Aeswere

Considering renting a server.

Aeswere
Posted (edited)

EDIT: Filter for "uws" and you should find it.

I'm considering renting a server for BF1. It is pretty expensive but I also planned on labeling it as UWS, so we'd be able to recruit/get players to join UWS. It would probably be a 200% damage server as I've been playing those recently and they're pretty amazing. They aren't super unfair, but the guns actually feel powerful, like they should. I believe Origin Access gives a 10% discount on all the servers (at least it says I have discounted prices in-game, assuming it's OA), so the higher tiers (30, 90 and 180 days) are cheaper for myself (180d is ~$20 cheaper).

I also planned on making/giving admin to either trusted constant UWS BF1 players, and/or Captains.

If I do this now, I can only (currently) pay for a 7d server. In the future (like months from now, or even next year) I would be able to pay for a longer uptime server, that is if people are still playing this game. 

Edited by Aeswere
added how to find server

4F73RM47H

It's 100% up to you if you wish to spend the money on one. We've done this in the past for a month and it was tricky getting the server started so it takes commitment and not just from yourself but from all UWS BF players. I can discuss this tonight and see if the general population would be interested in giving this another try.

While I do agree with you that this is a good option for recruiting especially with BFV so close. Be aware that setting the damage to 200% sets your server up as "custom server" and you'll have a harder time filling the server up because of that. I haven't played a 200% damage server since the TTK 2.0 patch has been here so I'm not sure how that plays but the game since TTK patch it feels more like an old 200% damage server in its current state. 

I'd have no issue being an admin but can't speak for the captains. 

I wouldn't recommend going over the 30 days as you might just be throwing money away as I'm sure a lot of members will be ditching BF1 after BFV releases which would be in about 5 ish months. 

Aeswere
7 minutes ago, 4F73RM47H said:

-snip-

I'm not sure if I have to be a certain rank in the platoon, but there's a tab in the platoon via the main menu that is labeled "rented servers" adding this server to that would let anyone in the platoon, or others viewing it be able to join, afaik.

Brien

Honestly I wouldn't. We tried in the past and a majority of the time the server is dead. Even when you have 10+ members on it can be hard to fill. Maybe like aftermath said and wait till bf5 since the most popular servers now are what will fill first but when the new one comes out it we could steal one of the top spots and be like AOD (in that we keep it full but not be blueberries :P )

• Like 1

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us