H0tH34d

My Posted Got Deleted

H0tH34d

I posted in the Gallery about my Twitch Channel, as I had seen others do, and when I looked today, it had been removed. Can someone tell me why?

xEvinous

Probably because it doesn't belong there, and you've made three separate topics advertising your stream. I'd stick to one post in the game section you stream, and read the "UWS Twitch Streamers" post in the Members Section so you can become eligible to be added to the list

H0tH34d
1 hour ago, xEvinous said:

Probably because it doesn't belong there, and you've made three separate topics advertising your stream. I'd stick to one post in the game section you stream, and read the "UWS Twitch Streamers" post in the Members Section so you can become eligible to be added to the list

I actually only posted two.  The one in gallery was just saying that I had a channel. The one in the CoD section was because I am trying to get into competitive CoD again and was trying to get with others that do, as well.

As far as the proper section to post it: Others (at least one that I know of) have posted it there, as well. So, I though that was the proper section. Just wanted to know why it was just deleted and nothing said, instead of someone stating why it was wrong and then deleting. Just trying to figure it out.

SkullCracker
5 minutes ago, H0tH34d said:

The one in the CoD section was because I am trying to get into competitive CoD again and was trying to get with others that do, as well.

Not sure what that has to do with your Twitch channel. My opinion is that one must be part of this place for awhile before advertising their Twitch anything. And if you want it right away a small fee for advertising must be paid first. As I've said for over 8 years that a clan must be run like a business. If you let everyone just link this or that for their benefit what does the clan get out of it. Now if you were streaming on the UWS Twitch channel I'd say cool because the clan benefits from it.

H0tH34d
12 minutes ago, H0tH34d said:

I actually only posted two.  The one in gallery was just saying that I had a channel. The one in the CoD section was because I am trying to get into competitive CoD again and was trying to get with others that do, as well.

As far as the proper section to post it: Others (at least one that I know of) have posted it there, as well. So, I though that was the proper section. Just wanted to know why it was just deleted and nothing said, instead of someone stating why it was wrong and then deleting. Just trying to figure it out.

I also realize this may have sounded douchey and I did not mean for it to lol

• Like 1

H0tH34d
2 minutes ago, SkullCracker said:

Not sure what that has to do with your Twitch channel. My opinion is that one must be part of this place for awhile before advertising their Twitch anything. And if you want it right away a small fee for advertising must be paid first. As I've said for over 8 years that a clan must be run like a business. If you let everyone just link this or that for their benefit what does the clan get out of it. Now if you were streaming on the UWS Twitch channel I'd say cool because the clan benefits from it.

That would be a stupid policy to have. I am posting in a forum about gaming saying that I have a game streaming channel in case others wished to participate in watching it. Now, if I was asking to be put on the UWS channel, then yes, I should wait to be here for a good while before requesting such. However, that is not what I did. I simply stated I have a channel so that people could watch.

xEvinous
1 minute ago, H0tH34d said:

That would be a stupid policy to have. I am posting in a forum about gaming saying that I have a game streaming channel in case others wished to participate in watching it. Now, if I was asking to be put on the UWS channel, then yes, I should wait to be here for a good while before requesting such. However, that is not what I did. I simply stated I have a channel so that people could watch.

The thing you have to realize is you're a Trial member; You're new here, none of us really know you or have played with you yet, and it comes off like you're just spamming your Twitch stream, and not here for the "community" aspect. You posted three, one in the Art Section, one in the CoD, and one in the Members Discussion, all of them saying the same thing, to watch/follow. The only other Twitch channel I see advertised in the Art section is one, but it's an art/drawing channel, which relates to the section its posted in. In the sections rules it says " Advertising products, sites, clans and services not related to UWS is not allowed, unless you have been given direct permission from either Trunkz Jr. or Comrade. ", so I would assume it was deleted on those grounds, as it doesn't relate to Art, and it's advertising something that's not related to UWS, in that you're not a "UWS Streamer".

Obviously i'm not a moderator so this is just my interpretation, I imagine whoever actually deleted it will clarify at some point. Like I said before, I'd suggest making one topic, and then working on meeting the requirements to become a UWS streamer.

• Like 2

H0tH34d
1 minute ago, xEvinous said:

The thing you have to realize is you're a Trial member; You're new here, none of us really know you or have played with you yet, and it comes off like you're just spamming your Twitch stream, and not here for the "community" aspect. You posted three, one in the Art Section, one in the CoD, and one in the Members Discussion, all of them saying the same thing, to watch/follow. The only other Twitch channel I see advertised in the Art section is one, but it's an art/drawing channel, which relates to the section its posted in. In the sections rules it says " Advertising products, sites, clans and services not related to UWS is not allowed, unless you have been given direct permission from either Trunkz Jr. or Comrade. ", so I would assume it was deleted on those grounds, as it doesn't relate to Art, and it's advertising something that's not related to UWS, in that you're not a "UWS Streamer".

Obviously i'm not a moderator so this is just my interpretation, I imagine whoever actually deleted it will clarify at some point. Like I said before, I'd suggest making one topic, and then working on meeting the requirements to become a UWS streamer.

Again, I am not advertising the things you say. I am simply telling people that I stream sometimes and if they want to watch, that's cool. I have actually played with quite a few people. I have played with people from UWS and have been in the TS almost every single day since I joined. Again, I am not trying to be a jerk. I just don't understand why I can throw my link out there. I am not looking for affiliation, partnership, subscribers, hell, people don't even have to follow if they don't want to. That's the difference in what I am saying. Yes, the one in the Art section that I am referring to was originally looking for someone to make them a graphic, but if you look in the post, they specifically ask for followers. I have not.

xEvinous

I am simply telling people that I stream sometimes and if they want to watch, that's cool.

That's advertising, especially when its done three separate times

YchopperY

Please make sure to post in the correct section, if its related to Gallery then it makes sense for it to be there, if its related to just game play then we have many games sections for that. Regardless of your intention, if we constantly see anybody posting their twitch channel  in multiple places then it could be considered as spamming. I would recommend instead of posting your twitch channel, post some gameplay clips instead. It's more appealing than a link to a twitch channel. 

As for your question, I don't even see a history of that "deleted post" anywhere so I cant tell you who deleted it. Im assuming you commented on Colon's stream artwork request but I cant see a history of you posting there. 

moderationHistory.png

H0tH34d
16 minutes ago, YchopperY said:

As for your question, I don't even see a history of that "deleted post" anywhere so I cant tell you who deleted it. Im assuming you commented on Colon's stream artwork request but I cant see a history of you posting there. 

moderationHistory.png

It was a new, separate topic.

YchopperY
On 1/6/2019 at 7:25 PM, H0tH34d said:

It was a new, separate topic.

I honestly dont have a record of it so I cant tell you what happened , but like I said if its not advertising and its related to Gallery then feel free to post it again.