if theres any packet loss during that test.

If you can find the IP address of the fallout76 servers, you could ping them with the same test to see if theres a ton of packet loss too.

Killping or gaming VPN providers actually do work by providing less hops or a more direct route to the gaming servers using their own network. So yes, they do in theory reduce ping, but only if they support your game which is hit or miss.

Zer0Wulf

Another neat test to run in command prompt is 

tracert 8.8.8.8           

or any ping that you would like to see the trace route or roadmap that the internet takes to you destination IP. It'll show you the number of hops and where it s generally going through along with time or latency. The longer the trace route, the more latency usually. So if you go through a gaming VPN you'll take less hops to get there usually.

Sometimes you'll see one hop where the latency is a lot higher than the others. @macgregor1964 had this issue awhile ago and i believe called his ISP to take a different route through their network as one of the hops was much higher ping then the others, that will definitely cause an issue.

See how that one hop is higher ping than the others? That could cause me to have higher latency to that ending IP (8.8.8.8), your route may be all f*cked up lol.

qfd.png

Drizzit1aa

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
    Packets: Sent = 1419, Received = 1419, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 181ms, Average = 25ms

GOTTA LOVE IT WHEN THE REQUEST TIMES OUT, LOL

Tracing route to 8.8.8.8 [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  dsldevice.attlocal.net [192.168.1.254]
  2    21 ms    20 ms    20 ms  108-200-28-1.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net [108.200.28.1]
  3    18 ms    19 ms    19 ms  71.149.7.250
  4    25 ms    29 ms    31 ms  12.123.212.186
  5    27 ms    29 ms    30 ms  cr2.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.2.121]
  6    27 ms    26 ms    25 ms  12.122.85.197
  7    24 ms    26 ms    26 ms  206.121.120.90
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9    25 ms    25 ms    25 ms  108.170.226.56
 10    26 ms    24 ms    25 ms  108.170.230.145
 11    26 ms    25 ms    25 ms  google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]

Trace complete.

Zer0Wulf

So there may be an issue with one of your hops. Its a shame you can't do a trace route to a fallout76 server IP, then you'll know for sure if there are any timeouts. Maybe call your ISP if you keep finding timeouts in there though.

Drizzit1aa

@Zer0Wulf

For giggles I did it 5 more time, every time line 8 times out. what does that mean? These are the highest numbers.

Tracing route to 8.8.8.8 [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  dsldevice.attlocal.net [192.168.1.254]
  2    28 ms    20 ms    20 ms  108-200-28-1.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net [108.200.28.1]
  3    44 ms    21 ms    24 ms  71.149.7.250
  4    44 ms    32 ms    43 ms  12.123.212.186
  5    28 ms    38 ms    32 ms  cr2.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.2.121]
  6    29 ms    32 ms    44 ms  12.122.85.197
  7    43 ms    41 ms    40 ms  206.121.120.90
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9    39 ms    31 ms    32 ms  108.170.226.56
 10    53 ms    46 ms    50 ms  108.170.230.145
 11    46 ms    56 ms    51 ms  google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]

Trace complete.

Drizzit1aa
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Zer0Wulf said:

So there may be an issue with one of your hops. Its a shame you can't do a trace route to a fallout76 server IP, then you'll know for sure if there are any timeouts. Maybe call your ISP if you keep finding timeouts in there though.

What do I say to my ISP? I did a trace route test and I am getting a timed out on one of the hops every test? Ya, Fallout 76 gives you a different server every time you log in.  The only thing that stays the same is your is inventory and where you put your CAMP at, unless someone all ready has a CAMP there that logged in before you. Every other place you  have built, your stuff is lost and all the supplies it took to build it. 

Edited by Drizzit1aa

Zer0Wulf

One of the hops is having issues and i'll bet dollars to donuts thats why you get kicked offline and where your latency is coming from. You could call your ISP and explain this all to them and they may be able to change the route it takes.

Yes tell them that, if they are a good ISP, they can fix this.

Drizzit1aa
3 minutes ago, Zer0Wulf said:

Really should do the test to a fallout76 server IP to be sure, but idk how you'd find one.

Their support is actually pretty good contacting you back. Maybe they will tell me where one is, but it happens on every server I get on. Some faster than others, but eventually kicks me. 

Zer0Wulf

do some more tracert tests to a few other addresses to see if its consistent since i don't know any fallout76 server IPs.

try

tracert www.yahoo.com

tracert www.aol.com

etc, etc, etc and see if its consistent timeouts.

SkullCracker

I'm guessing your connection is passing through a bad hub. When my first clan had BF2 servers many of us had high ping /connection issues. One of the guys in our clan who is a Network Admin for a Defense contractor figured out the problem. We ended up tracing it back to Chicago and contacted the company in charge of maintaining that hub and within days they fixed things and many were happy again. I do believe your ISP can give such info.

I might be wrong on how I'm wording this but that was so long ago I can't recall every detail.