Sign in to follow this  
Bison

Value of this pc/parts?

Bison

So I am selling some old pc parts on craigslist and someone offered me a trade. He is willing to trade some stuff for my parts and I don't really know their worth. Here is a picture of what he is offering:

1442978682_Screenshot_20180705-152307_Messages1.jpg.9a7f6ba3d430f5c18e8ced4186426aca.jpg

ScubaSteve82103

Yeah that is pretty dated. The LGA775 socket died in 2007 or 2008 I believe.

The GPU is was mid range in 2012, and probably won't do much for games today.

Bison

Good to know. The guy claimed he could run PUBG and Fortnite at 60+ fps with a GTX 950 FTW, which I didnt believe in the first place

Trunkz Jr

Also have to be careful with parts like these on places like craigslist, kijiji or eBay as some could be defective like where it could blue/black screen once in a while you would never know he could show you it perfectly running and then days or weeks later you notice it happening, they can easily say it worked fine when they used it. 

SkullCracker
On 7/5/2018 at 3:26 PM, Bison said:

So I am selling some old pc parts on craigslist and someone offered me a trade. He is willing to trade some stuff for my parts and I don't really know their worth. Here is a picture of what he is offering:

1442978682_Screenshot_20180705-152307_Messages1.jpg.9a7f6ba3d430f5c18e8ced4186426aca.jpg

Q8400 is still a decent CPU. The 7790HD isn't a bad card, the wife is running the Sapphire 7970 3GB OC and it runs everything just fine. But what are you offering?

Bison
Posted (edited)

@SkullCracker I'm trying to sell my i7 2600s, Asus mobo, and 16 GB of ram

Edited by Bison

ScubaSteve82103
Posted (edited)

Absolutely DO NOT take that trade.

Post your stuff and a couple pictures in the for sale thread with the price you want and see if anyone on the forum bites.

Edited by ScubaSteve82103
  • Like 1

SkullCracker
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Bison said:

@SkullCracker I'm trying to sell my i7 2600s, Asus mobo, and 16 GB of ram

Are you on Facebook. If so let me get the names of the groups I belong to. They are for selling PC stuff and I know most of the dudes that run each group.

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve82103 said:

Absolutely DO NOT take that trade.

Post your stuff and a couple pictures in the for sale thread with the price you want and see if anyone on the forum bites.

Exactly, not worth it and you'd be getting screwed if you did.

Edited by SkullCracker

ProphetBeal

I agree it's a bad trade, but for reference the "Intel Core 2" series of CPUs was the line they were making before they started making i7, i5 and i3 models. Meaning anything Core 2 is going to older (and slower) than anything i7

SkullCracker
Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2018 at 10:33 AM, CA8OOS3 said:

you would be losing on that deal. Keep what you got or sell on facebook and get newer...also check out heatware.com and post there

@muskie used to sell on there alot

Great place for selling and buying.

I should have over 10,000 reviews from people. But no, they loved the deal but couldn't take 10 minutes of their time and give me a good one.

https://www.heatware.com/u/68145/to

Edited by SkullCracker