Hubbell13

Upgrading to EOD

Hubbell13

I bought the standard edition so i could test out the game and see if i like it. Well, totally fell in love with the game and tossing around the idea of upgrading to EOD. Wanted peoples thoughts and Pros/Cons?

Thanks!

Rin
1 hour ago, Hubbell13 said:

I bought the standard edition so i could test out the game and see if i like it. Well, totally fell in love with the game and tossing around the idea of upgrading to EOD. Wanted peoples thoughts and Pros/Cons?

Thanks!

Pros everything it says on it's description

Cons
*You will have less money IRL as it's costy
*You will eventually be able to upgrade to the same things it provides by playing.

Hubbell13
Just now, Rin said:

Pros everything it says on it's description

Cons
*You will have less money IRL as it's costy
*You will eventually be able to upgrade to the same things it provides by playing.

I saw that you are  able to grind for the Epsilon container which is just a different style than the gamma. But does your "stash" size get bigger as you lvl up?

Rin
34 minutes ago, Hubbell13 said:

I saw that you are  able to grind for the Epsilon container which is just a different style than the gamma. But does your "stash" size get bigger as you lvl up?

I don't think it Currently does but i haven't been kept in the loop for a while, They said you'll be able to level your stash size yes.

@Maverick V6 you would know best.

Joehockey

@Hubbell13 Your biggest and IMO ONLY Con, is that you will have to Reset/Wipe your account back to the beginning for EOD to "update". So, if you have put a fair bit of time into the game and leveled up a fair bit, unless you want to redo all of that to get back to where you are now, I would wait until the next scheduled wipe. Just my two cents as I did the same thing you are considering and had to grind my way back to lvl 20 after the reset.

Ern1e
6 hours ago, Hubbell13 said:

But does your "stash" size get bigger as you lvl up?

BSG sometimes increase the stash size with major content updates. You will be able to increase your stash size in the furture, I don't when this will happen.

Xsolla applies discounts, VAT/tax and system fees in an odd way. This was with the black friday deal https://old.reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/9zicaq/i_always_thought_about_upgrading_to_support_this/ 

Edited by Ern1e

Hubbell13
19 minutes ago, Joehockey said:

@Hubbell13 Your biggest and IMO ONLY Con, is that you will have to Reset/Wipe your account back to the beginning for EOD to "update". So, if you have put a fair bit of time into the game and leveled up a fair bit, unless you want to redo all of that to get back to where you are now, I would wait until the next scheduled wipe. Just my two cents as I did the same thing you are considering and had to grind my way back to lvl 20 after the reset.

I'm only lvl 10ish currently.  The grind wont bother me as thats the part of the game i love! Thanks for the info.

I heard other reports that you no longer have to reset your profile, as all EOD items and upgrades come to you via messages?

Ern1e
24 minutes ago, Hubbell13 said:

I heard other reports that you no longer have to reset your profile, as all EOD items and upgrades come to you via messages?

It was a change in the 10.5 patch.

"Now when the pre-order pack is improved, the difference in equipment will be sent via game mail, if the player already has an account. Stash size increases automatically. You may need to go out and enter the game again."Source

Hubbell13
52 minutes ago, Maverick V6 said:

You can not upgrade your stash size in game yet. That is to be introduced next year some time with the hideout system. 

Your referring to increasing stash size by lvl'ing up in game, Correct? Not that you cant increase stash size after upgrading game editions?

Hubbell13

Whoops.......To late, Upgraded over the weekend. Don't mind paying a little more to help the production of the game.

Got a buddy back into EFT, so its been fun showing him the ropes and getting him into the game.  Is there a referral link i can send my friend? Or just have him go to the website and apply for membership?

Thanks!