Minos

Battlefield V...

Minos

So it's officially Battlefield V (or 5, who knows how they'll say it).  Not sure whether this means WWII or possibly Vietnam.   I just hope they learn from their mistakes and don't cross the line with loot boxes in Battlefield because we all know how that turned out in Battlefront II. No loot boxes would be great, but I won't get my hopes up.  

Not a fan of the host for the event (Trevor Noah).  I don't see how he would help with bringing more viewers and if they wanted a talk show host of some kind, at least pick Conan because we know he has some respect for gaming.  Or shit, have  Terry Crews host since he built his own PC with his son after playing at the BF1 reveal event.  It's always annoying and cringy to watch these celebrities that know nothing about gaming act like they do, so I just hope the presentation for the reveal isn't total shit.  

Nik00117

Don't give two shits about the host...its going be WW2 lets see how they do it.

Trunkz Jr

If they were smart, they would do the destruction of BC2 on the WWII setting to make fans happy.

SunderCats

Wish they would skip over WWII and get down in the Jungle.  BF Vietnam was my fav.

• Like 1

Minos

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/battlefield-5-live-reveal-ten-things-not-to-miss 

So SP will be returning as War Stories which I think is a good thing.  Makes me believe even more that it will be WWII.  I am just glad to see DICE/EA not following CoD's footsteps and doing no SP and replacing it with BR.  

• Like 1

SecretSquirrel43

BF1 was the first battlefield I never completed the campaign in, just didn't care enough cause I play for the multiplayer. However "war stories" does make it seem like it has to take place in a major war that has already happened, so I feel like it rules out any future war games.

Trevor Noah is whatever for me, don't care much all I want is the trailer and Dev shit.

Gamerbeau

Im hoping that this reveal lives up to the hype. There has been more build up for BFV than any previous title before IMHO. Im also wondering what exactly they mean when they talk about something new, and not repeating the past but moving forwards. 

Com}{rade

Letting an absolute loser host a reveal. Sounds like a plan! 

Let's hope that terrible decision is the only one I will witness for this reveal.

Less illusions of choice with weapons, better maps catered to specific modes, and BFBC2 like destruction and I'll be happy.

• Like 2

Wolfesscythe
3 hours ago, Com}{rade said:

Letting an absolute loser host a reveal. Sounds like a plan! 

Let's hope that terrible decision is the only one I will witness for this reveal.

Less illusions of choice with weapons, better maps catered to specific modes, and BFBC2 like destruction and I'll be happy.

I was on dialup back with BC2 was a thing. What was different about it's destruction, vs BF4?

SunderCats

Weill the delusions of grandeur have officially been squashed.  It's WWII.  I wont knock the game until I try it (might be great)  but the hype is totally gone....if there was any from me at all, which I'm not sure there even was.

Com}{rade
13 hours ago, Wolfesscythe said:

I was on dialup back with BC2 was a thing. What was different about it's destruction, vs BF4?

More destruction. Made Rush mode especially fun as each area would be fresh and turn into ruin as you progressed. BF1 seemed a lot better in this department compared to 3/4 but not as full as BFBC2. The downfall of BFBC2 of course being a lot of assets were re-used to achieve this. But, with the progress of the engine I hope we can get BFBC2 type of full destruction and have diversity.

• Like 1

Minos
Posted (edited)

WWII it is it looks like.  I'm excited for the reveal.  Like I said, era doesn't bother me so long as they execute it properly.  

Edit: Also a quick note, you can see the tickets going down from 308-307.  This could HOPEFULLY mean that conquest will be returning to the BF3/4 style and ditching BF1's shitty system.  Fingers crossed.

Edited by Minos
  • Like 1

Minos
5 minutes ago, Com}{rade said:

More destruction. Made Rush mode especially fun as each area would be fresh and turn into ruin as you progressed. BF1 seemed a lot better in this department compared to 3/4 but not as full as BFBC2. The downfall of BFBC2 of course being a lot of assets were re-used to achieve this. But, with the progress of the engine I hope we can get BFBC2 type of full destruction and have diversity.

While I agree BC2's destruction was great.  If they implement such systems again, they need to make sure it is optimized.  I and many others have issues with BF1 because of its destruction (and shitty nade spam) and the heavy reliance on the CPU.  And while destruction is great, I still want there to be hard cover (buildings/assets that cannot be destroyed.  Otherwise maps can be destroyed and ruined due to a lack of cover.   It was the case for some maps in BF1 imo.  

Also, they need to learn again how to design maps for certain modes like they did back in BC2 and BF3.  BF1 has a LOT of shitty maps and BF4 had its fair share as well.

• Like 1

Com}{rade
11 minutes ago, Minos said:

While I agree BC2's destruction was great.  If they implement such systems again, they need to make sure it is optimized.  I and many others have issues with BF1 because of its destruction (and shitty nade spam) and the heavy reliance on the CPU.  And while destruction is great, I still want there to be hard cover (buildings/assets that cannot be destroyed.  Otherwise maps can be destroyed and ruined due to a lack of cover.   It was the case for some maps in BF1 imo.  

Also, they need to learn again how to design maps for certain modes like they did back in BC2 and BF3.  BF1 has a LOT of shitty maps and BF4 had its fair share as well.

100% agree.

Since it's going to be WWII, I really hope they just don't port over BF1 into the BF V setting. Hate to say it, but I didn't enjoy the way BF1 felt at all. I really, really hope BF V is something fresh and gives me more of a past BF game feel in gameplay.

• Like 1

CA8OOS3
Posted (edited)

What doesn’t make sense is it looks part of a single player campaign that has been revealed but shows a multiplayer HUD system... doesn’t make sense and I think it’s there to throw off the trail

Some theories suggest that it could be the Korean War as well. Since we already have a WW2 BF Game it would make sense. If it is Korean War I would hope that they incorporate the 9th Infantry Regiment because those guys pushed North Korea all the way back to China, took a 500lb bell from a church, then brought it back to South Korea... it’s because of that they commemorate that event by doing the Manchu Mile every year. 26 Mile Ruck march to pay honor to those soldiers. Since I was in 2/9 Infantry it would be great to see this...Manchu! Keep up the fire!!!!

Edited by CA8OOS3
  • Like 1

Minos
58 minutes ago, CA8OOS3 said:

What doesn’t make sense is it looks part of a single player campaign that has been revealed but shows a multiplayer HUD system... doesn’t make sense and I think it’s there to throw off the trail

Some theories suggest that it could be the Korean War as well. Since we already have a WW2 BF Game it would make sense. If it is Korean War I would hope that they incorporate the 9th Infantry Regiment because those guys pushed North Korea all the way back to China, took a 500lb bell from a church, then brought it back to South Korea... it’s because of that they commemorate that event by doing the Manchu Mile every year. 26 Mile Ruck march to pay honor to those soldiers. Since I was in 2/9 Infantry it would be great to see this...Manchu! Keep up the fire!!!!

It's a possibility, but Im almost positive it's gonna be WWII.  Everything lines up.  The quote "Never be the same" refers back to what Churchill said in a speech about Normandy.  And I think the player being in your face is some sort of melee animation.  Westie said something similar that the German soldier is hushing the British player like a taunt during a melee kill.  Kind've reminds me of the scene from Saving Private Ryan when he stabs the guy in the chest and hushes him as the knife goes into him.  3:25 in the video is what im referring to.

Warboar

I think WW2 would be pretty cool, but I was hoping for another modern setting really. Almost like a BF4 overhaul lol.