CA8OOS3

Project: Nuka Cola

CA8OOS3

I am working on a new PC build. Well rebuild of my current 8700k build. I got from NZXT the H700 Nuka Cola Limited Edition PC Case and that will be the base. Everything is going to be rebuilt where the system will be flowing with Nuka Cola and using Nuka Cola bottle as my Reservoir. Stay Tuned for further pictures and such. I might actually delid my CPU at this point. I will update this post as I get parts and such.  Check out the case below (will update when mine arrives)

Fallout-NukaCola-H700-2.jpg

• Like 2

maniacalwombat

Keep us posted plz.  That is going to look amazing. 🙂

CA8OOS3
Posted (edited)

Just purchased the next two key pieces to the build and the overall theme. 

I purchased the ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA for the build, mainly for the water cooling for the VRMs

152090-630678-full.jpg

Also purchased the perfect white and red sleeved cable kit from Cablemod. This rebuild is going to be amazing. 

CM-EV2-FKIT-NKWR-R-1-1000x1000.jpg

BTW If anyone needs any parts, I will be selling everything that I am replacing.

Edited by CA8OOS3

Zer0Wulf

Highly recommend the delid. I used the rockit 88 kit on my 8700k and it dropped temps about 10C with an overlock of 4.7Ghz on all cores. Thermal grizzly conductonaut for the cpu die, and kryonaut for the IHS. With a full custom loop cooling the 1080ti and monoblock on the 8700k, the CPU reaches about 65C max rendering videos. I need thicker rads which i have but waiting to change my fluid before doing hard lines and rad change.

Good luck.

CA8OOS3
32 minutes ago, Zer0Wulf said:

Highly recommend the delid. I used the rockit 88 kit on my 8700k and it dropped temps about 10C with an overlock of 4.7Ghz on all cores. Thermal grizzly conductonaut for the cpu die, and kryonaut for the IHS. With a full custom loop cooling the 1080ti and monoblock on the 8700k, the CPU reaches about 65C max rendering videos. I need thicker rads which i have but waiting to change my fluid before doing hard lines and rad change.

Good luck.

I just ordered the de8uear delidding tool along with the thermal grizzly liquid metal and I already use thermal grizzly thermal paste...

next up to order is my reservoir which is going to be made from a Nuka Cola Rocket Bottle from GameStop

then need about $200 worth of fittings, a D5 pump and some hardline tubing... basically it’s going to look like a little Nuka Cola factory bottle filling station...

im not doing anything with GPU yet as I will wait for prices to come down on the 2080ti and then I’ll add it to the loop...

this Project I’m doing on a whim and hopefully NZXT and all the Companies involved in the build enjoy what I make

Zer0Wulf

It’s one of the nicer ones for sure, I wanted more rgb and I just added a monoblock to my aorus. Both great motherboards.

CA8OOS3

Well beings that I sold most of this the project is seemingly on hold at the moment although I will still have all the parts to build with.

Things that have changed:

Sold : i7 8700k but got another one for some pc work

Sold: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula - still using Asus z370 Prime P

Sold: Asus GTX 1070 TI Turbo - Traded Thermaltake AIO for GTX 1080 FE

Got a bunch of water cooling gear for free so it needs to be cleaned and will start adding that.

Heatkiller IV CPU Block

I forget what res I’m using but it’s attached to EK PWM D5 Pump.

Rad using a 30mm 3x120mm Alphacool Rad

ordering Primochill Revolver fittings and Primochill PETG tubing along with I think some of the primo hill vue fluid in white. Haven’t really decided that part and I need to order a EK waterblock for the 1080 FE.. funny how it works, sold pretty much everything for my PC and got almost all the same parts back for free - a few hours of my time... crazy world we live in

CA8OOS3

Currently the system is setup as air cooled since I need a few more parts... I may just soft tube it for now and wait for the PETG haven’t decided...I have everything to make a soft tube loop but with no drain valve and no gpu in the loop.

79E4377B-8A8C-4719-BF02-3E6B31D59AFB.thumb.jpeg.64b501d2c98364b30e3bf612909fd972.jpeg