Haxwell

LABS! Team loot etiquette and you!

Haxwell

I can't believe this has to be said but I've been noticing a complete collapse of loot etiquette in Labs. And I mean COMPLETE AND TOTAL COLLAPSE. So I'm quashing it here and now. Enjoy.

1. The ONLY loot you have FULL AND COMPLETE JURISDICTION over, is the loot you created. Your kill? You decide what's for you and what scraps are left. "Wait so you mean, like the way it is for all the other maps????" Yes timmy you freaking idiot.

2. If you came in with little to no loadout. NOTHING is yours. Even loot that the team happens upon that hasn't been looted yet. Not yours. Why? Because you're a mooch. You brought nothing to support the team in any way shape or form and as such, deserve nothing.

3. ASK PERMISSION BEFORE YOU LOOT. If you absolutely must be the dingus who goes in hatchet-only or pistol-only, you loot only when ok'd. This pattern I'm seeing of hatcheters and pistoliers in a group clamoring over eachother to loot the first kill (made by someone else obv.) STOPS, NOW. PERIOD.

Again I can't stress this enough. If you contribute nothing? You deserve nothing. Know that if I go into a lab run with you and you showcase this yappy puppy gotta loot, gotta loot, gotta loot behavior, I will not play with you again. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

If this pattern doesn't stop, I will adopt a new policy of team-killing anyone who automatically assumes they can run up to my kill and loot it before I've said two words. End rant.

• Like 2

Maverick V6

Also, if you constantly finding that some members are clearly violating our code of conduct please let a Sherpa or Staff member know. If needed we will remove them from our community. If not, do you best to avoid drama and simply don't play with people if they fail to respect you and others. Thank you! 

AHappyMoooCow
On 1/6/2019 at 10:21 PM, Haxwell said:

I can't believe this has to be said but I've been noticing a complete collapse of loot etiquette in Labs. And I mean COMPLETE AND TOTAL COLLAPSE. So I'm quashing it here and now. Enjoy.

1. The ONLY loot you have FULL AND COMPLETE JURISDICTION over, is the loot you created. Your kill? You decide what's for you and what scraps are left. "Wait so you mean, like the way it is for all the other maps????" Yes timmy you freaking idiot.

2. If you came in with little to no loadout. NOTHING is yours. Even loot that the team happens upon that hasn't been looted yet. Not yours. Why? Because you're a mooch. You brought nothing to support the team in any way shape or form and as such, deserve nothing.

3. ASK PERMISSION BEFORE YOU LOOT. If you absolutely must be the dingus who goes in hatchet-only or pistol-only, you loot only when ok'd. This pattern I'm seeing of hatcheters and pistoliers in a group clamoring over eachother to loot the first kill (made by someone else obv.) STOPS, NOW. PERIOD.

Again I can't stress this enough. If you contribute nothing? You deserve nothing. Know that if I go into a lab run with you and you showcase this yappy puppy gotta loot, gotta loot, gotta loot behavior, I will not play with you again. I'm not the only one who feels this way.

If this pattern doesn't stop, I will adopt a new policy of team-killing anyone who automatically assumes they can run up to my kill and loot it before I've said two words. End rant.

Thanks dude, this needed to be said. I myself have been on both sides of this with bringing in shit gear and lotting kills without asking- which was my mistake and posed the loot back on the body. And having loot from my kills stolen, I am sure as everyone gets to grip with this new MEGA loot map this will die down and disappear. I agree and disagree with the team killing idea, in some aspects like a player taking it once apologising and then hoping it back on the body fine, slap on the wrist most people will learn and stop. But sadly there are a few (very small number) of people who serial loot without asking and then I could understand a team kill to get the loot that is yours by the unspoken kill right rule that players both new and old know and abide by. I am sure those who have read this or have been scolded for doing what you detailed above will endeavour to stop doing it or run more gear so that they can feel the rush of killing a raider then getting the loot they earned by skill and not by being a loot goblin.

Hope this changes for you and anyone else with similar experiences.

Moo

PS. apologies to the guy who's kill I looted, you have my most sincere apologies won't happen again, and I hope others will follow his example or politely telling me off and asking for it back and then kindly giving me what he wanted EVEN after I loot goblined

Haxwell

The policy I mentioned is because people in this community have no excuse. Its ONLY in Labs where theres a breakdown. The runt will incorrectly think "Obviously me having the ability to defend myself matters more to them than their hard earned loot" I refuse to believe that even one single UWS member is doing it cluelessly. Every single person who loot steals knows exactly what they're up to and does it anyway. No bs.

• Like 1

Dredge

You forgot to mention keys. If someone unlocks the managers office they get first dibs on the items in there. Same for the other locked rooms. Dont just rush in and start taking everything. Wait until whomever unlocked it to take their things and then grab whats left. 

And if you are the one that unlocked it, dont be a damn loot goblin. Share. 

northofnowhere

There are politer ways to say things that need to be said.  Team killing on purpose should never be an option, if you can't teach someone, stop playing with them or report them, don't kill them.  Might also want to ask if everyone has an appropriate amount of gear for the map before starting the raid as well, if it is happening that much to you.  New folks don't get how team play is supposed to work, and there will always be new folks.  Be the teacher, groom the new folks as to the right way to play as a unit.  If you hit a brick wall, thats another story.

• Thanks 1

Haxwell
12 hours ago, northofnowhere said:

There are politer ways to say things that need to be said.  Team killing on purpose should never be an option, if you can't teach someone, stop playing with them or report them, don't kill them.  Might also want to ask if everyone has an appropriate amount of gear for the map before starting the raid as well, if it is happening that much to you.  New folks don't get how team play is supposed to work, and there will always be new folks.  Be the teacher, groom the new folks as to the right way to play as a unit.  If you hit a brick wall, thats another story.

Tarkov isn't "polite". Rules are simple. If you're afraid of getting team-killed by me, you know how to avoid it. This is a community with specific standards of team play related to Tarkov, when all variables are considered, there is absolutely no excuse for a UWS member to be: In labs, with a team, showcasing this kind of behavior. My initial content was clearly and obviously directed towards UWS members who have no excuses in this situation.

Edited by Haxwell

Balls_of_steel

I understand your frustration with this. I too have been on the side of having my kills looted before I get there, even while the firefight is still ongoing. I do have a couple issues with the policy you have offered, and these reflect our community’s code of conduct. 

#1.  Just because a team member brought in next to no gear (or even just a hatchet) doesn’t mean they are not permitted to collect loot. The loot I’m referring to is the general loot not found on kills from fellow team members, and this includes kills that the team stumbles upon during the raid. For example, I’ve had many matches where I’ve had team members who were peticularly skilled with handguns in their basic form. I feel like it is up to the team to evenly distribute found loot to each member. This should be done by communicating with each other (no silent loot goblins). If the team cannot handle such tasks like these, then I would suggest finding a different team. If you think the team is being unfair according to our code of conduct, then try to take photos or preferrably video of the events and submit them to a Sherpa or staff member.

#2.  This goes without saying. Teamkilling is not permitted in any situation that does not relate to self defense. You do not have permission from your community to teamkill a member over loot.  Document, and try to have other members witness the event. Let your Sherpas and staff members act according to our community rules. We’re here to resolve problems like this. 

Remember, we are all passionate about this game and the rewards it offers. We are still a community that works together and must abide by our rules. Don’t take the situation into your own hands, as hard as it might be. At the end of the day you may be the one in violation.

• Like 3

Vex
4 hours ago, Balls_of_steel said:

I understand your frustration with this. I too have been on the side of having my kills looted before I get there, even while the firefight is still ongoing. I do have a couple issues with the policy you have offered, and these reflect our community’s code of conduct. 

#1.  Just because a team member brought in next to no gear (or even just a hatchet) doesn’t mean they are not permitted to collect loot. The loot I’m referring to is the general loot not found on kills from fellow team members, and this includes kills that the team stumbles upon during the raid. For example, I’ve had many matches where I’ve had team members who were peticularly skilled with handguns in their basic form. I feel like it is up to the team to evenly distribute found loot to each member. This should be done by communicating with each other (no silent loot goblins). If the team cannot handle such tasks like these, then I would suggest finding a different team. If you think the team is being unfair according to our code of conduct, then try to take photos or preferrably video of the events and submit them to a Sherpa or staff member.

#2.  This goes without saying. Teamkilling is not permitted in any situation that does not relate to self defense. You do not have permission from your community to teamkill a member over loot.  Document, and try to have other members witness the event. Let your Sherpas and staff members act according to our community rules. We’re here to resolve problems like this. 

Remember, we are all passionate about this game and the rewards it offers. We are still a community that works together and must abide by our rules. Don’t take the situation into your own hands, as hard as it might be. At the end of the day you may be the one in violation.

Well said

rustyneedle_uk
4 hours ago, Balls_of_steel said:

Well said balls, cant really add to that. Exactly reprosents my response.  

On 1/12/2019 at 3:13 AM, Dredge said:

You forgot to mention keys. If someone unlocks the managers office they get first dibs on the items in there. Same for the other locked rooms. Dont just rush in and start taking everything. Wait until whomever unlocked it to take their things and then grab whats left. 

And if you are the one that unlocked it, dont be a damn loot goblin. Share. 

If you have key only. The room it unlocks is yours. Everything in it also.  But On the flip side. If you expect security from the team they deserve a share then or later.

If you both of have the key then. Decide before hand. Split it or take turns. ( me and my usual bunch take turns and honestly if an item isn't needed. Offer it to the team rather than flea market.) It's not a first come first serve situation.

And report people to the staff so they can be dealt with. Please don't team kill as you will find yourself on wrong side of rules.

Dredge
13 hours ago, rustyneedle_uk said:

Please don't team kill as you will find yourself on wrong side of rules.

Only if you leave witnesses 😉

Haxwell

Sorry but I'm sticking to my guns. I would hope that you would have recognized the nuance that obviously I'm not referring to people who are particularly skilled enough with a handgun that they can make it happen. When people literally contribute nothing, they deserve nothing. And if they are in there as a hatchet and myself and another team mate kill a raider and the hatchet immediately runs up to loot them, I'm team killing them. I don't care. So far I haven't had to kill anyone by just being very selective with who I go into raids with. And even MORE selective with who I go into Labs with.

Edited by Haxwell

Balls_of_steel
1 hour ago, Haxwell said:

Sorry but I'm sticking to my guns. I would hope that you would have recognized the nuance that obviously I'm not referring to people who are particularly skilled enough with a handgun that they can make it happen. When people literally contribute nothing, they deserve nothing. And if they are in there as a hatchet and myself and another team mate kill a raider and the hatchet immediately runs up to loot them, I'm team killing them. I don't care. So far I haven't had to kill anyone by just being very selective with who I go into raids with. And even MORE selective with who I go into Labs with.

Well, do not be surprised if your membership with this community is revoked due the first evidence of your wrongdoing. You’ve already shown intent of breaking our Code of Conduct.

The correct way to deal with these situations is to provide documention and report the issue to a sherpa or captain. We’ll be glad to punish members who rob loot from the community. We’re also just as motivated to punish those who wrongfully teamkill others in our community.

Teamkilling over loot is not permitted in UWS. If you have a problem with following the Code of Conduct that you’ve agreed to follow, then I suggest that you find another place for your gaming. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Vex
54 minutes ago, Balls_of_steel said:

Well, do not be surprised if you’re membership with this community is revoked due the first evidence of your wrongdoing. You’ve already shown intent of breaking our Code of Conduct.

The correct way to deal with these situations is to provide documention and report the issue to a sherpa or captain. We’ll be glad to punish members who rob loot from the community. We’re also just as motivated to punish those who wrongfully teamkill others in our community.

Teamkilling over loot is not permitted in UWS. If you have a problem with following the Code of Conduct that you’ve agreed to follow, then I suggest that you find another place for your gaming. 

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Glad you said it

Haxwell
2 hours ago, Balls_of_steel said:

Well, do not be surprised if your membership with this community is revoked due the first evidence of your wrongdoing. You’ve already shown intent of breaking our Code of Conduct.

I'll make sure not to enter into any raids with people I don't trust then, cheers.

AChildishKitten
On 1/20/2019 at 11:19 PM, Haxwell said:

I'll make sure not to enter into any raids with people I don't trust then, cheers.

You have to remember you are just playing a video game too man. I understand why you can get frustrated, but a lot of people have gear fear. That is exacerbated by it being labs and no insurance. If you want to play alone or with close friends, that's okay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1