Sign in to follow this  
Blueberryjam

Squad Play - Where did it go?

Blueberryjam

Where the hell did squad play go? The last couple of weeks have been really shitty when it comes to UWS playing as squads. Half the times squads are on opposite sides of the maps or just not playing the objectives. Yes, I like to have a really positive K/D and I like to be top of the board but I like winning even better.

6 months ago we played well, most people knew to get in a quad and follow the squad lead and we rocked servers most nights. Recently though, we are losing to crappy teams. Yes sometimes we are on the bad team, and yes sometimes we are going to lose because we are getting out played, but IMO we are also losing just as much because UWS squads are basically playing solo. I know I am guilty of this sometimes, but I have really been trying to not do this. It is beyond frustrating when you are on the marked flag with one other squad-mate and the rest of your squad is 3 conquest flags away or you are waiting to spawn on a squad mate and they charge solo into a group of enemies, dying. What would be an easy flag capture becomes a death when you have little support. This shit needs to stop. From what we all can see in BFV, if you do not play as a squad, you are fucked. The last few weeks I have seen us up 70+ tickets with 10+ UWS on one side and we lose because we are all over the map, doing our own thing while we get back capped.

I know that some people are going to call me a try hard like others that have brought this up in the past, well then you don't need to squad up with those who WANT to play the objective aggressively. You are not having fun and I am not having fun if we are not in sync on what we want. So I am suggesting that when we have enough UWS for 2+ squads on we actually squad up based on who wants to actually play as a squad. I know we have a number of players who are thinking the same way as I am.  So don't be offended if you find yourself in a different squad if you don't play flags aggressively where your squad lead orders are. If for some reason, a flag is not getting taken, ASK your lead to move the order to a different flag and they likely will move it to a less defended flag.

I want to continue having fun playing Battlefield, but it has been tough the last 2 months.

• Like 2

Trunkz Jr

Yeah it's probably best to start playing the objective now because once BFV comes out it's going to require more Teamwork to attack and defend objectives. 

PopeCheese

I haven't been on too much recently on BF1, but I can't say I have noticed this issue too much when I have been on. But I would guess maybe everyone is just sort of taking it easy now with BF1. It's been out for a while and I know for myself at least, when I do play it's just for some casual fun while I wait for the next BF experience

Sign in to follow this  

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us