Trunkz Jr

Teamspeak 5 Finally Here

Trunkz Jr

Edit: Monday.Oct.14th/2019

@Gamer @Trial @Member @ Veteran Member @Legacy Member @Staff

It's finally here (well, depending on if you signed up or not)

https://new.teamspeak.com/   You can read more features and everything here, expect more features when they release the Teamspeak 5 Server later on.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Untitled31231.png

The VoiP provider TeamSpeak tries with a new design and the release of the new client "TeamSpeak 5" (end of the year) to respond to the growing competition as Discord or Ventrilo in the field of voice software solutions on the Internet. 

The manufacturer writes:Here fans have the opportunity to acquire exclusive and limited merchandise of their favorite language software. Further details about the TeamDeals will follow shortly. "

92566656-medium.jpg

Commenting on the new design, Ian Bamford, CEO of TeamSpeak USA, Inc., said: "We are starting a new chapter with TeamSpeak, which will be opened by the new design and a revamped homepage, when I see that we are currently working on limited merchandise, one With a host of new features, including a twitch integration, and especially the new TS5 client, I am looking forward to this fiscal year and looking forward to the future, our goal is to provide our TeamSpeakCommunity with what it deserves and continue to offer our service on a world-class level. " 

The company emphasizes:From now on there will be further broadcasts focusing on video games, cosplay and entertainment. All formats will continue to be developed and broadcast by All Your Base. "

Not sure what happened to Teamspeak 4 but I can't wait to see what they got planned, was hoping something would appear around E3 and it did (only took them 10 years!). Hopefully they don't try to copy the Discord Layout or make it too crazy that current Teamspeak users won't like it, but as long as they have the ability for people to join it without downloading it, expect our place to grow very big. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Maverick V6

hopefully it is solid. 

Rin

If the Germans started speaking that means its big.

Also 5 because they are over 5.0 version in code and features. (my guess).

Edited by Rin

Not.like.mike

I can't wait. lol

MistDreamer

what ever it takes to make this discord kids shut up ill be happy with.

• Like 4

l-RUSE-|
5 hours ago, MistDreamer said:

what a dense comment

Wolfesscythe
7 hours ago, MistDreamer said:

Mad 'cause bad.

MistDreamer
6 hours ago, l-RUSE-| said:

what a dense comment

Dense because it's true? That people bitch about how great discord is but it really doesn't do anything special or that much better then a program that's much older then it.

• Like 1

Trunkz Jr
3 minutes ago, MistDreamer said:

Dense because it's true? That people bitch about how great discord is but it really doesn't do anything special or that much better then a program that's much older then it.

I will agree that when recruiting I see many cocky discord people acting stupid towards TS3, I literary had to add something in my recruit topics as to why we don't use discord. Since they announced Teamspeak 5 I don't think we'll ever move to discord now as I am sure they will give similar features that discord has if not more. Only thing I like about discord is that it's taken many power hungry people looking for groups out of my way (these ppl usually just make their own community now on discord). 

• Like 3

CA8OOS3

I know already with the beta build of the ts3 client it has twitch integration and such... I’m not sure how far that goes since we are running the 3.2.0 beta server build..

As a streamer I actually enjoy Discord especially for Twitch Community. The sound quality is shit on non discord partner servers but on the servers that are partnered with Discord I cannot find a difference between the quality..

i hope they have some good integration but we shall see.

Trunkz Jr

You can sign up for the TS5 Beta - https://teamspeak.com/en/downloads#ts5

Trunkz Jr

Guess they will be releasing small teasers as a puzzle for the time being, there's the first.

attachment.php?attachmentid=17469&d=1549

attachment.php?attachmentid=17471&stc=1&

Joehockey

I'm getting a Discord-like vibe. Night mode, with live chat, channels, and customization beyond what TS offers right now. Wonder how long it'll take for them to release more pieces considering it looks like 12 or so pieces will be needed to fill out the screen.

Trunkz Jr
1 hour ago, Joehockey said:

I'm getting a Discord-like vibe. Night mode, with live chat, channels, and customization beyond what TS offers right now. Wonder how long it'll take for them to release more pieces considering it looks like 12 or so pieces will be needed to fill out the screen.

And that you should. From ppl that got to see it at gamescom in Germany they said the UI was a little similar to discord, but while discord has light/dark skins TS5 allows you to customize the colour to your liking. That’s all the info we know so far aside from this new puzzle teaser, which looks nice and actually have nice emojis now. 

I do wish they didn’t go for a discord type UI (or maybe have it as an option?) but I guess the plus  side for us is that a discord user might actually join TS5 just because the UI is a little familiar to them. 

• Like 2

Trunkz Jr

Next piece didn't add much but there it is: 

DyVaUJ0X4AAgqCk.jpg:large

l-RUSE-|
On 2/1/2019 at 7:19 PM, Trunkz Jr said:

And that you should. From ppl that got to see it at gamescom in Germany they said the UI was a little similar to discord, but while discord has light/dark skins TS5 allows you to customize the colour to your liking. That’s all the info we know so far aside from this new puzzle teaser, which looks nice and actually have nice emojis now. 

I do wish they didn’t go for a discord type UI (or maybe have it as an option?) but I guess the plus  side for us is that a discord user might actually join TS5 just because the UI is a little familiar to them. 

https://userstyles.org/styles/browse/discordapp  😄

Trunkz Jr
3 hours ago, l-RUSE-| said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Com}{rade

Please don't be a god damn discord clone UI. Hopefully keeping to TS roots, we will have high customization and more ease of use for the loads of backend and permission stuff that is a pain on TS3.

Rin
6 hours ago, Com}{rade said:

Please don't be a god damn discord clone UI. Hopefully keeping to TS roots, we will have high customization and more ease of use for the loads of backend and permission stuff that is a pain on TS3.

TS 2 to 3 was Windows 95 to Vista kind of UI change i think. It has to be modern cause it's not targeted to your eyes, It's targeting all that market that's currently using discord and that is a big portion of young people you old git 😛

ranchitup

I imagine teamspeak will have to adopt some discord features/qualities in order to remain competitive in the VOIP market. Regardless, I am excited for a new (and hopefully improved) teamspeak!