wetredneck

Community Box Game Selection

which game would you like to see us support first?  

51 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. which game would you like to see us support first?

• Squad
    • Post Scriptum
    • Space Engineers

wetredneck

Alright guys our server box is now purchased. the fun part is now apon us, game selection! 

above is the three games the staff decided would be a good start to test the waters. if there is no support for a game after a certain period we will rotate it out and try another one.

!!!IMPORTANT!!!

If you do not see a game above you would like to see tried out, drop a simple reply with the name of the game. 

if you see a reply about a game you would like to see supported like, emote, or upgrade that reply so as to "vote" for it.

* any replys that do not have a simple game name listed will be removed so as to keep everything organized and clean for the next person that looks at this post. 

Kedzie

Replace Post Scriptum with Planetside. 

• Like 2

XpRsSn

Personally I wouldn't pick any of the options so I can't vote here.

cruzer1973

These seem like they would be fun games to have on a server but as far as our community is concerned in the 3+ months i've been playing here daily, ive never seen anyone in space engineers channel and maybe twice seen people in the squad channel. hell i've seen more people in battlefield channels.

The only game i see enough people play regularly that is hostable is Ark. so i think that should be in the selection as well...

Trunkz Jr

I voted Post Scriptum since it's the newest while the others might be harder to populate.

• Like 1

CA8OOS3

@cruzer1973 , @NiceGuy already hosts a cluster server for ARK. These days it is hard to populate ARK Servers. 

I vote Post Scriptum if the Server can handle it. I do not know the specs of the server but if Post Scriptum is like Squad for servers you need a High Frequency CPU something at least a 6700K at 4GHZ to keep the tickrate up.

Minos

SQUAD and  Post Scriptum play similar in design (different wars obviously), but if I was to pick I would definitely say SQUAD.  It's far ahead in development and has a very good community following because of BF2: PR.   It's also considered early access and still getting better with tanks coming fairly soon and helicoptors on the way afterwards.  Post Scriptum on the other hand released as a full game yet is far from finished and its reviews reflect it.  Overall, I think SQUAD would be better for the community because its more popular than PS and a much more complete game.  

Rin
1 hour ago, CA8OOS3 said:

@cruzer1973 , @NiceGuy already hosts a cluster server for ARK. These days it is hard to populate ARK Servers. 

I vote Post Scriptum if the Server can handle it. I do not know the specs of the server but if Post Scriptum is like Squad for servers you need a High Frequency CPU something at least a 6700K at 4GHZ to keep the tickrate up.

It's a high end box, We will give out specs at a later point (if) @wetredneck wanted to.

drasik

I voted space engineers because it is unpopular as fuck. Judging by the line up it is gonna be post scriptum or squad. I can't understand why for the life of me you put space engineers down at all. Why even act like putting post scriptum and squad side by side is a choice? They're the same game but ok. This lineup was a bad call imo lol.

wetredneck
3 hours ago, drasik said:

I voted space engineers because it is unpopular as fuck. Judging by the line up it is gonna be post scriptum or squad. I can't understand why for the life of me you put space engineers down at all. Why even act like putting post scriptum and squad side by side is a choice? They're the same game but ok. This lineup was a bad call imo lol.

then why not include a game option you believe would be a good point? anyone that sees your comment will be able to "like" your option and guide the success of this en devour. no matter what the starting selection list was, not everyone would be happy. this was the whole point of having people comment other games and having the community that does care about having our own servers "like" your opinion so we have feedback from what they would like to support.

drasik
Posted (edited)

@rifledude    Scum, battlefield (even though it sucks),  hell there's more people that play hunt showdown than space engineers. I would definately vote arma 3 Koth if the box was bigger and more people liked it.  

Edited by drasik

CA8OOS3

No server files for SCUM (yet) or Battlefield, Hunt: Showdown uses internal system, Arma 3: KoTH requires heavy modification to the mission file to make it stand out and be popular and needs a dedicated person administrating the server at all times...

Unfortunately with the way games are today there are not a lot of options for games that run dedicated servers. Now I do have some suggestions but would take a player base to get them started

Rising Storm: Vietnam (or whatever it’s called we just Scrimmed )

CS: GO - Gun Game or something who knows (requires heavy modification)

im trying to think... everything else we have really tried to get going before and was failed attempt .. 

• Like 3

Autenien

I voted for Post Sciptum because I enjoy WWII games, probably because I am a history buff with all things WWII.   I actually enjoy playing FPS style games that are based in realistic game play much more than I enjoy games like Fortnite or Overwatch.  

Justen

post scriptum vote. 

rustyneedle_uk

scum and post and dayz

The Gothic Poet

Battlefield

Rin
3 hours ago, rustyneedle_uk said:

scum and post and dayz

We don't get files for scum yet nor dayz :/ once we do we will look into those 2.

AllDayJose

no sky minecraft or gtfo

BiohazardWolf

I've voted for Squad, but I'd also like to unofficially vote for Planetside 2.

Planetside 2

Squad

Post Scriptum

^ In that order, but since PS2 wasn't on the list, Squad all the way!

• Like 1

Kedzie

Can people who play Planetside 2 join our outfit?  @wetredneck, can you let us invite each other in the outfit? 

wetredneck

unfortunately guys a lot of games members would like to see do not offer server files. rin is correct when he states that the files for a lot of the games we support either dont exist cuz they're independent or they havent been released yet. once more files are released, such as scum, days, ect, we will move our efforts in the direction you guys ask us to go so long as there is support.

keep the feedback coming guys I love it! this is the best way for your opinion to be heard and what you desire to see happen actually make an impact. me, as well as the rest of staff, are here to help the community. so long as you guys keep talking we keep listening. 

@Kedzie unfortunately I cant answer your question. I have no idea how the outfit works and dont I tend to act like I do. the best person to answer your question is @rifledude. hes currently running our outfit and can probably tell you all the ends and outs.

just so everyone knows. THIS POLL CLOSES THIS FRIDAY NIGHT AT 10PM EST. GET THOSE LAST MINUTE VOTES IN!. the topic will remain open so I can keep track of game interests as new games come out and files are released to the public. 

rifledude

Planetside 2 isn't eligible for this vote. This is a vote to determine what game we are going to try out on our community ran server box. Planetside being an MMO doesn't allow for community ran servers.

The community box is a separate thing from our community game nights. Those who want to play Planetside 2 can do so during the next community game night, and perhaps even the one after that if the demand is great enough.

Maverick V6

Looks like the winner is going to be Post Scriptum!

SecretSquirrel43
On 8/27/2018 at 6:51 PM, The Gothic Poet said:

Battlefield

I wish. However if Dice won't give us files, whelp we can only go through their server buying service.

Minos
2 hours ago, SecretSquirrel43 said:

I wish. However if Dice won't give us files, whelp we can only go through their server buying service.

Unless we were to host a throwback night like we did like a year ago on Deset Combat.  I would totally be down for renting a server for an older BF and filling it up with UWS members for a game night  Would be a blast