shidoshi_games

Console Wars!

shidoshi_games

Nintendo Vs. Sega? PlayStation Vs. XBOX? Choose your path! 

shidoshi_games
1 minute ago, Trunkz Jr said:

I've owned every Nintendo Console except Switch just waiting for more games. 

I hear ya on that. I do highly recommend picking it up when you can, there are several titles coming out in the near future. The Switch already offers some great games such as BOTW, Mario Odyssey, Skyrim and so much more! This will be the future of Nintendo for sure. This was exactly what they needed to keep the consumers interested. 

PopeCheese

There's no reason to own an XBox if you own a decent gaming PC, and while I admire the Switch for it's portability, for me the games just aren't there. Zelda was great, but other than that there are really no good solid time-sink games out for it at the moment, so for me (excluding PC), the win goes to Playstation - at least for right now.

0xygenthief

I'm waiting for Apple's new console...  It should directly compete with all the other consoles present and future...  It's called...  The iCrap!

PC Master Race FTW!

• Like 1

SkullCracker
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PopeCheese said:

There's no reason to own an XBox if you own a decent gaming PC, and while I admire the Switch for it's portability, for me the games just aren't there. Zelda was great, but other than that there are really no good solid time-sink games out for it at the moment, so for me (excluding PC), the win goes to Playstation - at least for right now.

Xbox One when I feel like kicking back and not being bothered by anyone. By the way, have a nice PC and soon building an even better one. Enjoy both worlds because they offer different things.

Edited by SkullCracker

Minos
1 hour ago, SkullCracker said:

Xbox One when I feel like kicking back and not being bothered by anyone. By the way, have a nice PC and soon building an even better one. Enjoy both worlds because they offer different things.

I don't know, if I wanna do that, I can just plug in my controller into my PC and be up and running.  Ever since Xbox's cross platform thing with PC and more exclusives coming to PC ,I have had even less reason to use my Xbox One.  Just seems like a waste to play on my One when I can play almost all the same games on PC with better framerate and options available to me.  

PS4 is a different story though because they have plenty of actual good exclusives  not available on PC  and I've really considered repurchasing a PS4 because of that.  

ProphetBeal

NES, SNES, PS, then PS2...since then I've been exclusively PC

shidoshi_games
15 hours ago, PopeCheese said:

I see where you're coming from. The Switch only has a few games at the moment that are time consuming games as you mentioned Zelda BOTW. There is also Mario Odyssey that brings a lot memories back as it has very similar play mechanics as Super Mario 64. They will have several titles in the near future that will continue to dominate the handheld market, since no other company can compete. As for the current gen consoles I see PlayStation dominating the competition further down the road, both the ps4 pro and xbox one x isnt true 4k resolution as a PC could do, so that alone makes it pretty equal for the two. The one thing that will always keep PlayStation in the lead is the exclusives they offer compared to Xbox. Playstation E3 took the win in exclusives IMO. 

shidoshi_games
12 hours ago, 0xygenthief said:

I'm waiting for Apple's new console...  It should directly compete with all the other consoles present and future...  It's called...  The iCrap!

PC Master Race FTW!

😂 LOL that would be a disaster in the making. 

shidoshi_games
10 hours ago, SkullCracker said:

Exactly, every console/PC gaming offers a different variety of excitement. I don't personally own a PC, though I do go use my brothers every once in a while since he has the HTC Vive. I should make the investment for a good PC since there are several games that is only on PC i would like to try. 

shidoshi_games
8 hours ago, Minos said:

I don't know, if I wanna do that, I can just plug in my controller into my PC and be up and running.  Ever since Xbox's cross platform thing with PC and more exclusives coming to PC ,I have had even less reason to use my Xbox One.  Just seems like a waste to play on my One when I can play almost all the same games on PC with better framerate and options available to me.  

PS4 is a different story though because they have plenty of actual good exclusives  not available on PC  and I've really considered repurchasing a PS4 because of that.  

You're right about that. There really isn't a reason to play on your Xbox since all the titles look a whole lot better on the PC and run a lot smoother. I wish I had a fast PC of my own but unfortunately I haven't had the money to put out for all the parts. I honestly thing you should invest in a PS4 due to the amount of exclusives the console already offers and what we have forward looking to within the next year alone. 

SkullCracker
8 hours ago, Minos said:

You missed the point. I just bought a 65" TV and my couch has recliners on each end. That means kicking back and relaxing while I game. I can't do that while sitting at my desk.

shidoshi_games
56 minutes ago, ProphetBeal said:

NES, SNES, PS, then PS2...since then I've been exclusively PC

Can't go wrong with any of those retro consoles. I grew up playing the SNES so that is one of my favorite consoles of all time. 

Minos
1 minute ago, SkullCracker said:

You missed the point. I just bought a 65" TV and my couch has recliners on each end. That means kicking back and relaxing while I game. I can't do that while sitting at my desk.

Like I said, it's always an option available for PC.  I know many people that setup  PCs in their living room and plug their wireless controller in when they feel like playing.   There's no real reason you couldn't do what you are doing now with the Xbox One, with a PC.  If I wanted some sort of gaming experience while relaxing in my living room, I could just get a micro tower PC build and set it up there instead of buying an Xbox One and missing out on all the luxuries of the PC.  

SkullCracker
1 hour ago, Minos said:

Like I said, it's always an option available for PC.  I know many people that setup  PCs in their living room and plug their wireless controller in when they feel like playing.   There's no real reason you couldn't do what you are doing now with the Xbox One, with a PC.  If I wanted some sort of gaming experience while relaxing in my living room, I could just get a micro tower PC build and set it up there instead of buying an Xbox One and missing out on all the luxuries of the PC.  

Two different worlds and I enjoy it. I also have friends that are older and in the IT world, they don't like playing on the PC anymore. They said after 12 hour days at a keyboard and working on servers they don't want to see a computer or keyboard. That I truly understand because it becomes a killer as you get older.  And I had a PC in the living room a few years ago. I played BF4 on it and while it was ok it wasn't fun. Almost all TV's suck for PC gaming which is why I have an Xbox. And so you understand, I game on my PC 90% of the time. The console is for time away from the PC gaming world, I need time away sometimes.

• Like 1

PopeCheese
Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 11:55 AM, SkullCracker said:

Two different worlds and I enjoy it. I also have friends that are older and in the IT world, they don't like playing on the PC anymore. They said after 12 hour days at a keyboard and working on servers they don't want to see a computer or keyboard. That I truly understand because it becomes a killer as you get older.  And I had a PC in the living room a few years ago. I played BF4 on it and while it was ok it wasn't fun. Almost all TV's suck for PC gaming which is why I have an Xbox. And so you understand, I game on my PC 90% of the time. The console is for time away from the PC gaming world, I need time away sometimes.

I see what you are getting at and I understand how having a console can be convenient for this reason. I own one myself and do enjoy it from the comfort of my couch from time to time. But you are arguing for consoles in general, not for the Xbox specifically. To my point, if you're going to have a console and you already have a gaming PC, there is zero reason at the moment for it to be an XBox over a switch or PS4, as there are no games released for Xbox that you can't get on a PC. There are also easy and effective solutions to make your PC into an XBox without being at your PC or using a mouse and keyboard, like the Steam link or a long HDMI cord. 

Edited by PopeCheese

SkullCracker
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, PopeCheese said:

I see what you are getting at and I understand how having a console can be convenient for this reason. I own one myself and do enjoy it from the comfort of my couch from time to time. But you are arguing for consoles in general, not for the Xbox specifically. To my point, if you're going to have a console and you already have a gaming PC, there is zero reason at the moment for it to be an XBox over a switch or PS4, as there are no games released for Xbox that you can't get on a PC. There are also easy and effective solutions to make your PC into an XBox without being at your PC or using a mouse and keyboard, like the Steam link or a long HDMI cord. 

I just like options for everything. I'm a PC gamer and will be one until I can't do it anymore for whatever reason. One would be my arms which I'm having issues with. The other would be death which can happen anytime. Also, my old clan mates from the early 2000's are in their late 50's and just want to relax. So when they are on I jump on for a little bit. The other cool things are the Kinect games which we enjoy. When the wife's dad comes and visits we play darts and bowling.

Edited by SkullCracker

PopeCheese
1 hour ago, SkullCracker said:

I just like options for everything. I'm a PC gamer and will be one until I can't do it anymore for whatever reason. One would be my arms which I'm having issues with. The other would be death which can happen anytime. Also, my old clan mates from the early 2000's are in their late 50's and just want to relax. So when they are on I jump on for a little bit. The other cool things are the Kinect games which we enjoy. When the wife's dad comes and visits we play darts and bowling.

I got ya. To each his own. I hope you don't take that as me being a dick, it's just that the topic of the thread is "console wars", so just throwing out my opinion on the superior console!

• Like 1

SkullCracker
Just now, PopeCheese said:

I got ya. To each his own. I hope you don't take that as me being a dick, it's just that the topic of the thread is "console wars", so just throwing out my opinion on the superior console!

We're just discussing things so no reason I'd think you were being a dick.

PopeCheese
On 6/17/2018 at 10:13 PM, Trunkz Jr said:

136.gif

TIL Trunks believes that Nintendo owe's its existence to Sony