Sign in to follow this  
Skinii

Battlestate Games is Getting Shady

Skinii

I want to start this off by clearly stating I am not trying to make anyone stop playing EFT in any way. I believe people should be informed about this whole ordeal currently unfolding with Battlestate Games (BSG)

Its a fairly long / intricate story but TL:DR (to the best of my knowledge)

A youtuber by the name of Eroktic was contacted by a source stating there was a vulnerability in BSG security which can lead to player accounts and information being leaked. Eroktic then tried to inform BSG of the issue but was met by BSG stating there was no such breach and everything was fine. However, they then proceeded to DMCA copyright strike the shit out of Eroktic's channel, seemingly striking whatever videos they felt had a negative view on EFT. They then followed this act by stating they "are monitoring the videos... and will make the final decision in each particular video (the strike will either remain or be removed)." So BSG went off and started striking videos without even confirming the videos were in any sort of copy right infringement....

Operator Drewski has released a fairly good summary video on this whole thing which can be viewed here. 

I also recommend watching a few vidoes from youtubers Bigfry and DevildogGamer which highlight more information on the subject.

In a turn of irony, DevildogGamer claims BSG does not have copyright license's  for a few of the weapons / attachments in EFT. So as BSG is flinging around claims of copyright issues, they themselves are in violation of this exact thing.

I spotted a few of our community members have had issues with losing their accounts and having a ban occur out of the blue, perhaps there is a bit of truth to the story.

Ultimately, as I mentioned previously, I am not trying to start any sort of boycott etc...I just feel the community should be aware of whats going on and look into this for yourselves.

• Like 1

GrinningZero

Thanks for the update! I'm a bit late on this, but knowing that there are potential security issues going on behind the scenes with player information is an important piece of info. 

Rin
Posted (edited)

To clarify a few things, DMCA usage is wrong as it involves an automated system set in place by youtube. Meaning if you get i think over 2 DMCAs for videos you lose access to your dashboard, While a take down notice or any other ways require a human input from youtubes side. BSG knew well what they were doing, They DMCA 48 videos. Now that is wrong and they abused a broken system.

The second part i would like to clarify is that DD didn't claim anything, HE was contacted by third parties (attachments etc) companies and got a sponsor because some players contacted those companies and told them about BSG and EFT and if they wanted to check more they linked to DDs youtube videos, DD came out and thanked those users for that because ultimately they gave him more job unintendedly.

If this thread doesn't turn into a lets bash and senselessly shame bsg then it will stay open as it's great to discuss somethings in a proper manner.

BSG always had a shady business scheme, It has fallen to my attention more than once that the way they take feedback is wrong, They revoked streamer keys because they pointed out issues with the game. They've banned people simply for having cheat engine opened (Not hooked) and while i understand this is a he said she said thing and everyone that gets banned by BSG will also receive a ban here as we cannot prove they didn't cheat it's still a bad thing (bad way to go). We also know for a fact BSG anti cheat use(d) to scan memory for traces of any illegal programs, Now that means it doesn't matter if you cheated or not as long as you had anything like cheat engine or a trainer for another game running (even if traces were left in memory) you were (are) guaranteed a ban. Which isn't fair i know but you get the idea. I could go more into detail about economics about the servers and how they will sustain them as an indie and i could go on about breaking down why their anti cheat wont work but i can nowadays simply point you towards other companies that had anti cheat issues like Rainbow 6 siege and the division.

Non-the-less, This is an enjoyable game and its getting there, I'll give it time to mature and it's never too late to fix all the above.
If im wrong on any of the above let me know it's been a while since i stopped following their forums and reddit.

@Maverick V6

Edited by Rin
Typos
  • Like 1

Maverick V6

If anyone wants to f/u on some of this, please do so on Reddit as all the info is there. You will her arguments from both sides. These topics, if you follow the game have been discussed at nauseum. Imho you are all entitled to be informed and you all can express your opinions as you desire. Keep it civil and polite. 

• Like 1