SecretSquirrel43

Battlefield UWS Clan Fight

Battlefield Clan Battle  

54 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What game would you prefer?

• Battlefield 1
    • Battlefield 4
  2. 2. What day would work best for you? (Vote for as many as applicable)

• Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

SecretSquirrel43

@chileanjew had an idea for a clan 32v32 for Battlefield and we were wondering how much interest there was in it. 

There are some simple questions on what game and what days would work best for you, the time would most likely be 8pm or maybe 9pm EST. If there is enough interest, we could make this into a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly event where we duke it out against each other.

While we are planning to use a dead server, if the interest is big enough for convenience sake we could rent a server as well.

Please let us know if you are interested, and leave suggestions below.

• Like 1

HenrySetaga

If this idea will be posible is there particularly game mode or just  random?

chileanjew

I think we'd most likely find an emtpy DICE official server, most likely Conquest. 

We could even just go for vanilla maps if whoever wants in doesn't have premium, so they wouldn't have to worry about that.

PopeCheese
Posted (edited)

There's been a pretty big influx of bf4 play lately I've noticed, and I'm sure given enough notice all the BF boys would be able to get BF4 installed.

I think getting 32 people on would be the biggest issue. Maybe a domination tournament would be a safer bet, or a conquest on the smaller maps with 16 v 16 or 20 v 20

Edited by PopeCheese

chileanjew

9 minutes ago, PopeCheese said:

There's been a pretty big influx of bf4 play lately I've noticed, and I'm sure given enough notice all the BF boys would be able to get BF4 installed.

I think getting 32 people on would be the biggest issue. Maybe a domination tournament would be a safer bet, or a conquest on the smaller maps with 16 v 16 or 20 v 20

Well I’ve actually been thinking about this for a while, and I was thinking if it was in BF1, we’d set the date, have everyone in teamspeak, and basically we’d flood an empty official DICE server all at once to however everyone decides, whether it be same team (which would be harder to fill up with randoms if needed (which is a possibility either way)) or split up into two teams. 

The main idea to have this event, whether it be weekly/monthly or whatever, is to just kind of get people hyped for BFV and start bringing back the Battlefield players. Just an effort for some battlefield comraderie :)

• Like 1

Minos
12 minutes ago, chileanjew said:

Well I’ve actually been thinking about this for a while, and I was thinking if it was in BF1, we’d set the date, have everyone in teamspeak, and basically we’d flood an empty official DICE server all at once to however everyone decides, whether it be same team (which would be harder to fill up with randoms if needed (which is a possibility either way)) or split up into two teams. 

The main idea to have this event, whether it be weekly/monthly or whatever, is to just kind of get people hyped for BFV and start bringing back the Battlefield players. Just an effort for some battlefield comraderie :)

I and a few other members in UWS were apart of a different clan previously that used to run some BF nights every weekend.  I always thought it was a good idea even though it never quite worked out as well as planned.  Basically each night was dedicated towards a BF whether it be 3,4, or 1 at the time.  I think it'd be cool to just have a day each weekend where we maybe designate it to some old BF we could all play on leading up to BFV.  It's always fun to go back to games like BC2, 3, and 4 to just relive some old memories.  Something like this might be a little easier then filling up a whole server of us at one point to play against each other because getting everyone on at the same time hasn't been the easiest thing in the past.  

SecretSquirrel43
4 hours ago, HenrySetaga said:

If this idea will be posible is there particularly game mode or just  random?

I believe we would go conquest as that is the main mode we play.. if there is enough demand I wouldn't be against swapping but I don't think that would happen, except maybe some people would like to see rush.

• Like 1

PopeCheese
33 minutes ago, Minos said:

I and a few other members in UWS were apart of a different clan previously that used to run some BF nights every weekend.  I always thought it was a good idea even though it never quite worked out as well as planned.  Basically each night was dedicated towards a BF whether it be 3,4, or 1 at the time.  I think it'd be cool to just have a day each weekend where we maybe designate it to some old BF we could all play on leading up to BFV.  It's always fun to go back to games like BC2, 3, and 4 to just relive some old memories.  Something like this might be a little easier then filling up a whole server of us at one point to play against each other because getting everyone on at the same time hasn't been the easiest thing in the past.  

This sounds look a good idea, a trip back to BF3 as a group would be pretty cool

4F73RM47H

I love this idea and hope we can get a full 64 members in a game.

The first question is when? I'd say let's get this going in 2 weeks from Saturday or better yet let's hop on after EA play this Saturday! I'm sure a decent amount will be on the battlefield channel while EA play is going on Saturday morning/afternoon. Also, we'll all be hype from the BFV news ;):giphy:

Also while we have the topic up I was thinking about doing a throwback Thursday sort of event every week while we play either BC2, BF3, BF4. Possibly do a poll every week and see what game everyone wants to play so we can get it all downloaded beforehand. I imagine most won't have all those installed as HD space can be a hassle to handle. 

I think we need some more exposure so I'm tagging all members to gauge interest. Sorry for the spam to the members who don't play Battlefield. 

@Community Leader @Community Admin @Game Admin @Captain

@Member @ Veteran Member @Legacy Member 

• Like 4

Col-Squirrel

Throwback events could be quite fun.  I'm up for some serious old school Battlefield 1942, just to start at the roots of Battlefield.

• Like 1

4F73RM47H

Hell yeah @SkullCracker! I don't know if you knew this but we're playing a lot more BF4 in the channel lately. I generally play BF4 more now on weekends so hop in the channel every now and again and say hi! Would you say you'd be down for a vote every week and try to get as many members in as we can on whatever game is top voted? I mean as long as it's BF4 or would you be alright playing some BF1 for at least a round with the clan?

@Col-Squirrel Right! Thursday's are normally a very busy night on the channel so I think this would be a great idea. I'd love to get back into Bf1942 or BF2 but not sure servers are very widespread. Been a bit since I've played either or those. It'd be nice if DICE ported BF1943 to PC so we had a similar BF1942 game with semi-updated graphics. Tho 1943 is pretty downgraded from what I remember. 

SkullCracker
1 hour ago, 4F73RM47H said:

Hell yeah @SkullCracker! I don't know if you knew this but we're playing a lot more BF4 in the channel lately. I generally play BF4 more now on weekends so hop in the channel every now and again and say hi! Would you say you'd be down for a vote every week and try to get as many members in as we can on whatever game is top voted? I mean as long as it's BF4 or would you be alright playing some BF1 for at least a round with the clan?

Nope didn't know that and will start joining. As for BF1 I can jump in as well. Just keep in mind I have 24 hours total which means I'm no good at the game and don't know the maps..

• Like 1

0xygenthief

I'm a big fan of BF4 as well, haven't played in a while because I figured no one else was playing it.  I'm downloading it again now, hit me up if anyone is looking for a squad...

chileanjew
6 hours ago, SkullCracker said:

Nope didn't know that and will start joining. As for BF1 I can jump in as well. Just keep in mind I have 24 hours total which means I'm no good at the game and don't know the maps..

I'm sure I speak for several of us in the BF1 group when I say we have no issue with being Sherpas for anyone who has interest playing with us in BF1 :)  I'm pretty confident that you all will have a great experience playing with fellow clan members this time around.  I myself don't mind having any of you guys in my squad :D

Big Boss
10 hours ago, SkullCracker said:

I'm down for this but prefer BF4. I can't stand BF1 and think it's comes in 2nd behind BFV.

I am with Skull on this one. I like bf4 over BF1. Ever since they nerfed the Martini in BF1 (Why they would ever do that since barely anyone used it) I stopped playing.

Col-Squirrel
3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

I am with Skull on this one. I like bf4 over BF1. Ever since they nerfed the Martini in BF1 (Why they would ever do that since barely anyone used it) I stopped playing.

They nerfed it because it was getting 1 hit kills when it wasn't supposed to, and everyone was using it because of that.  It's still a powerful rifle in game, and still used by many.

• Like 1

Big Boss
3 minutes ago, Col-Squirrel said:

They nerfed it because it was getting 1 hit kills when it wasn't supposed to, and everyone was using it because of that.  It's still a powerful rifle in game, and still used by many.

And that is why, BF1 sucks and its playerbase has died. They screwed up hardcore. And I don't mean by the hardcore setting. 

3ebcce0d659abe109ee36e28a171c505.png
https://gyazo.com/3ebcce0d659abe109ee36e28a171c505

Col-Squirrel
Posted (edited)

Well the infantry martini is the one that was released with the game, the sniper variant was a class rank 10 unlock released well after, and was never designed to be good.  It was released as a troll weapon.  The damage drop off of the martini isn't designed to be used as a scope. The same reason why they never released an infantry version of the 1903. 

Edit: and if you notice the infantry martini is still the 2nd most used rifle for the scout class.

Edited by Col-Squirrel

chileanjew

Let's try to stay on topic guys.  We're trying to promote an event for the clan, not divide people and get people turned off to participating...

Big Boss
Posted (edited)

The sniper was absolutely released with the game from day one you just had to rank up scout class. I unlocked it and only used it very quickly because I had a skin for it and I wanted to see what it looked like. If I remember correctly the damage was 50 or 80 percent damage from 0-10meters so it wasn't like you could run around corners and point blank people then 100 percent from 10-200 or 300. There was drop off. There also is no scope, long reload time etc. If you were good with it, you could deal. I had 1000 kills in the first week or so with it. There were people with 10000 kills with machine guns so what was really the problem? It seemed like butthurt COD and Battlefront transplants to most of the veteran BF players. They nerfed it and I stopped playing.

@Col-Squirrel

Sorry yes it is called the Martini Henry Infantry in the Scout class.

Edited by Big Boss

Big Boss
26 minutes ago, chileanjew said:

Let's try to stay on topic guys.  We're trying to promote an event for the clan, not divide people and get people turned off to participating...

Still in for a BF4 session

Minos

This

11 hours ago, 4F73RM47H said:

I love this idea and hope we can get a full 64 members in a game.

The first question is when? I'd say let's get this going in 2 weeks from Saturday or better yet let's hop on after EA play this Saturday! I'm sure a decent amount will be on the battlefield channel while EA play is going on Saturday morning/afternoon. Also, we'll all be hype from the BFV news ;):giphy:

Also while we have the topic up I was thinking about doing a throwback Thursday sort of event every week while we play either BC2, BF3, BF4. Possibly do a poll every week and see what game everyone wants to play so we can get it all downloaded beforehand. I imagine most won't have all those installed as HD space can be a hassle to handle. 

This Saturday works great for me and I'm definitely up for playing then.  I also don't care what BF, but if I had to pick a preference it'd be 4 because I think there is a much wider range of things to do on that game.  Still though, I couldn't care less what game is picked to play. 

The throwback event I think is something we should definitely do and going back to 1942 sounds great as well.  We did this a while ago on 1942: DC which was a first for me to play and it was a pretty damn fun time so I'd be up for going back to those old school games again,  

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us