Popups4Life86

Tips and Tricks for BG

Popups4Life86

Seems like I cant get a handle on this game.  As hard as I try not to die I always get negative.  I try to switch up play style play less aggressive more aggressive but nothing is working.  Tried all classes.... I dont know I leave the game all pissed I get most excited if i get the same amount of kills than deaths but just cant get to the point where im positive consistently even though I have put hours in the game trying to practice.  Any help will be appreciated or it might just be time for me to just quit the franchise.  I just cant wrap my head when i shoot someone with a mp 18 get several hit markers and die from 1 pistol shot.

SecretSquirrel43

It's pretty hard to give out tips for you specifically if I don't have any gameplay but I can give you general shit. 

Look at your map. Like a lot. Im constantly looking at it when I'm running around, taking a half a second to take a glance and see where enemies are

Map knowledge. Know where the head glitches are, where the chokepoints are, where snipers and bipod lmgs are prone to lurk

Use angles and cover to your advantage. When you engage someone you want to be exposing the least amount of you possible. Shoot next to a corner so if shit goes south you can bail. Peak over hills, use debris, whatever you can do. Never run out across open areas. When on maps like amiens I avoid the big roads at all costs. If I'm running from one area to another I am running up along walls or using the natural terrain to make sure I am as unseen as possible.

Don't blind check shit. When going into rooms don't sprint, have your gun out and make sure you check its clear.

While you can be successful playing both aggressive and passive, I find I alternate between playstyles based on the situation. Open maps I tend to play more passively since snipers and bipod lmgs are more common. Amiens and Argonne I play more aggressive as there is more cover and with denser enemies, its easier to bring the fight to them first.

kk5

Generally practice the maps to learn them and the general flow of players. I would recommend starting off with medic with one of the higher ammo weapons like m1907 or autoloading .25 extended.  Just going to where fights are and hanging a tad back you can generally get enough points from healing and revives to place high. You might be too busy to even get to shoot the enemy but those weapons are very new player friendly.  Really helps to play with a good squad that communicates well. 

Gunplay in BF1 is a tad odd. It's nice because bullets have physics and all but you also have to deal with bloom that's not well indicated when aiming, suppression effects, with sometimes unusual damage values and drop offs. Like most bolt action rifles have sweetspots where it's a one shot to the body to kill at a certain range, how accuracy changes over fire time differently on certain weapons. 

Client side lag (video card/cpu) compounds any server side lag (ping/packet loss). Getting your system settings correct will really improve how the game feels. Some bad options are turned on by default like motion blur and chromatic aberration and there are also a load of useful options that are turned off by default like having degrees marked on your compass. 

Brien

When picking a class and the loadout you should make it so it fits what you are trying to accomplish ( long, mid, short range, kill tanks, battle medic, etc). Most BF1 maps have little to no cover between points so if you have issues with that you can always play defense/anticipate where the enemy will go and wait there to get kills based on positioning more than aim.  Find guns and gadgets that work for you. Use the common player as bait, diversion, etc. 

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us