MasterReach

Gaming Laptop

MasterReach

I recently just got a new job that'll involve me traveling out of town often and I want to try and stay active gaming wise for the community. All I need is a cheap and efficient gaming laptop so I can play Warframe, Rainbow 6 siege, and two or three single player games at the moment since right now I don't know what kind of laptop would be best to game on so any recommendations would be grateful.   

0xygenthief

Are you looking to play while on the road, while actually travelling or just in your hotel room?  If it's the latter consider a SFF build with a small 1080p monitor.  Pack it in a pelican case for safety/security while traveling and set it up like any other rig once you get to your hotel room.  You'll get better performance at a lower price point, though the pelican case might equalize the price somewhat.

A decent gaming rig in laptop format will start at the 2K dollar mark, one worth having anyway.  You could build a near top of the line SFF build for much less.

However, if you are set on a laptop you should know that ALL of the boutique gaming laptop vendors/resellers (i.e. origin pc/xotic pc/Asus/MSI/Alienware) use Clevo based systems, just repackaged and rebranded.  Look up the clevo lineup and see which resellers are offering the best options.  The systems will be identical performance wise, the only differences being the looks and warranty/service contracts.

I've gone both routes over the years, and I truly felt ripped off after buying a "gaming" laptop while I chalked my SFF build up to travel expenses...

• Thanks 1

MasterReach

It would be gaming in a hotel room and i would want to stick with a laptop because it would be better for me to travel.

ScubaSteve82103

Have you thought about a Hayes Canyon NUC + travel sized keyboard (Corsair K65) and mouse. 
You could go HDMI to the hotel TV at that point.

Edited by ScubaSteve82103