hell yea

Trunkz Jr

What will be different about this game compared to the original 

Sp3cOps
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Trunkz Jr said:

What will be different about this game compared to the original 

They switched to Unreal Engine 4.

As for gameplay etc.: I can't say anything other than what Google will tell you. Waiting for that Alpha invite, so I can test it out 🙂

From this review:
"Visually, Insurgency: Sandstorm is off the charts. The switch to Unreal Engine 4 from Source is noticeable immediately and it’s easily one of the best looking indie shooters I’ve seen, particularly with regard to the environments and lighting. Character models and animation are still a bit stiff, but all soon-to-be dead bodies look about the same from the other end of a scope anyway."

Insurgency is really a game I would like to have put more time into - I'll wait for Sandstorm, one way or the other, and try to invest more time on it 😍

Edited by Sourc3Unkn0wn
  • Like 1

Minos

Let me know if anyone got an invite to the alpha.  I just received mine, and  I believe they said testing opens tomorrow at 9am est and ends the 23rd.  

• Turned On 1

l-RUSE-|

890UnWU.png

Bison
3 hours ago, Minos said:

Let me know if anyone got an invite to the alpha.  I just received mine, and  I believe they said testing opens tomorrow at 9am est and ends the 23rd.  

Just got mine!

rifledude

Yeah, I just got an invite.

0xygenthief

Got mine as well!  Woot!

0xygenthief

Not going to have the opportunity to play right away, got to pay the bills.  I'll be on tomorrow night and Friday in the evenings.  What time are the rest of you going to be on?

• Like 1

Minos

Most likely after 9:30 pm Est because I get home from work fairly late.  Can't wait to play it! 

Skinii

W00t, I got one as well. I look forward to not being able to share information with everyone!

Zer0Wulf

Just signed up, hope its better than the original.

Trunkz Jr

Looking forward for the feedback then from everyone 

Sp3cOps

Got mine as well - let me know if we should hook up for some games 🙂

Larold

I'm not a fan. The alpha looks like shit, runs like shit, and there's no option to play with friends. 0/10 not ready for alpha

0xygenthief

Yeah, lots of team killing going on at the moment because no one can communicate.  Seems like 1 in 5 can use in-game voip.  Blue icon showing friendlies goes away after 10 meters and doesn't show through walls nor does it appear immediately when rounding corners.  Like Tarkov, if you are going to go hard core you must have comms.     Still fun though, I wouldn't give it a super low score, its an alpha after all.

• Like 1

Minos

Yeah like oxygen said, I've noticed quite a bit of teamkilling because some characters aren't as easily distinguishable as in the original Insurgency because of the games graphics and new customization options.  I think as people learn how to properly play more will communicate and games will play better like in the original Insurgency.  It's an alpha so the issues I have experienced are expected and I am still looking forward to its release.  They have time to fix the bugs and such while other games like Post Scriptum have me a bit worried considering it comes out next week.  

Zer0Wulf

Well I got in on the second wave of keys.