SkullCracker

PUBG Dev Sues Fortnite Studio For Copyright Infringement In Korea

SkullCracker

EPIC makes a game that is similar to PUBG and is being sued. Well, that's pretty damn stupid when so many games companies make games that are similar to the competition. What we really have here is a company who's made almost a billion dollars and the game still has issues. But no worries because Butthole has just stated the other day they'll be fixing the issues we've all been telling them for a long time now...lmao. Wait, what, they've known about this shit for how long and are just now stating they will be fixing them, SMH. Guess when FORTNITE who uses the same engine as PUBG actually works I guess I can see why Butthole became upset.....lmao. Buthole is just another useless ass company that cries when they should just shut it and fix the damn game that's made them almost that billion. All I know is I hope this slaps them in the face and they lose.

Copyright infrinngment....lmao. Every game has similarities and that's just the way it is. Not sure how they can claim copyright infringement over the style of the game. Yes, it's a Battle Royal but that's it. They don't look the same, play the same so how is this once again copyright infringement. Bunch of Butthurt fools over Butthole.....lmao.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pubg-dev-sues-fortnite-studio-for-copyright-infrin/1100-6459244/

• Like 1

SkullCracker

This is last year and that's also a lot of damn money. That money could have brought in the people who know what must be done and the game wouldn't be in the state it is today. And if you tell me you have no issues all you'll do is make me laugh. The problems that are there are seen by everyone which is why they are now saying they will be working on them. Almost all of these problems are on the server side, not just client side so you do experience them.

https://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/study-pubg-made-more-than-700-million-last-year-w516162

They didn't address a damn thing which is why we all still see these problems. https://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-addresses-lag-and-rubber-banding-in-first-patch-since-full-release/

• Like 1

Minos

Just trying to sue their way back into popularity.  It's pretty obvious when they only target Fortnite when there are games that are clearly a copy of PUBG.  PUBG will very slowly begin to decline in player counts over time and they probably are realizing that so they are trying to save their ass somehow by doing this.  

It's really sad too because I was rooting for the PUBG devs because of all of his work with the Arma 3 BR stuff he did, but they just ruined that in the past year or two because of their countless issues with both the game and their PR team.  

• Like 1

Trunkz Jr

If they win, it's going to be a big shot to the industry, where anyone could go after anyone for making similar games alike, example Nintendo go after Sony for that Smash Brothers Clone PlayStation All-Stars. Your game looks like Final Fantasy? Sued. It's pretty sad that if you can't beat'em, sue'em has to be used.

• Like 1

SkullCracker
32 minutes ago, Trunkz Jr said:

If they win, it's going to be a big shot to the industry, where anyone could go after anyone for making similar games alike, example Nintendo go after Sony for that Smash Brothers Clone PlayStation All-Stars. Your game looks like Final Fantasy? Sued. It's pretty sad that if you can't beat'em, sue'em has to be used.

That's what has me worried.

Altair
Posted (edited)

Well I read somewhere that Pubg corporation in its development showed their blueprints etc to epic to help them with game but instead they decide copy almost whole concept for their own game which is weird move and not much legally right.

But dont know how much truth is there.

Edited by Altair

SkullCracker
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Altair said:

Well I read somewhere that Pubg corporation in its development showed their blueprints etc to epic to help them with game but instead they decide copy almost whole concept for their own game which is weird move and not much legally right.

But dont know how much truth is there.

Let's say it is true and they were a bunch of snakes. Let's also say that they "tried" helping them but Butthole employees just didn't get it. And finally, let's say they said we can build a similar game and we'll make it work. I'm going with the last one because Butthole has had how much time in making a game that shouldn't be so difficult. Now I am no coder/programmer, but I do have friends who are and they've even said that this game shouldn't be so difficult in finishing. It's not like the engine they are using is brand new and everyone is lost trying to use it, well Butthole is even after making almost a billion dollars.

I don't think EPIC stole anything since the game looks totally different and plays differently as well. Might be a Battle Royale but other games we all play are similar to all the others out there.

Edited by SkullCracker

MetroHulk

Probably end up going nowhere...

• Like 1