Col-Squirrel

Post Beta Information

Col-Squirrel
3 hours ago, Brien said:

Where are the big selling points of BFV? I like to see the little tweaks they are doing by taking the better stuff from 1 and 4 but nothing that sells the game to me. They better start releasing more info (especially changes/improvements) or I fear this game will not do well. Asking a few friends that don't play BF1 (csgo, dota, etc) and all they know is that is SJW related and was delayed with no interest. This is concerning as the DLC is free so Dice/EA is banking on the playerbase being big enough to keep the money flowing with cosmetics, which I so far is spray painted parts that you can earn after a few games anyways.

It's almost like you didn't read any of the past posts, here's the road map to when they'll be talking about everything in BFV, classes and combat roles this week, weapons next week, etc. etc. 

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/battlefield-5-countdown-to-launch

And the big selling points have been talked about and posted numerous times over the past few months. 

Brien
3 hours ago, Col-Squirrel said:

It's almost like you didn't read any of the past posts, here's the road map to when they'll be talking about everything in BFV, classes and combat roles this week, weapons next week, etc. etc. 

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/battlefield-5-countdown-to-launch

And the big selling points have been talked about and posted numerous times over the past few months. 

None of these things mean anything to me, nothing is exciting and new. Just the stuff from BF4 and BF1 repackaged and expecting me to get hype by seeing things as basic as guns will get nowhere with a casual. Not to mention one of the few "new" things is the battle royale mode (past games showed non conquest modes don't have good populations) and Cod has a lot of hype around their version that comes out in a few weeks. BF1 excited me with the never before seen WW1 background, behemoths (were cool for a month sadly), and just a well done PR campaign. BF5 is just another WW2 game that has an awful PR approach, nothing innovative, cool, or new to hook players for the purchase and then keeping them with amazing gameplay (which the beta did not have). Besides BF fanboys I haven't heard good things from potential buyers and even the youtube schills that support every game have turned with the backlash.

Col-Squirrel

Info on Paratrooper sets you get for preordering BFV:

u8a9nyg3eoo11.png

• Like 1

Trunkz Jr

Nice, I like that so I can take what I like from there and mix and match with other sets I like.

ranchitup
21 hours ago, Brien said:

None of these things mean anything to me, nothing is exciting and new. Just the stuff from BF4 and BF1 repackaged and expecting me to get hype by seeing things as basic as guns will get nowhere with a casual. Not to mention one of the few "new" things is the battle royale mode (past games showed non conquest modes don't have good populations) and Cod has a lot of hype around their version that comes out in a few weeks. BF1 excited me with the never before seen WW1 background, behemoths (were cool for a month sadly), and just a well done PR campaign. BF5 is just another WW2 game that has an awful PR approach, nothing innovative, cool, or new to hook players for the purchase and then keeping them with amazing gameplay (which the beta did not have). Besides BF fanboys I haven't heard good things from potential buyers and even the youtube schills that support every game have turned with the backlash.

It's still too early to make gross assumptions about the final state of the game. Apparently everyone on the internet has become marketing experts since the first reveal of the BFV trailer. Solid PR and hype doesn't always equate to a good game. There are countless examples of that fallacy.  I personally find the constant "backlash" towards BFV tiresome and aimlessly spiteful. There are plenty of people who have enjoyed the alpha, beta, and will continue to enjoy BFV as it progresses.

But I do hope you can find an upcoming game that you consider exciting and new.

• Like 2

Col-Squirrel

It may be the weekend, but theres new info!

New cover art:

zguzvc9tq1p11.png?width=1024&s=0a2b07c6c

New weapons and gadgets confirmed by it:

• M1911A1
  • Inglis “Chinese Contract” Browning Hi-Power
  • M9 Bazooka
  • M1 Garand
  • M1928 Thompson

XpNl

Col-Squirrel

Cool little details that DICE love to add to their games. Inside plane cockpits the dials and everything realistically react to how the plane is flying. Plus on the 2nd Narvik map up in the mountains you can actually see the 1st map:

Plus when crushing cars with tanks, or even just shooting out tires, the suspensions react realistically:

XpNl

• Like 1

Trunkz Jr

Damn the Legacy Theme is pretty nice.

• Like 1

kk5

I think most people agree the soundtracks of the battlefield series have almost always been fantastic. Glad to see them keeping with that trend. 

• Like 2

ranchitup

Edited by ranchitup
fixed links

ranchitup

"Find out what Specializations are available for one of the most iconic WW2 tanks."

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/vehicle-specializations-panzer-iv-battlefield-5

panzerivspectree-web.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.

"Explore gun improvements as we climb the branches of one of the primary weapon trees."

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/weapon-specializations-emp-battlefield-5

emdspectree-web.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w

Edited by ranchitup
fixed links

Zer0Wulf

Really still don’t like how they did the weapon specializations. Without any downsides, new players are gonna get rekt. 

• Like 1

kk5

From what I read I think their idea is to give an upgraded or semi upgraded weapon to new players.  I still don't know if this is really going to fix the problem they were mentioning about people only took a few attachment loadouts per weapons in bf4. Sounds like instead of 3 or 4 load out choices being popular its just going to be one or two. 

ranchitup
2 hours ago, Zer0Wulf said:

Really still don’t like how they did the weapon specializations. Without any downsides, new players are gonna get rekt. 

"Note that if you’re new to Battlefield V, Specializations should never make you feel that you’re at a disadvantage compared to seasoned players. That’s why the four starter weapons (one per class) have Specializations unlocked from the get-go. These starter weapons will initially be on Rank 0. At Rank 4, you can go back and re-spec them as you see fit."

It's at least a little bit of a cushion for new players.

• Like 1

5.1DisplaySystem

I have to agree with @Zer0Wulf. I understand as devs they need to add progression systems etc. But it just doesn't seem logical to me to reward more experienced (hardcore more likely) players with better weapons. The idea that players will feel they are naturally dominating more and more when in reality they just have an unfair advantage over other players. Why not just give everyone the ability to customize their weapons as they like and reward players with skins and whatnot (although I could care less).

I just want an authentic, realistic and fair competitive experience with shooting games.

You dont see this a lot with other multiplayer genres tbh. For example, in FIFA you're players dont magically get better when playing online. It's all down to level of skill, stragety/tactics etc.

Edited by 5.1DisplaySystem
  • Like 1

Col-Squirrel
7 hours ago, Zer0Wulf said:

• Thanks 1