Sign in to follow this  
chileanjew

What's your preference?

chileanjew

Do you guys prefer that UWS members split to equalize team member numbers or that we stay grouped up on the same side?  

I'm looking at this from more of our own clan perspective (we're all here to play with fellow clan members, shouldn't be our fault if blueberries don't know how to socialize and join a group right?  It IS an in-game feature that DICE has always tried to encourage, more so in the BFV).

Just wanna know your guys' thoughts.  For me personally I enjoy some friendly competition but I'll always make it a priority that my clan mates are enjoying themselves.  

4F73RM47H

Personally, for myself, I prefer to play on the same team but this depends on how many of us there are. If there is 20 of us on then I'd prefer if we split up into two teams to keep it fair for the server we're playing in. It's not fun playing a game and destroying a team both for the winning and losing sides. Although if we're playing against another clan with similar numbers then I'd obviously prefer playing with you guys. 

If the game is unbalanced from the beginning and we're on one side I'd recommend that a few of us switch over so we don't kill the server and if DICE isn't going to do anything about balance then I think we have a responsibility to keep a balanced game. This makes the clan look better to the BF community. I have the most fun when the game is close and not a total blow out but at the same time, I do like to win...

If we're split up into separate teams then I'd like for members to respect each other and show a bit of sportsmanship. It's just a game at the end of the day. My 2 cents anyways.

chileanjew

Pretty much my thoughts exactly...
The parts where it gets a little difficult to manage are, "How to actually balance teams so that it remains fun?"  We've had experiences within the last month or two where we do split for the sake of the lobby, and it still ends up not being fun for one side or maybe even both.
The second part would be your mentioned "sportsmanship"...which is a tough one.  Shooters tend to bring out the rage in people, some more often than others.  That issue kind of disappears if we're all the on the same side.  But once we're split...well everyone who's been playing BF1 with us can see what happens sometimes.

Kind of just trying to figure it out so we can have more clan members on BF1 as we build hype for BFV, so perhaps we can have a smooth transition and kind of a system that we can maintain to keep people interested.  No one likes being on the receiving end of a pubstomp all day.  

-Side note, we've got upwards of like 100 people in our BF1 division, would love to see more.  Perhaps even the players who tried B1 at the start but didn't enjoy it?  I feel like the game has changed drastically since release.  And of course it should  be more enjoyable with fellow clan mates.

Brien

Whatever gets me that dub. But honestly we have had games where we had 10-15 UWS members on a team and still the retards that fill the rest of the team make us lose. Leading into BF5 i think some changes could help like maybe have a system where a platoon (hopefully can be bigger than 100) can apply for a server provided by EA (they have many that just sit empty) to promote more communities to pop up which helps people want to keep playing (main reason why so many quit playing bf1 was no one to play with).

But to go back to the actual question I like if we can all be on the same team as aftermath said it usually is a few people that get screwed if we split up. I wish they would have a balancing system based on SPM and group platoons together and avg their SPMs as a group and figure out balancing that way. Honestly there are so many good ideas that people have generated that DICE can use to fix bf1/prevent issues when they reskin it for WW2. Just hope EA isn't backseat driving like they did for Battlefront (makes more sense with battlefront since they had to pay so much for the star wars license).

Furtz_7

I love playing with the same team but if there is a lot of players in one server like of 15 we should probably split it up and have some fun competition. I know im new but if this is a constant thing were we have over 20 player on at a time playing together it may be good to rent a server. 

chileanjew
2 minutes ago, Furtz_7 said:

I love playing with the same team but if there is a lot of players in one server like of 15 we should probably split it up and have some fun competition. I know im new but if this is a constant thing were we have over 20 player on at a time playing together it may be good to rent a server. 

I was told that we have had official UWS servers in the past but we weren't successful with it, whether it was because it was made too late into the game's lifespan or whatever.  But that's fine.  Having a server for all of us to play on every night isn't really an issue at the moment.  As I understand it we're going to try to have a server for BFV on launch (or as close to it as possible).  

Furtz_7

That's true i just read that on another post. It's something to look into in BFV but it really isn't worth it for bf1 now. It's kind of dead.

chileanjew
9 minutes ago, Furtz_7 said:

That's true i just read that on another post. It's something to look into in BFV but it really isn't worth it for bf1 now. It's kind of dead.

Gonna have to disagree with ya there.  BF1 is not even close to being dead lol.  Like I said we have at least 8 people on every night queuing up into full servers.  We have a division of players specifically for BF1  with 118 members but only 20-30 play.  Not for a lack of servers or playerbase mind you, either they didn't like the game on release and didn't try again, or haven't really experienced BF1 with clan members, which is a completely different experience.  I can confidently say that as I've never been with a platoon for about a year after BF1's release, and the past 4 months have been much, much more enjoyable with UWS.

Furtz_7

Well this is good to hear. The reason I came here is for a more active platoon. My old platoon has become completely inactive and most have told me they wont play agin until BFV. That made me leave immediately. I also didn't mean to say dead just a bit more inactive then at the beginning. 

chileanjew

All good!  Just didn't want you to think that we didn't have players for you to join off on.  You are more than welcome (as well as anyone else who happens to stumble upon this post) to join us in the evenings.  Pretty much every night around 8:30-9:30 CST is when our BF1 players get on and start playing.

Sign in to follow this  

united-we-stand-logo (footer size).png

United We Stand

United We Stand started in 2003 under the name Stars and Stripes. Our community has over 13 years of experience within the Battlefield franchise. Now, our community supports a diverse selection of gaming titles including: Escape from Tarkov, DayZ, PUBG, Star Citizen, and Siege to name a few. Come hang out, make new friends and enjoy your time with our united internationally supported gaming community!

Follow us