mfranca915

Black Ops 4 main game and community events?

mfranca915

Has there been any thought of making Black Ops 4 one of the main games for UWS? There has been a decent increase of players coming to UWS Teamspeak for the game. Plus they have custom games mode and as a community event we could play a game of just melee/combat axe for prizes or for fun; something funny like that. Some of us already tried the melee and combat axe custom match and it was pretty enjoyable and hilarious. Just curious on the idea.

• Thanks 1

SkynetDotCom

The HATCHET and knife match we played was amazing. Super fun!!!!

Minos

I don't know how much talk there has been for BO4 becoming a main game, but I think its definitely possible.  I mean, we already have a dedicated section on ts which is great.    I've been bumping this post https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4/UWS-United-We-Stand-Est-2003-PC-Only/m-p/10870167/highlight/false#M1945  as well as putting LFG posts on this site https://ftw.in/game/call-of-duty-black-ops-4 to recruit more players and it seems to be helping.   The LFG site seems to help a lot considering I can only bump the Bo4 forums post once a day.  So, if anyone wants to help recruit even more players, making posts on that site would be greatly appreciated.  As for this being supported as a main UWS game with events and such, that would be up to  @Trunkz Jr and if he thinks its a good idea to support the game further.  I for one think it would be a really smart idea since BO4 is a VERY popular game right now and its a good opportunity to gather some new people to the clan.  

Also, if we were to make this a main game, I think some events like the TOMAHAWK 😉@SkynetDotCom) and knife match would be a really fun idea.

• Thanks 1

mfranca915

I'll start trying to gather people up as well 👍

Trunkz Jr

Are you suggesting to be the first Captain for the game @Minos as we have no staff for the game, and if it’s still successful you can be the Game Admin for it and bring in some more Captains to help run it. Even tho some of these guys are new everyone has an opportunity to grow in this community or just be a chill member it’s really up to them but if you really love COD then the biggest thing is to recruit and grow the community for it. You do get awards for doing this, and once we implement our new system you’ll benefit even more.

Events aren’t a problem at all we usually do say steam cards for winners and runner ups unless we get a huge turn out. I’m not sure how running your own server works (can we host it from our server box or do we rent it like how EA rents out BF servers?) I haven’t played COD since the original BO and before that it was COD4 + COD5: WaW but yeah Events regardless can be done for this game. 

mfranca915

Servers aren't ran like a server list anymore unfortunately so paying for a server specifically for UWS can't be done. It's just a matchmaking system that will group players up and throw them into a match by a player being the host for the game. They don't have dedicated servers sadly and hopefully that changes at some point. @Trunkz Jr

I'd also be willing to help out with a captain position to help the COD game out within the UWS community to grow with Minos. I know I just joined recently but I figured I would put the word out there for future reference. @Minos @Trunkz Jr

Edited by mfranca915

Trunkz Jr

That sounds great @mfranca915 it would definitely help the COD community grow. Once your trial is finished (which is 2 weeks after being accepted as a trial) I can see you up, normally we wait longer but for new games with no staff I don’t mind giving people a chance. 

If we can’t do events like that, maybe one of you can find something out. I know it’s possible to download BF1942 for free and host a server, is it possible to do this for say COD 1/2/3 and host say a 1v1 knife fight tournament or pistol tournament, etc?

mfranca915

Awesome! Thank you for the opportunity once my trial is over 👍 Also, CoD 1/2 are still about 10 to 20 bucks on Steam besides CoD 3 cause it was never released on PC. No way of getting them for free unless you got a cracked torrent download which isn't really worth it and too much work. Private custom matches should work fine for events or tournaments on Black Ops 4 unless you are worrying about the way the server is hosted for latency reasons since they aren't dedicated. @Trunkz Jr

Minos

I'd be willing to take up the role as a Bo4 captain for now and  help recruit alongside @mfranca915 once he becomes a full member.  

As for events, they should be really easy to do in BO4 considering anyone can make a custom lobby for free.  Not sure what the player count is for them, but we could always set up a tournament style for events.  

mfranca915

lets get it!!!! 👍😁 @Minos

Yea, I think I was confusing the layout of how things are ran with public matches and private custom matches too much with how I was saying it lol 

Trunkz Jr
1 hour ago, Minos said:

I'd be willing to take up the role as a Bo4 captain for now and  help recruit alongside @mfranca915 once he becomes a full member.  

As for events, they should be really easy to do in BO4 considering anyone can make a custom lobby for free.  Not sure what the player count is for them, but we could always set up a tournament style for events.  

Okay, just make sure to fill out an app , it should be after the Members section when scrolling down on the forums. 

Flondor

I would definitely be interested in helping the Black Ops Community grow. I've been with UWS for over a year now so if you want someone to keep tabs on things I wouldn't mind helping out and getting involved a little more. I would definitely like to see a competitive team if that is possible at all. I know they're going to have a feature in-game apparently for competitive play with no need for a 3rd party website. When they will add it is beyond me but the reason they didn't add a campaign is because the game is focused on Esports this time.   @Trunkz Jr

• Like 1

SkynetDotCom

It's still looking good here. we still have a core group of players that play daily. still think we are picking up recruits I believe

mfranca915

Yes, there has been a decent amount of new players coming through and playing with one of the groups that are being ran which is usually a core group on channel #1 or hardcore at the Sweat Lodge channel. Occasionally some roamers in the Blackout channel as well. We also had a full game (10 players) on custom match for combat knife and throwing axe only free-for-all running as well this past week 👍 Good sessions and growth I would say.