R3D34GL3

U know its not the games or ur teams fault.

R3D34GL3

I mean i have been playing I have been trying but there is an edge....

Its not the gamez fault that u are bad....

U did not get a bad copy of the game.. Shroud has the same copy.

UR team is not stupid ppl that wish u harm.....

The gun works fine u just dont know how to use it.....

Its not the trees fault that u threw a nade and it bounced back to u....

Its not the games fault that u forgot that u dont have smoke an u threw a nade at u team....

Its not the games fault that u cannot use ur mouse to pick up a gun....

Its not the games fault thau picked a bad lockation to drop and there is no guns......

Its not ur teams fault that u died first.....

Its alllll youuuuuu

MetroHulk

IT IS THE TREE'S FAULT

R3D34GL3

That was funny. But we had a laugh. So now i guess u r making sure no branches in the way.

R3D34GL3

I dont know may be because of sports but if my team lost we never blamed the grass or the ball or the referee etc. We would say we are bad and go practice some more 2x as much. We would figure out weather or not it was conditioning tactics or skill and we would double down on training to eliminate our flaws. Problem is nobody gets on and says ok whats the goal and how do we get there. Lets practice a bit. Hotdrops. Long jumps. Holding buildings. Moving with vehicles. Being early being late in circle. 

It seems that players are not sure what they want out of the experience of playing Pubg.

AllDayJose

pretty sure its all reds fault

Dutchie

Pretty sure it's all on them Europeans right Red? Or was it on the people from the States? I can't remember.

Cashe

may be because of sports but if my team lost we never blamed

and ...

We would say we are bad and go practice some more 2x as much

All good right?  Except in sports you have rules, and plays, and teamwork.  Not so in PUBG, where it seems to be anarchy and chaos in the absence of teamwork. 

Don't know what sport you're referring to, but let's say basketball.  If every guy grabbed the ball and "acted like there weren't any teammates to execute with", and tried to take it every time to make a basket, that player's team (if they didn't kill that player) would at least lose badly. 

I posted some "playbook" fundamentals in another thread, got *crickets*.  So started playing Solo more, so at least when I'm on my own (no teamwork being employed) I at least know that I'm not up alone against 2, 3, or 4 members of a Squad who are actually playing like a team.  At worst, it's just 1v1.  Whereas when I'm in a Squad with no teamwork and everyone just runs off to loot and go Rambo solo, I'm 1v2, 1v3, or 1v4.

I really enjoy group gaming more than anything, always have, but this game in particular, the teamwork is not where it needs to be.  In contrast, I'm frequently facing "enemies who are playing shoulder to shoulder", who are "clearly playing as a team."  It's unbalanced when your own team is playing as if solo and 1vX.  I don't blame the game, I blame the absence of teamwork in Squad gaming.  So I posted some fundamentals in another thread to start a dialogue - to do as someone said in this thread; to take some actions.  But instead we get the points in the opening post in this thread, like a slap in the face with a dead fish.

fish-slapping-dance-t-shirt.jpg

Edited by Cashe

DocShady

At the end of the day, its about having fun, not winning.  Thats all I give a crap about anyway.  Feels great to win and all but when you start treating it as more then a game, it stops being fun.

Cashe

Not heard that before... and before that... honestly.

Notwithstanding, the basics of teamwork in PUBG squads = more fun (or any fun).  From what I hear, some operate as teams more than others, and have more successes.  I bet they're having more fun by doing so.

Bottom line is … if players venture out in Squad mode and run off alone as Solo players to loot, time and again for the duration of matches (for all intents and purposes off loot whoring and "finding themselves alone" whenever confronting another Squad who more often IS practicing the basics of teamwork at all), thereby creating a pseudo-Squad of 4 players off on their own Solo, (creating 4 individual 1v4 situations) … that's a recipe for Fail.  Fail = Fun?  No.

Cashe

Now I played with various people here, and when running in pseudo-Solo Squad mode (perpetuating the "absent teamwork" that I often see in FPP games), I hear it from them, they're calling out, "hey, that isn't teamwork when you do that," and I'm standing there going, "well yeah, but everyone does it."  They're calling out the lack of teamwork as if the standards of basic teamwork is higher when they play with others.  I don't doubt that, given that I also observe the absence of teamwork (in FPP), and frankly welcome their comments when I hear them.  Music to my ears.  The purpose of my post in the other thread, with bullets of some basics, is to try to level or balance the basics of teamwork that we can enjoy, for fun gaming.  Running into walls "consistently" in 1v4 situations because our teammates always run off to loot and leave us in the 1vX situation time and again … that's just frankly … well, you know.  Surely we can do better.  Apparently some do around here.