Col-Squirrel

Post Beta Information

Col-Squirrel

So starting today, details of changes coming from the Beta will be coming out from DICE Devs, along with a new Dev Talk coming really soon.  I'll update this thread as new details come out.

To start off, changes to how explosions effect your screen:

Next up, heat maps galore, from player movement to a view of where people aimed from and then fired V1's and JB-2's to:

Then a look at where fortifications were built on Rotterdam:

Notice B is lacking quite a bit? Well that's because the white house couldn't be fortified before.  Now it can!

and a bonus, ready for a new map, here is Arras!

• Thanks 1

Zer0Wulf

SMH, that last map is small dude, spread it out!!!!!!!!! They now have limb penetration active too, where if a player had a limb in front of their face and you shot their head, before it would be a low damage limb hit. Now, the bullet will penetrate the limb and count as a headshot.

Plus, i bet that short JB-2 launch was mine, got a video of it when called in on mac's tank from very close distance. I sat in a building very close when it hit too lol.

Col-Squirrel
6 minutes ago, Zer0Wulf said:

SMH, that last map is small dude, spread it out!!!!!!!!! They now have limb penetration active too, where if a player had a limb in front of their face and you shot their head, before it would be a low damage limb hit. Now, the bullet will penetrate the limb and count as a headshot.

It's not really that small, but the Africa maps will be the ones if you want huge open field maps with lots of tanks:

w5mc1sict0m11.png

and you're right forgot to post this:

and more heat maps!

Brien
36 minutes ago, Col-Squirrel said:

and more heat maps!

Lol looks like class barely effects anything and the fortifications make A flag a deadzone. Saw some posts saying there a good amount of content going to occur after release which is a bit concerning since BF1 was pretty weak in content (for comparison BF4 started with 81 guns with 8-10 attachments while bf1 had 60ish guns with no attachments). Hopefully they will have a good amount of maps (~7)

Blueberryjam

11 minutes ago, Brien said:

Hopefully they will have a good amount of maps (~7)

I think they announced 8 launch maps. With.the first batch of Greece maps in January.

Borscht
4 hours ago, Brien said:

Lol looks like class barely effects anything and the fortifications make A flag a deadzone. Saw some posts saying there a good amount of content going to occur after release which is a bit concerning since BF1 was pretty weak in content (for comparison BF4 started with 81 guns with 8-10 attachments while bf1 had 60ish guns with no attachments). Hopefully they will have a good amount of maps (~7)

You mean BF1 had ~20 guns in different variations. Content isn't limited to just amount of weapons on launch. It's already known that there'll be more vehicles and weapons, especially as the "war" progresses and more nations get engulfed. Then you'll get your Thompsons, Garands, Arisakas and Mosins. 

Com}{rade

Another map looking small yet again. Very concerning. I hope there's a good solid 5 maps at least that are relatively large and aren't just in a barren desert.

Zer0Wulf

That map shows about 600 across, that is small compared to maps in even BF4 where i could get 1300m headshots. I really hope they do some massive maps with more than 2 tanks active and 2 planes. That is going to not be very much fun flying over that small area then having to turn almost constantly lol. Please DICE make the maps bigger.

• Like 2

Col-Squirrel

That is just a guess by a reddit poster on how big the map is, but take a look at this, these are houses, so this map is definitely bigger then the overhead makes it feel:

a3fhuxj5r1m11.jpg

ranchitup

Great info, thanks!

Col-Squirrel

Reflex sight changes:

Zer0Wulf

Cool, that was a huge downside to using that sight. Glad they made that change.

Brien
18 hours ago, Borscht said:

You mean BF1 had ~20 guns in different variations. Content isn't limited to just amount of weapons on launch. It's already known that there'll be more vehicles and weapons, especially as the "war" progresses and more nations get engulfed. Then you'll get your Thompsons, Garands, Arisakas and Mosins. 

Couldn't give a shit about this progression through the war bullshit, just a way for dice to cover their ass for being behind schedule and unable to have much content for launch.

Zer0Wulf

Brien
1 minute ago, Zer0Wulf said:

So the months of dice/ea calling the consumer uneducated, a bigot, and to not buy the game were for nothing? guess not selling any copies will make EA  question their morals lol

Col-Squirrel
37 minutes ago, Brien said:

So the months of dice/ea calling the consumer uneducated, a bigot, and to not buy the game were for nothing? guess not selling any copies will make EA  question their morals lol

No, months of people online taking one person's comment out of context, who's comment was not aimed at them in the first place. But instead let's just play a game of telephone over it until it makes it seem like he was targeting everyone. Good job at believing in to that. 

As for launch content, details on that are coming next week. But we already know 8 maps are coming, 4 war stories, 35-36 main guns.

Col-Squirrel

Oh and in case people seem to think that they are behind schedule, they aren't:

SecretSquirrel43

Thank god on the reflex. I was using iron sights just because the darkening effect made it really hard to use.

Borscht
4 hours ago, Brien said:

Couldn't give a shit about this progression through the war bullshit, just a way for dice to cover their ass for being behind schedule and unable to have much content for launch.

Again - define content. Do you really need 60 guns to feel like you have content? As what's gonna happen is the usual BF thing of 75% of them beibg pure garbage and only 1-2 of the leftovers actually useful and be the meta.

Maps? 6 maps is good enough for launch. 

Game modes? BF should have Conquest as a baseline, everything else is extra. 

Vehicles? Got em. 

What content exactly?

Brien
Just now, Borscht said:

Again - define content. Do you really need 60 guns to feel like you have content? As what's gonna happen is the usual BF thing of 75% of them beibg pure garbage and only 1-2 of the leftovers actually useful and be the meta.

Maps? 6 maps is good enough for launch. 

Game modes? BF should have Conquest as a baseline, everything else is extra. 

Vehicles? Got em. 

What content exactly?

I want enough guns, attachments, and maps to feel like a full game. This "war progression" thing screwed themselves as means we won't see factions, guns, vehicles, or maps that are known for WW2 for a long time, and in my opinion was done because they are so far behind they could only do the early war. And i don't want all the guns to be shit unless I level them up like in the beta (that's how new people get upset and leave).  And yes I agree, I would like more than 1-2 guns per class to be good. 6 maps is good if they are all good, rotterdam being decent while narvik was not great. Dice's map design is pretty hit or miss in BF1 and BF4 (for example I think there are 3 good maps out of the starting 9 of BF1). Game modes would be nice and have them push servers that rotate modes to get casuals interested unlike in BF1 where they lasted the 1st month and died. And finally I just want a smooth game, not something I have to wait months after getting to play well. As always this is all speculation but anyone who is fanboying out saying it will be good is doing the same except ignoring the history of BF game releases and the issues with the beta.

Col-Squirrel
1 hour ago, Brien said:

I want enough guns, attachments, and maps to feel like a full game. This "war progression" thing screwed themselves as means we won't see factions, guns, vehicles, or maps that are known for WW2 for a long time, and in my opinion was done because they are so far behind they could only do the early war. And i don't want all the guns to be shit unless I level them up like in the beta (that's how new people get upset and leave).  And yes I agree, I would like more than 1-2 guns per class to be good. 6 maps is good if they are all good, rotterdam being decent while narvik was not great. Dice's map design is pretty hit or miss in BF1 and BF4 (for example I think there are 3 good maps out of the starting 9 of BF1). Game modes would be nice and have them push servers that rotate modes to get casuals interested unlike in BF1 where they lasted the 1st month and died. And finally I just want a smooth game, not something I have to wait months after getting to play well. As always this is all speculation but anyone who is fanboying out saying it will be good is doing the same except ignoring the history of BF game releases and the issues with the beta.

There are 8 maps at launch:

0JhVXiJ.png

Weapons that we know of so far by class:

Assault:

Semi-Auto Rifles - Gewehr 43 · M1907 SL · M1A1 Carbine · Selbstlader M1916 · Turner SMLE
Assault Rifles - StG 44 · Volkssturmgewehr

Medic:

EMP · MP 28 · MP 34 · MP40 · Sten · Suomi KP/-31 · M1928A1 Thompson

Support:

LMGs - Bren Gun · FG-42 · Lewis Gun · Madsen MG · KE7 · Vickers K MG

MMGs - MG 34 · MG 42

Shotguns - M30 Drilling · Sjögren Inertial

Scout:

Bolt-Action Rifles - Kar98k · Gewehr M.95 · Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk I
Self-Loading Rifle - ZH-29

Sidearms:

M1911 · P08 Pistol · P38 Pistol · Revolver Mk VI · Ruby

Sure looks like plenty of content to me, and that's only what they have announced! Plus, the tides of war was designed in the game from the beginning, not some last minute oh crap we are running late.  Also there will be a new tides of war chapter every 3 months, so that means new maps and guns every 3 months.

Col-Squirrel

Also to add, here's the vehicles announced so far:

Heavy ArmorChurchill Mk VII (Gun Carrier · AVRE · Crocodile) · Tiger I (Sturmtiger)

Medium Armor - Valentine Mk VIII · Panzer IV · Panzer 38(t)

Light Armor - Staghound · Sd. Kfz.222

Light Vehicles - Kettenkrad · Kubelwagen · Opel Blitz · Sd. Kfz.251 Halftrack (Wurfrahmen 40)

Fighters - Spitfire · Bf 109

Ground Attack Aircraft - Mosquito · Stuka

Bombers - Blenheim

Transport Aircraft - C-47 Skytrain

Emplacements - Vickers · Flak 38 · Pak 40

Unmanned Aircraft - JB-2 Rocket · V-1 Rocket

rifledude

Every faction should have it's main issued weapons for weapon types. Games that don't do that piss me off. I like to match my load-outs with the nation I'm playing as.

Col-Squirrel

New picture of Arras:

1nkcwq68w7m11.png

Minos

Looks like another small-medium sized map like we have been seeing a lot of since Hardline/BF1.  Yeah when compared to Rotterdamn it looks bigger, but most of that space is just empty field behind spawn.  I really hope we get atleast 2 big maps out of launch.  Odds aren't looking so good since 3/8 are small/medium in size.  I want to see tanks and planes have lots of space to duke it out, not be jammed in between city streets all the time.  

However, It is nice to see them making changes though from the beta feedback, I am still curious to see how the customization is being dialed back as they say.  Hopefully they can show us some example or detail it in a post.  I did have have trouble distinguishing people in the beta so if they could address that (which I believe they already are) than that would be a big plus.