Maverick V6

Is it this bad?

XpNl

He has got some points.

Maps are fine by me. 

ItsCripz

He made some good points at the start about practice range, tides of war ect being missing on launch which was offically on the 20th. But I think 80% of the video is wrong and he is jumping on the bandwagan on EA hate. Ye BFV has problems don't get me wrong, but it also has some great features and upgrades from the previous games. I mean lets be honest name a Battlefield game that hasn't had problems at launch 😋

TexLS1

It’s not a perfect game and agree the points at the beginning are valid, but I’m liking it better than BF1. Although I absolutely hate that mountain map.

• Like 1

macgregor1964

All the issues he highlights are correct. White light,Vehicle 3rd person , auto spawn bombing in base, etc etc.( take a look in the BFV bugs thread ).The UI is badly broken. It is a little redundant to even rate a game if it takes a monumental effort just to get into it. In my opinion it appears they built this game with a skeleton crew of devs. In other words no appropriate allocation of funding to come up with anything other than what it is. This does not mean that it all can't be fixed. I am not holding my breath. Like i said in another forum,when they charge you 60$ , half of what previous versions were 120$ you are getting a substandard product because their number one objective is always going to be is to maximize profit. Not make less than before.Make more or at least the same top line. I am not an EA hater. i actually like the game but am more and more frustrated by the daily barrage of existing and new problems that EA/DICE know about,and are apparently "investigating". Just like the video states at the end. Reserve judgement after new content and this may be a 6 or 7. ???? 

• Like 1

SecretSquirrel43

While he makes some good points, most bugs for me are quite rare nowadays. After the Nov 14th patch, the only true bug I get is the company coin bug, and the vehicle turret bug. I have gotten the white light bug one time over nearly 3 days of playtime. Previous UI bugs are fixed for me, I can reset specializations just fine in between rounds. For me the UI isn't buggy, it just isn't designed well. Letting us redo specializations and assignments in game would be a god send. Cant speak for vehicle bugs since I dont use them.

I like pretty much every map, although it is hard to judge maps when they play very differently across game modes. Hamada in conquest is pretty bleh. Hamada in breakthrough is pretty good though.

With the ability to not switch teams, it makes joining games a bit harder. We have to join off squads and whatnot, and if the squad is full a person has to leave and make a new one so we can join off them. Otherwise we risk getting put on the other team and not being able to switch. Also joining off squad usually gives me an error and I have to then rejoin through Origin. Annoying. 4 man squads? Annoying. 

Autospawn in round = cancer. Though I hear its getting removed tomorrow so yay.

Gun balance. Across all classes besides medic, I feel it isn't that bad. Medic is gimped in most situations unless you are using Suomi/Thompson in CQC. While some guns could use some tuning (and the teaser patch notes for tomorrow make me a bit scared), after a couple weeks there isn't one gun that is my consistent killer (cough stermy wormy). Although fuck MMG's and how they promote camping.

People visibility. Man people seem to blend in too well in this game. Camo that actually fucking works and man its annoying. Fuck realism. Going prone in this game, especially on your back, makes you disappear to others unless you are really looking hard, or you look like a corpse. It promotes camping and unskilled gameplay.

Overall I like the game. A lot. It has a lot more depth to it then BF1, and I feel that it requires you to think more about your actions with the lower TTK. In BF1 I could go full fucking rambo and come out the winner. Not so much in this game. Fortifications are actually really cool, and can make defending a point much easier. However it needs some more polishing. If EA plays it right, it could be great. If not, it could be subpar. Time will tell.

Its called an Angry Review for a reason. and I think this game has gotten a lot of hate since before the Alpha for reasons that are insignificant And looking at the comments its pretty ridiculous. So many people hung up on the fact there are females when really I only notice it when they moan hella loud once every couple games. IDGAF about females, whatever transgender BS they want to say, or the fact that I can put skins on my gun. If I wanted a very realistic experience I would play EFT. And camp in bushes and corners.  😉  

I think EA has a plan for this game, and for the first time we have somewhat of a roadmap in BF with Tides of War. It's refreshing and makes me think they will keep on trying to work on the game, rather than just put out some maps every couple months with BF1. 

Maybe my standards have gotten worse. People talk about bugs in a triple-AAA game and how they haven't launched a finished game. But shit it feels like nearly every game now has lots of bugs at launch and has content not released yet, or it is in early-access/beta for several years. or maybe I am a BF fanboy idk.

Brien

Didn't even include the worst parts (bugs, hit reg, comeback mechanic, and vehicle imbalance ) and still pooped on it. crazy to see EA stock at 84 dollars when people were freaking out when it was at 109 a few months ago. honestly could see EA pulling the plug on dice for the foreseeable future including BFV dlc, too much of a liability

Edited by Brien

Col-Squirrel
23 hours ago, Brien said:

Didn't even include the worst parts (bugs, hit reg, comeback mechanic, and vehicle imbalance ) and still pooped on it. crazy to see EA stock at 84 dollars when people were freaking out when it was at 109 a few months ago. honestly could see EA pulling the plug on dice for the foreseeable future including BFV dlc, too much of a liability

All stocks are taking a hit, across the board. And no, EA is not pulling the plug on DICE, they are still making them bank on games.

6 hours ago, macgregor1964 said:

This about sums it up..

The patch was delayed one day, ONE DAY, and people were flipping out like its the end of the world.  You want a terrible launch experience, take a look at Fallout 76 and Just Cause 4.  Want a terrible patch experience, Fortnite has that one covered, with Epic constantly disabling things in game because they broke it in a patch.

Plus, there is still another patch coming in December, as they are currently on a patch every two weeks launch schedule.

macgregor1964

@Col-Squirrel Yeah sometimes these review's can be a little dramatic. Conversely , sometimes people pump the game status prematurely, prior to any release/patch. You don't know what you don't know.We will see what the state of game is AFTER the upcoming patch (s)  etc. I thought the reviewer was fair/funny and clearly likes the game (not a ubiquitous hater ).

Wolfesscythe

I don't know if a lot of the people responding here are doing so with rose colored glasses, or if I'm really just missing the picture.

There's pretty much -nothing- I like about BFV. BF1 was better, and there was a lot I hated about BF1. I'm wanting... Expecting something like BF3 or BF4, and they disappoint. Every. Fucking. Time. Hell, I even had more fun with Hardline, and -everyone- classifies that game as a disaster.

The lower TTK makes the game extremely fucking annoying to play. Now, don't get me wrong, I like quick TTK in certain games. I enjoy the shit out of Hardcore in BF4. I even enjoyed Hardcore in previous Battlefields. But the ridiculously quick TTK gives you little to -no- opportunity to fight back against anyone that gets the jump on you, and then you're waiting 10-20 seconds to respawn, and that shit just isn't fun. I'll admit I'm not the best at FPS games, though I do significantly better in COD, Siege, OW, etc; than I do in Battlefield.

There's nothing about this game that feels epic, as previous games have. Hell, I don't know if I've ever gotten in a fucking tank, even. They seem so irrelevant, anyway. I agree mostly with what Joe has said, though I feel like 5/10 is generous.

Is Black Ops 4 made a conquest mode, Battlefield would be irrelevant.

My rating: 3/10. 

mfranca915
7 hours ago, Col-Squirrel said:

...Want a terrible patch experience, Fortnite has that one covered, with Epic constantly disabling things in game because they broke it in a patch.

Fortnite ruined themselves when they started adding in a random purple cube that will add health/shield or kill you instantly 😂

Usually adding content consistently in a game is a good thing, but they over did it by adding in non-sense that shouldn't have been there. 

@Col-Squirrel

Rin
2 hours ago, mfranca915 said:

Fortnite ruined themselves when they started adding in a random purple cube that will add health/shield or kill you instantly 😂

Usually adding content consistently in a game is a good thing, but they over did it by adding in non-sense that shouldn't have been there. 

@Col-Squirrel

There is also a limit on how many updates people can take, Over updating is bad, not updating much is also bad.

When you start adding crap nobody asked for just for the sake of "We have updated our privacy policy" type of deal spamming people then welp.

Rin
5 hours ago, Wolfesscythe said:

I don't know if a lot of the people responding here are doing so with rose colored glasses, or if I'm really just missing the picture.

There's pretty much -nothing- I like about BFV. BF1 was better, and there was a lot I hated about BF1. I'm wanting... Expecting something like BF3 or BF4, and they disappoint. Every. Fucking. Time. Hell, I even had more fun with Hardline, and -everyone- classifies that game as a disaster.

The lower TTK makes the game extremely fucking annoying to play. Now, don't get me wrong, I like quick TTK in certain games. I enjoy the shit out of Hardcore in BF4. I even enjoyed Hardcore in previous Battlefields. But the ridiculously quick TTK gives you little to -no- opportunity to fight back against anyone that gets the jump on you, and then you're waiting 10-20 seconds to respawn, and that shit just isn't fun. I'll admit I'm not the best at FPS games, though I do significantly better in COD, Siege, OW, etc; than I do in Battlefield.

There's nothing about this game that feels epic, as previous games have. Hell, I don't know if I've ever gotten in a fucking tank, even. They seem so irrelevant, anyway. I agree mostly with what Joe has said, though I feel like 5/10 is generous.

Is Black Ops 4 made a conquest mode, Battlefield would be irrelevant.

My rating: 3/10. 

Might be their attempt to slow down the game. I don't think this can be done with fictional stats on guns, If they stuck on a more realistic damage models where tanks didn't feel so underpowered, Planes didn't feel so indestructible (unless you fully upgrade your guns) etc maybe. In general the whole game model is whats causing them to fuck themselves over. Re-design your gameplay a bit.

I also agree there is a lot of features missing from previous battlefields. 

Good direction to add those "building" mechanics too but you could have done a lot more with it.

SecretSquirrel43
10 hours ago, mfranca915 said:

@Col-Squirrel

Yah with fortnite I feel it's updated too much. Every two weeks or so something is changed and they keep adding more different and weirder things, it feels so different each time I play.

Brien
21 hours ago, macgregor1964 said:

@Col-Squirrel Yeah sometimes these review's can be a little dramatic. Conversely , sometimes people pump the game status prematurely, prior to any release/patch. You don't know what you don't know.We will see what the state of game is AFTER the upcoming patch (s)  etc. I thought the reviewer was fair/funny and clearly likes the game (not a ubiquitous hater ).

Agreed. The people you hear are either die hard fan boys that cannot hear 1 word of criticism or hate monger that destroys the game. I of course am completely unbiased 😉 . Now let us be frank, is this a AAA quality game? No. Can you buy a AAA quality game in the fps genre today? Maybe CSGO but that is a different sub-genre. Games like BF and COD that are across all systems with many modes have gone down in quality due to increased output of games. If you look at Dice's resume you will seen a huge increase in games since BF4, with nearly 1 a year. Before they had several years for each game, and even then had issues. Therefore to rate this game you must have 2 ratings, 1 that is absolute and the other is relative to its current peers.

Absolute, this game is really bad: barely any content, bugs bugs and more bugs, and questionable concepts that make the game lackluster. If BF1942 was this, Dice would have died with it. Now relative to its peers it is middling if not slightly above average. Games like COD and Fallout are currently much worse in aspects that are game breaking. BFV has moments of quality, such as Arras. However they can and have been ruined by the problems previously stated. Do not forget that we are community, we would have fun together playing pick up sticks let alone a mediocre video game. I played BF1 for a month before quitting on launch, then picked it up for the last 9 months with UWS and had a great time. That leads me to my main point, when discussing a video game you cannot do it from the filter of being in a cool community like UWS, but as an average player who is playing by themselves for the majority of their time (this also means slowly getting upgrades, unlocks, not knowing maps as fast, etc). To be fair I think I would have quit BFV before launch (starting 2 weeks prior) if I was alone.

Can Dice fix these issues? Sure but can/will they? Who knows. The next patch will say a lot and it will even determine whether I want to pay for this game as I am still on the premier access. But as I see the sneak peek that aftermath posted, I am not impressed so far.

Edited by Brien
  • Like 1

Minos

BFV just seems really out of place if you ask me.  It has features that I really love like the controllable recoil patterns, no random bullet deviation, and scrapping many "casual" mechanics from BF1.  Yet, I still feel this game simply is not a finished product.  Much like I felt BF1, Hardline and 4 were not at launch.  BF1 and Hardline lacked content, BF4 lacked any sort of polish, BFV I feel lacks both.  This game has lots of bugs, an atrocious interface in the menus, and the amount of content at launch is pretty slim with WAY to much reliance on this ToW model.  The fact that not even one month after release, we are already putting so much weight on the first update just shows me that this game wasn't ready at launch, leaving current players wanting for much more  way too soon.

I personally think that Battlefield truly thrives in a modern or future setting after playing these last two titles.  They just are so less limited to content for their game with modern tech that I think it easily fixes the problem regarding content.  Ultimately, I think I will be skipping out on BFV for now (might pick up later on sale and when ToW is farther in, if it actually makes the game better) and playing some other games.  Insurgency Sandstorm is set to come out next week, so I might just spend my money there since they are a much smaller Indie team that I think truly cares and are very passionate about what they are making and their community .  They don't have some company Juggernaut like EA overseeing every decision they make for the game either.  Hopefully DICE can get back on the right track either as BFV moves on, or with the next BF title they release in the future.  

• Like 1