TripleFrequency

So, how is the game?

TripleFrequency

As many of you know, many reviews for games anymore are hard to trust, and I am hoping for some at least somewhat unbiased opinions on the game so far. How buggy is it? Are the game-modes actually fund? How is the spawn system? Is the game worth it at this point?

Any and all opinions are welcome, I am just trying to decide if Battlefield 1 is for me.

Thanks in advance,

- TripleFrequency

XpRsSn

I like the game! The new mode like operations is lovely. Sort of a rush/conquest mix. Here you can retake the point instead of losing it completly.

• Like 1

Goose

It has been alot of fun playing each of the game modes feels fun the maps more really good and the overall gameplay is enjoyeable. there are a few bugs most of them in the grouping system which can be a bit annoying especially when your trying to play with your friends but other than that it has been alot of fun. 

Azriel

I like it, feels more difficult compared to BF4, no crazy scopes and gadgets but still alot of fun. my only issue with this game is the performance. It can be kinda wonky sometimes, the new AMD drivers released helped alot but as the guy said above, bugs are still present

Trunkz Jr

I do agree with Azriel, I enjoy the not so crazy tech (even tho it's modern in BF4) thats not present in BF1. 

Medic is pretty balanced, more Medium-Long range forcing you to stick with your squad and heal while providing further support. 

I have only really tried 3 modes so far, but generally I still enjoy Conquest, Operations is very nice as well.

Still some bugs with their party system, odd time I was revived unable to look up or down and forced to look straight lol sometimes Medbox does not place where you try to place unless surface can hold it

Probably the best Battlefield Launch to date tho considering the release problems of say BC2-BF3-BF4 (BF4 being the least) BF2 probably had some tho I can't remember, I just 

remember people doing the annoying dolphin while shooting lol sucked in TWL games, not to mention the start of Karkand and the grenade fest that followed :)

• Like 1

Minos

I definitely think its worth the money! I have clocked in more than 30 hours and still feel the urge to keep playing each night.  I think the game has really good weapon  design meaning a lot of weapons feel different and unique from each other.  Unlike BF4 where a lot of weapons felt the same and were not as special. The new gamemode Operations is a pretty fun experience as well. Basically combines Rush and Conquest to create an epic mode all together.   For $60 its definitely worth it, but I believe you can pick it up for even cheaper on greenmangaming.com.  

Shambles

Surprised me with how good it is for a launch title. Lots of fun and mixes it up compared to the older Battlefields.

Fraylancer

I like it. It really benefits from a good squad, though. Definitely worth buying if you have friends that play.

Bugs: well, lots of'm. They fixed a lot since beta and already have a patch out. If they keep it up it might get pretty consistent by the time map #10 is released over the winter holidays.

Thanos

It takes more skill than the other Battlefields! i feel maps are great and weather effects are a great touch to the game / fog etc. Single player campaign is probably the best of the series. spawns on the captured locations are a little off you kinda spawn far but i think that give a chance to the attackers to capture it so i kinda like it. The only issue i have is even in regular mode a headshot with a rifle should be an instant kill but it's not. And the hit marks are a little off i believe. Overall is a beautiful game!

rewar

i'm playing it on PS4 and i'm enjoying it.. brings back all the familiar fun and all the familiar rage you would expect from a DICE game..

• Like 1

Fraylancer

Some more random thoughts from me now that I have more time in the game (76 hours):

Maps - they're all pretty good but they each have their own nuances. Suez is probably the "worst" map but last night I was able to rally a squad and actually stage a successful comeback! So some of these maps will get better with time as players learn them. I feel that Empire's Edge is a troll's paradise which makes an otherwise fun map much less so. Argonne is infantry-only so that might turn some players off. The rest are pretty well-balanced if the teams aren't uneven. I feel the biggest point to make here is that some classes play better on some maps. Support is fantastic on Argonne, for example, to supply grenades and shoot mortars, and while assault weapons are great in the close quarters parts there are no vehicles to kill. Spawning is so repetitive that few people run medic there, etc.

Gunplay - a lot of people have complaints here. Automatic weapons feel "random" and pistols are part of the meta. IMHO they should make swapping to a sidearm slower as right now as a scout for example you intentionally shoot one rifle round before changing to a pistol for a second finishing shot. That just feels out of place for me in a BF game (or at least what I feel a BF game should play like) and especially a WWI BF game (people complain about so many automatics in a WWI game, but only two of four classes really get any; pistols were not exactly common in WWI either among those on the line). Sidearms should be a last ditch attempt at defense at range, not part of the meta. I also feel gas grenades need a nerf as right now people spam the heck out of them. They slow down gameplay way too much (and I prefer slower gameplay!). Also, people complain that the TTK (time-to-kill) is too slow, a complaint I also heard a lot in Planetside 2. I disagree completely...the TTK is plenty fast in most cases, the problem is automatics are notoriously unreliable and LMGs especially can take too much time/bullets to kill (particularly at range). I think they'll do a balance pass on that at some point, though.

Cooperation - totally key. I play with a few regulars (that I am bringing into SAS, I'm still training them up not to suck) and simply have a squad of four with one of each class working together means we can overcome a 50- to 100-point team score deficit when we apply ourselves (we did it twice last night). I have to emphasize again that teamwork is crucial to getting the most out of this game. If you play with randoms ("pubbing") you will likely be frustrated more than 50% of the time. Don't buy the game unless you have some people you can trust.

Trial - well, I mentioned in another post that I bought an extra account for friends and family. It's an account people can use to try the game. I'm willing to share it with people in SAS that are on the fence (one at a time) if they're trusted, long-time members. I'll extend the first offer to you, TripleFrequency, if you're interested. PC (Origin) only of course; just drop me a PM on the site.

TripleFrequency
18 minutes ago, Fraylancer said:

I'll extend the first offer to you, TripleFrequency

I do appreciate the offer, but I am more concerned with the longevity and mechanics. I already got an alright feel for mechanics in the beta, but I fear no one can perfectly answer the question of longevity. All I know is the beta put a pretty bad taste in my mouth and I am concerned about buying in as a whole.

Fraylancer

I'd wait until map 10 is out to gauge the weather on this game.

Wooot

Besides it being a different version of BF4 with old timely weapons and places, I'm shocked at how few class weapons there are and how fast they can be unlocked.  The game seems to have less value due to that.  I love games where I play to unlock stuff and use them to unlock the next thing.  But you can unlock everything within a week.

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us