Sign in to follow this  
Phamous

Glitching....

Phamous

Why do people do this? Whats the point if you remove the core gameplay value of looting/risk chance? It was terrible prewipe and was beaten down in new patch. Now its come back with a vengeance. People are doing it more often and Ive even seen people with larger guns (105 + attachments) glitching. Whats worst are most of these players are veterans or at least high leveled 25-40+ and yet they are still glitching a pistol. How pathetically sad...

Also I was watching a streamer xcudi playing just now. He killed someone in factory sporting the UWS tag (PM me for name)... I'm not sure how this clan looks on glitching, since it isn't exactly hacking, but the devs frown upon it and arent banning atm because they need those glitchers to fine tune their game. It does make the clan look bad, the chat was going off. 

Com}{rade

Any way to take advantage of something, there's always someone there to do it. Even in EA and Betas. Sad.

As for our rules, they're pretty clear. We don't tolerate glitching and doing anything unnatural to the core of the game to get an advantage. We can only know this is happening if people step up and report it. We have a lot of players, and we cannot possibly know what everyone is doing who joins. We can only enforce the rules we have the best we can. Anyone in twitch chat that doesn't understand how a community works (size) and how statistics work, isn't worth worrying about in terms of their opinions.

I'll PM you for more information.

Maverick V6

Cheating and Exploits

As a member of =UWS= you have agreed to abide by our guidelines and rules. One of these rules clearly states our community's policy in regards to glitches, cheats, and the use of exploits. We have zero tolerance for members that wish to cheat outright, and those caught will likely receive a permanent ban.  In regards to Escape from Tarkov, we all know that this game is in early development. We understand that the game is not finished. Bugs, glitches, and exploits will be found. We understand that the path of least resistance is alluring when it presents itself and that many members of the gaming public will utilize these exploits to make the game easier. The Battle State Games developers have announced that they will not punish those using these exploits as the game is still in active development. They don't find use of these exploits problematic because in the long run it helps them identify flaws in the game that need to be addressed. =UWS= is different. Our community is meant to be mature and fair when it comes to gaming. It is a privilege, not a right to be a part of =UWS=. We expect guests and members alike to play with a certain decorum. Thus, the following is hereby not approved by =UWS= in the current state of EFT:  

1. Utilizing any method that allows you to use your weapon without risk of loss in-game

2. Performing actions that allow you to have unlimited SCAV runs without proper cooldown

3. Utilizing any method to make yourself invincible

4. Duplicating in game items

5. Glitching yourself into areas of the map that make you unkillable

6. Glitching yourself into areas of the map that allow for powerleveling soft skills 

7. Altering game files in any way shape or form

8. The use of any macro that gives you a distinct advantage over other players

These are the current main exploits that =UWS= disapproves of. All of these are deliberate choices made by the player with full knowledge that it gives him or her an unfair advantage. Anyone caught using these exploits with evidence will be disciplined. Members/guests will be barred from all =UWS= services which will include a ban from the community and loss of access to our TeamSpeak server. Depending on the severity and the circumstances we may elect other means of disciplinary action. Above all, we have zero tolerance - be forewarned. If banned you are welcomed to dispute your ban on our website. Understand that the ban dispute process is viewable not only by =UWS= staff/members but by the public as well. We are not obligated to review with you decisions for your ban if you are found to be guilty; yet, we will always follow up if a ban dispute is made. Thank you for being a honorable member/guest of =UWS=!

All of this can be found in our Code of Conduct seen here.

AliasBravo
Posted (edited)

A lot of This falls on the Developers. There are a number of circumstances and situations where somebody can be wrongfully reported for exploits. Not outright cheating or hacks. Easy to spot example is tickle me pink recently had to dispute a post where he was macroing. He created a video showcasing that he was not macroing. And macro is almost impossible to determine because many hardware and software like Logitech or Razer have that built-in. By that same standard a DOT on the center of the screen is an exploit. There are a number of times where myself and others live on stream have had items bug and you can't drag a gun even though you could see it on the player but not in the players hands. That could be mistaken for an exploit and that person could be banned. Another is server desync, I've been in a number of situations where I shoot scavs and nothing happens and then 30 seconds later I die with nobody around me.  This is unlike situations where you can tell the guy is speed hacking or  is getting instant headshots on a number of players.  But again these could look like a hack to somebody who is just upset that they died and it was a game issue. These situations appear to have severe consequences in an early beta game where the responsibility falls on the developers which is why they're putting an anti cheats and fixing the bugs they have. I understand a community having rules and making the members responsible for their actions and I'm sure everybody appreciates that because nobody here wants to play with cheaters and hackers. But some of it seems unfair to be a permanent band situation unless it is a cheat or clearly a hack as there are a number of issues that could cause resembling circumstances. Maybe a temp band seeing as the game is in full release that lease offers some fairness and warning to somebody who might be having an issue.

Edited by AliasBravo

Maverick V6

@AliasBravo

I appreciate your input. I think I understand your concerns, but let me make things very clear. Whenever a report is brought against a =UWS= member we investigate it fully. There must be sufficient evidence to support the claim.  Speculation is not proof and wont be disciplined.  Unless there is indisputable evidence the member wont by banned....however they may be warned or punished differently.  I think if you search for it you will find that our admins are very fair and aren't power hungry. All ban disputes are viewable by the public and by all members of =UWS= in the designated "Slammer" section of our forums.  I think it is very clear that when we make a disciplinary decision that there is sufficient evidence to warrant the ban. 

As you described above, use of 3rd party software or devices will always be prevalent. The use of programs to mark the center of your screen to make aiming easier many in the gaming world frown upon it. This is a relatively minor issue, but obviously being caught increasing your Gamma to see in the dark many would say is unacceptable and cheating. Use of Macros depending on what it is used for is a big issue. As an example, creating any function to perform a linked series of actions could provide a very unfair advantage. Being able to spam and marginally increase your fire rate is a problem (making a semi-auto weapon full-auto). Using a mouse button configured to use a single item (i.e. med kit)...not an issue. It is all within reason, but it is very clear in most situations what is an advantage and what isn't. All of these are hard to prove without clear video evidence to support it or a formal report presented from the developers themselves.  Keep in mind that macroing is "allowed" at this time with BSG, yet there is information in the pipeline to change this. It will eventually be a potential bannable action.  

Desync or server related issues wont be disciplined. Quoting myself above: "All of these [listed exploits] are deliberate choices made by the player with full knowledge that it gives him or her an unfair advantage." I am fully aware that the game is still in development. Bugs will be found, new exploits discovered.  If BSG doesn't want to punish their players for exposing or using these exploits then that is their decision. Here at =UWS= we are different, and by being here you agree to meet a certain set of standards. Use of the listed exploits here are unacceptable. We carefully outline what is considered a 'cheat/exploit' as we know the game is in development. Some things are out of anyone's control. But again, these are all events that the player has full control of. You have to make a conscious decision to use it.  If caught you will be punished. 

Keep in mind that this is nothing new. We have had these rules since the very beginning and the code of conduct for EFT was supplemented in November 2017.  Thus far only a handful of members have been banned due to in game actions/behavior for EFT. Out of these few, most had their permission revoked due to being formally banned by BSG for a variety of reasons.  We have only enforced a tiny (2 or so) number of bans thus far based on evidence presented by other community members as well as outside guests.  

Disciplinary decisions are made on a case by case basis. Again, I provide a fair review for all exploit/cheat use inquiries. If you are not engaging in any of the actions listed above then you should have nothing to fear.   

AliasBravo

Thank you for the exemplary response. I believe we all appreciate the hard work here in the community.