xxxREDEEMEDxxx

Doing something wrong? Not noob friendly at all

xxxREDEEMEDxxx

Hey folks. I appreciate accepting me into the community.

Hoping to get some pointers... I got the game yesterday... Mostly been TRYING SCAV runs on Factory to try to build up some cash and equipment. Messed around with my PMC throughout the day, 'practicing' on Factory offline against SCAVs.

So I thought, heck, why not.... I'll try a hatchet run that I've read about. I've tried 7 times and I've died all 7 times within the first 15 seconds... And I'm not even exaggerating. I believe at the hand of PMCs but, what do I know? I can't even tell the difference between a SCAV, Player SCAV or PMC in game.

Just wondering if someone would point me in a good direction for a beginner? Is there a better time to play where they aren't so keen on just killing a newbie?

Thanks

Redeemed

Maverick V6

EFT is a game that is ruthless. You wont find any handouts. I am sure that if you are polite and respectful, many of our members would be willing to bring you along for the adrenaline ride that EFT brings. I always suggest learning the maps to the best of your ability. Check out our player resources and play offline a bit with or without the AI enabled so you can learn the basic mechanics and get use to killing/surviving against AI. After you are successful with most of your matches then I would recommend playing online games as they will bring up the intensity even further. Don't be afraid of dying, and when you die, learn from your mistakes. Maybe you rushed into an area too quickly, possibly you were out of position, maybe you failed to bring the correct ammo for your 5.56 chambered rifle.....  It happens.  Many players within our community have been playing this game for years, and yet they/we still get our asses handed to us plenty of times. Don't get discouraged, don't be afraid to die, gear comes and goes. Get out there, learn from trial and error, hook up with some friends and enjoy the trials of EFT. 

xxxREDEEMEDxxx

Thanks Maverick. Not looking for handouts, just maybe some direction. 

There's a new players guide in the players resources section here. It states that SCAVS will only shoot at you if you shoot first. Is that still the case? It's certainly not the case in OFFLINE - PVE mode. But I'm asking about online modes in particular. 

Thanks for any help. 

Redeemed

Maverick V6
2 minutes ago, xxxREDEEMEDxxx said:

It states that SCAVS will only shoot at you if you shoot first.

That is assuming you are playing as a Scav.

As a PMC, online or offline a SCAV will try to shoot you on sight. 

xxxREDEEMEDxxx

Thank you, Sir! 

Haxwell
Posted (edited)

If I could give any one piece of advice on playing Tarkov, it'd be one word. Patience. A vast majority of my deaths can be attributed to lack of patience.

Edited by Haxwell

Dredge
On 1/6/2019 at 3:30 PM, Haxwell said:

If I could give any one piece of advice on playing Tarkov, it'd be one word. Patience. A vast majority of my deaths can be attributed to lack of patience.

Flip side, know when to be patient and when to push. Get into a fire fight, throw down some lead, move positions and push. Don't remain stationary. 

Haxwell
19 hours ago, Dredge said:

Flip side, know when to be patient and when to push. Get into a fire fight, throw down some lead, move positions and push. Don't remain stationary. 

Yeah, moreso worry about patience for after the firefight when you're thinkin about looting. Or just general patience in terms of movement across the map. A lot of my deaths related to patience are a case of sprinting and making too much noise. I'm still learning how to be more aggressive in firefights, so for that I'd defer to Dredge. He has PERFECT situational awareness. I know cuz I've played with him. It's really miraculous to witness.

Dredge
On 1/12/2019 at 4:29 PM, Haxwell said:

He has PERFECT situational awareness. I know cuz I've played with him. It's really miraculous to witness.

Except for all the times I get shot in the back of the head haha. "Ok...lets move up to FUCK, I'm dead" hahaha